- Who Was Ukraine's Oleksandr Muzychko?
March 25 2014 1:33 PM
Muzychko, an ultra-nationalist, was a coordinator with the Right Sector organization.
- Despite Low Pay, Poor Work Conditions, Bangladeshi Women Press On
March 25 2014 9:33 AM
The garment industry is crucial to Bangladesh’s economic survival: the sector employs roughly 4 million people, about 90% of them women.
- India 2014 Elections - A Tale Of Two Bengals Where Never The Twain Shall Meet
March 24 2014 10:57 AM
Any discussion of West Bengal and “communal politics” must involve the neighboring country of Bangladesh.
- What Japan Is Proposing To End Its Low Birth Rate
March 21 2014 12:29 PM
The average fertility rate for Japanese women amounts to only 1.41, well below the 2.1 replacement rate.
- No Troops To Gulf States To Help Fight Assad: Pakistan's Sharif
March 20 2014 1:20 PM
Leaders from Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia have visited Pakistan recently.
- Khushwant Singh, Famed Indian Novelist And Bon Vivant, Dies At 99
March 20 2014 10:36 AM
Singh was mourned across the length and breadth of India.
- Japan's Far-Right: Nostalgia For Imperial Past, Or Dire Threat To Future?
March 19 2014 1:41 PM
Japan does indeed have numerous, mostly fragmented and splintered, far-right groups.
- The Reasons Pakistan Formed A Commission To Protect Journalists
March 19 2014 11:32 AM
At least 46 journalists have been killed in Pakistan over the past decade.
- Russia President Vladimir Putin’s Address On Crimea Referendum (FULL TEXT)
March 19 2014 9:38 AM
Putin addressed the State Duma in the Kremlin on March 18. In the speech, he accused the U.S. of hypocrisy regarding international law.
- Flight 370: India, Pakistan Say They Know Nothing, Saw Nothing
March 18 2014 11:00 AM
India and Pakistan both say that the missing Malaysian Airlines plane never entered their airspace.
- India 2014 Elections: The Bizarre Mystery Surrounding Narendra Modi's Alleged 'Wife'
March 17 2014 2:00 PM
Narendra Modi apparently has a wife that he abandoned decades ago.
- Narendra Modi, Israel's Best Friend In South Asia
March 17 2014 1:06 PM
Officials from both Gujarat and Israel have visited each other over the past few years to deepen trade and economic links.
- Nokia May Name Indian-Born CEO: Who Is Rajeev Suri?
March 17 2014 11:54 AM
If appointed, Suri would succeed Stephen Elop, who is expected to transfer to Microsoft.
- St. Patrick's Day 2014: The Commercialization And Trivialization Of Irish People And Culture
March 17 2014 9:03 AM
St. Patrick's Day (like many other American holidays, including Christmas) has degenerated into a vulgar, commercial enterprise.
- Why Too Many Indian Muslims Uneducated, Trapped In Poverty
March 15 2014 9:30 AM
Prejudice against Muslims students is partly linked to teachers’ and other students’ fears of terrorism and violence.
- Double Jeopardy: Indian Diplomat Devyani Khobragade Re-Indicted On Visa Fraud Charges
March 14 2014 4:11 PM
The second indictment for the same crime occurred two days after a U.S. District Judge dismissed the first one.
- Should Pakistan Fear A Victory In India By BJP Chief Modi?
March 14 2014 11:23 AM
Peace between India and Pakistan remains elusive; the two countries have already fought four wars since 1947.
- EU, US To Penalize Russia: Report
March 14 2014 10:47 AM
The EU and the US have threatened to impose visa bans on at least 13 prominent Russian politicians and businessmen.
- Why India’s Most Famous Actor Is Calling For Better Relations With Pakistan
March 13 2014 1:40 PM
Puri and Dutta are in Lahore to perform in a play called “Teri Amrita.”
- Who Is Dmytro Firtash? Ukrainian Tycoon Arrested In Vienna
March 13 2014 9:48 AM
The arrest took place without incident, Austria's interior ministry said.