Articles by Palash Ghosh
- The Keys To Sri Lanka-Saudi Arabia Migrant Labor Rights Deal
March 07 2014 11:03 AM
An estimated 500,000 Sri Lankans – about three-fifths of whom are women -- work in the kingdom.
- India Agrees To Help Provide Bangladesh With More Electric Power
March 06 2014 5:16 PM
India currently provides her neighbor with 500 MW of electricity.
- Brooklyn Gentrification: Spike Lee Has Right Message But Is Wrong Messenger
March 06 2014 3:04 PM
The filmmaker has a point about his native borough, but who would really want to swap clean, safe neighborhoods for urban grime and crime?
- Why Did Three Persian Gulf States Suddenly Pull Their Envoys Out Of Qatar?
March 06 2014 2:12 PM
Qatar has long annoyed its fellow GCC members, particularly Saudi Arabia.
- Moldova, Ukraine's Neighbor, Also Fears The Kremlin
March 06 2014 12:20 PM
Moldova is one of the smallest economies in Europe which depends heavily on natural gas from Russia
- Bless The Beasts: Indonesian Muslim Clerics Issue Fatwa To Protect Wildlife
March 06 2014 5:59 AM
National Geographic called the fatwa “unprecedented.”
- Laos: Rapid Economic Growth Leaving Rural Poor Behind
March 05 2014 1:35 PM
Laos has consistently delivered 8 percent annual GDP growth over the past decade.
- India’s 2014 Elections: Who Will Muslims Vote For?
March 05 2014 5:36 AM
Muslims account for about 13.7 percent of the nation's population, or roughly 180 million people.
- Ukraine Protests: A Revolution Painted Blue And Yellow
March 04 2014 3:18 PM
There is some mystery about the origins of the nation's color scheme.
- Bikes For Bengalis: Japan’s Honda Operating Motorcycle Plant In Bangladesh
March 04 2014 12:38 PM
The CD-80 model is priced at 11,000 Taka (about $142), which costs less than an imported motorcycle
- Watch Your Tongue: Ukraine's Language Conflict
March 03 2014 1:40 PM
Russian speakers are concentrated in the southern and eastern parts of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Turchynov: The Baptist Currently Running Ukraine
March 03 2014 11:37 AM
In a country of some 45 million people, only about 135,000 are Baptists.
- Philadelphia: Is The City’s Middle Class Vanishing?
March 01 2014 1:47 PM
As much of the urban environment became impoverished, the outlying suburbs have prospered.
- Blood Red Corridor: Maoist Rebels Kill Seven Policemen In Chhattisgarh, India
February 28 2014 1:49 PM
The massacre occurred in the Shyamgiri hills of the tribal Bastar region, which is a stronghold for Maoist guerrilla activity.
- Ukraine Girls Really Knock Me Out: Women Playing Crucial Roles In Euro-Maidan Protests
February 28 2014 9:58 AM
Almost one-half (47 percent) of Maidan protesters have been women, who are also using social media to promote their cause.
- An Unlikely Love Story Arises From Kiev's Chaos And Protests
February 27 2014 3:31 PM
The Ukrainian 'Romeo and Juliet' later went on a date and fell in love.
- Japan Dropped Nuclear Bomb On U.S. In World War II, Pakistan’s Real Name is ‘Islamic Islamabad’: Indian Textbook
February 27 2014 2:08 PM
The faulty textbooks are being used by more than 50,000 children in scores of schools across the state.
- More Indian Soldiers In Kashmir Killed By Colleagues Or Suicide Than By Insurgents Since 2009
February 27 2014 10:49 AM
Pakistan and India both claim Kashmir in its entirety, and both countries have stationed tens of thousands of troops in the region.
- Crimea's Tartars Caught In Conflict Between Russians And Ukrainians
February 26 2014 3:48 PM
The Tatars, a Turkic people and predominantly Muslim, ruled the Crimean peninsula before the Russian conquest.
- Shattered Glass Ceiling: Why Indian Female Executives Are Thriving In Its Banking Sector
February 26 2014 6:07 AM
State-owned banks headed by women control 45 percent of all of India's public sector bank deposits and 50 percent of all loans.