Articles by Palash Ghosh
- One Year After Bangladesh Factory Collapse, Many Survivors Jobless, Wounded, Awaiting Full Compensation
April 23 2014 3:30 PM
The majority of survivors remain unemployed or unfit to work, while financial aid from the government has been slow in coming.
- Two Expensive Elections: US...And India
April 11 2014 12:54 PM
The $5 billion price tag for the Indian election will be about triple the amount of money spent during the 2009 general election.
- Indian Party Leader Wants To Drop Capital Punishment For Rapists
April 10 2014 3:16 PM
Yadav’s critics and opponents across the political spectrum condemned his remarks.
- That Corner Of The World Where Marxism Is Thriving
April 10 2014 1:45 PM
The tiny northeastern Indian state of Tripura has been dominated by Communists for more than 60 years.
- India's Janata Party Manifesto: Talk Of Cows, Yoga, But Not China Or US
April 10 2014 5:50 AM
The 52-page document spells out, mostly in ambiguous and intentionally vanilla terms, the party’s vision for its rule in India.
- India's Elections Watched Warily By China
April 09 2014 1:55 PM
India’s border patrol policy is only one small part of its military readiness against China.
- Illegal Immigration A 2014 Campaign Issue In Northeast India, Too
April 08 2014 2:53 PM
The BJP vowed that if it gained power in New Delhi, it would take serious steps to stop the influx of illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.
- Thieves, Conmen, Kidnappers, Rapists And Killers: Welcome To India's Parliament
April 08 2014 5:57 AM
India has a staggering number of MPs and political candidates facing serious criminal charges.
- What India Would Look Like After A Right Turn
April 07 2014 1:00 PM
PM candidate Narendra Modi is already a highly controversial figure due largely to events that took place in his native state of Gujarat in 2002.
- How World's No. 1 Democracy Holds A National Election
April 04 2014 10:48 AM
Voting will occur at 930,000 polling stations across India from April 7 to May 12.
- Will Bengal's Leader Ally With The BJP To Save Her State From Ruin?
April 03 2014 1:47 PM
Indian state leader Mamata Banerjee has long exhibited a history of independent thinking and behavior.
- Can 2 Tech Execs Transform Indian Politics?
April 02 2014 2:47 PM
This election marks the first time two prominent technology executives have taken the leap into politics.
- The Quest Of India's Women: Participation, Politics, Power
April 01 2014 1:58 PM
India, the world's largest democracy, has very few women in positions of political power.
- National Front Gains In Local French Elections
March 31 2014 2:35 PM
Despite the FN’s relatively sizable gains among the electorate, its road to Élysée Palace remains a hopelessly distant dream.
- Why Pakistan’s Literacy Rate Is In The Spotlight
March 31 2014 11:22 AM
Pakistan has actually made tremendous progress in easing illiteracy, even with rapid population growth.
- Mass Exodus From Infosys Sows Anxiety About Its Future
March 28 2014 12:41 PM
At least 50 executives who held the rank of associate vice-president or higher have left the firm since last summer.
- Bangladesh Airline Gets Boeings, But Profitability Is Elusive
March 28 2014 6:54 AM
Biman is reputedly plagued with many problems, including poor customer service, delayed flights and schedule disruptions.
- The $1 Trillion Question: Can An India Party Provide Free Health Care?
March 27 2014 1:09 PM
Rahul Gandhi has declared that Congress will confound polls and return to power for a third straight term.
- Will India's Third-Party Candidate Siphon Key Votes From The Right?
March 26 2014 4:22 PM
Arvind Kejriwal of the Aam Aadmi Party said he will contest a parliamentary seat in Varanasi against Narendra Modi.
- A Look At Asian-American Domination In Elite Schools
March 26 2014 6:21 AM
Asian Americans are heavily overrepresented in New York City's top public high schools.