Articles by Nish Amarnath
- Wealthy Homeowners Threaten Housing Recovery
July 13 2012 9:18 PM
Luxury homeowners are panicking at the prospect of paying millions of dollars more in capital gains taxes from next year. Their soaring desperation could eventually cripple housing prices.
- Euro's Falling Value: A Solution To The Crisis, Or A Symptom?
July 13 2012 4:32 PM
A declining currency value could be a boon for Europe and a final solution to the ongoing crisis, economists say.
- 50-50 Chance Of Euro Zone Split: Analyst
July 13 2012 1:45 PM
The euro zone will not disintegrate. Instead, there is a fifty-fifty chance of a split between the financially sound countries and economically weaker ones, the Economic Outlook Group said on Friday.
- Is China Growing Modestly Amid Dim Global Forecasts?
July 12 2012 5:07 PM
China's slowdown might be real but its economy is far from smashing into smithereens. Many subtle pointers indicate that the world's second-largest economy is turning around.
- Seven Dead In Mauritania Plane Crash, No Survivors
July 12 2012 2:26 PM
All seven people aboard a plane being used by Kinross Gold Corporation (NYSE: KGC) died when the aircraft crashed shortly after takeoff from an airport in the African nation of Mauritania, officials of the gold mining company said Thursday.
- United Orders Boeing Jets For $14.7B To Save On Fuel
July 12 2012 12:50 PM
United Continental Holdings Inc. (UAL) is joining hands with Boeing Co. (BA) to save on its fuel costs by replacing outdated and obsolete planes.
- As Class Gap Widens, Obama Shifts Campaign Focus To Income Inequality
July 11 2012 7:31 PM
As President Barack Obama pivots to make income inequality a focus of his campaign, income and wealth disparities are widening to alarming proportions.
- Why Have 26 Workers In Bahrain Committed Suicide This Year?
July 11 2012 4:07 PM
More than 100 Indian laborers are trapped in Bahrain over a wage dispute with Nass Corporation. Some have no money to support their families in India and no hope of escape.
- Narrower US Trade Gap Fails To Ignite Hopes Of Economic Growth
July 11 2012 11:40 AM
The increased sale of American products in Europe and China, amidst economic turmoil in both regions, does little to evoke hopes of economic growth in the U.S.
- UK Industrial Output Improves But Economy Still Weak
July 10 2012 4:10 PM
British industrial data released Tuesday, while a slight improvement over the previous month's figures, can't hide the fact that the economy is still weak, experts say.
- World's Top 3 Jet Engine Makers Exploit Booming Airline Market
July 10 2012 2:06 PM
The world's top three jet engine makers are accelerating their research and development (R&D) efforts to cash in on a booming global aviation market.
- Will Facebook's Move Into Job Search Give LinkedIn A Run For Its Money?
July 09 2012 6:49 PM
Facebook, which is expected to claim one-seventh of humanity in its grasp next month, is trying to give LinkedIn a run for its money with a proposed entry into the job-recruiting market.