Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Hungarian Far-Right Jobbik Party Embraces Muslim Nations
December 06 2013 12:43 PM
Jobbik snagged one-sixth of the popular vote, granting them 47 out of the 386 seats in the National Assembly, making them the third-largest party in Hungary
- South Asia Mourns Passing Of South Africa’s Anti-Apartheid Icon
December 06 2013 12:06 PM
Mandela had a long association with Indians and Indian people stretching back to his early days as an anti-apartheid activist.
- Bollywood’s Popularity Rising In North And South Korea
December 06 2013 5:20 AM
Bollywood actors including Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan and Aamir Khan have become well known on the Korean peninsula.
- The Indian Woman Mandela Loved And Almost Married
December 05 2013 5:13 PM
Mandela proposed to Amina Cachalia, an Indian anti-apartheid and women’s rights activist, soon after he divorced Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
- Why Australia's Beef Exporters Really Like South Korea
December 05 2013 12:17 PM
Total bilateral trade between South Korea and Australia amounted to about $29 billion last year.
- Swedish Police Keep Secret Files On Roma (Gypsy) People: Fighting Crime Or Ethnic Profiling?
December 04 2013 1:52 PM
Roma in Sweden suffer from high unemployment (80 percent), poor education, substandard housing and social isolation and deprivation.
- Pakistani Man In Dubai Kills Daughters, Himself Over Financial Debts
December 04 2013 11:00 AM
The majority of people in the UAE are foreign migrant workers, principally from India, Pakistan and The Philippines
- Neo-Nazi Threatens To Kidnap Crown Princess Of Belgium
December 03 2013 4:03 PM
Elisabeth is destined to one day become the queen herself, as she is first in the line of succession.
- India Baby Plan - Encouraging Parents To Abandon Their Daughters?
December 03 2013 1:19 PM
In Tamil Nadu, as in virtually all other parts of India, female offspring are considered a financial burden.
- New York City's Camelot: The Legacy Of Mayor John V. Lindsay
December 03 2013 6:31 AM
John Lindsay emerged on the national scene in the mid-1960s, as New York City found itself in the vortex of myriad urban ills.
- Peaceful Iceland Records Its First Fatal Police Shooting
December 02 2013 3:56 PM
Iceland has one of the lowest crime rates in the world, including a near absence of gun violence.
- World AIDS Day: HIV Infection Rates Plunging In India, But Many Have No Access To Anti-Retroviral Drugs
December 02 2013 12:49 PM
In deeply conservative and tradition-based Indian society, people carrying the deadly virus are often ostracized and mistreated.
- Happy Thankskilling: Morrissey Savages Obama In Letter To President
November 27 2013 11:59 AM
British musician Morrissey is a renowned vegetarian.
- The Daunting Challenges For Pakistan's New Army Chief
November 27 2013 10:55 AM
Raheel’s selection was somewhat of a surprise, as Nawaz ignored the front-runner, Lieutenant General Haroon Aslam.
- Chinese Pressure Uighur Muslims In Xinjiang To Abandon Veils, Beards
November 27 2013 7:15 AM
Muslim Uighurs, the largest ethnic group in Xinjiang province, have expressed their resentment over efforts by the state to alter their physical appearance.
- French Jews Flee Anti-Semitism, Muslim Extremism
November 26 2013 11:04 AM
A European Union report indicated many European Jews try to hide their identity.
- Bangladesh Election Set, But Opposition Demands Postponement
November 25 2013 6:11 PM
Opposition leaders are demanding PM Sheikh Hasina resign and form an impartial caretaker government to oversee the election.
- Norskrasisme: Tweets By Somali Student Triggers Discussions About Racism In Norway
November 25 2013 1:41 PM
Norway’s immigrant population has jumped to about 547,000 (11 percent of the total) from about 186,000 (4.3 percent) in 1995.
- Slovakia’s Neo-Nazi Governor - Only Latest of E. Europe Right-Wing Extremists
November 25 2013 10:35 AM
Kotleba's organization has long agitated against Slovakia’s Roma (Gypsy) minority, branding them as “parasites."
- John F. Kennedy Welcomed India’s Jawaharlal Nehru To U.S. In November 1961
November 22 2013 2:44 PM
John F. Kennedy welcomes Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru at Andrews Air Force Base, for an official state visit