Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Syria ‘Welcomes’ Russia’s Request To Place Chemical Weapons Under International Control
September 09 2013 12:50 PM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has also demanded that Assad hand over his country’s entire stockpile of chemical weapons.
- Can Western Maryland Really Secede From The Rest Of Maryland?
September 09 2013 12:09 PM
The five counties that want to break off account for about 11 percent of Maryland’s population.
- Pakistan’s Attitude Toward Homosexuals: An Epic Ambivalence
September 07 2013 10:35 AM
"Homosexuality is derided in public, but it is accepted, provided it remains a secret."
- Rohingya Muslim Migrants Caught In Limbo Between India And Bangladesh
September 06 2013 2:32 PM
Rohingya migrants are unwanted by Myanmar, Bangladesh and India.
- Taliban Deny Killing Sushmita Banerjee, But Hindus And Sikhs Vanishing From Afghanistan
September 06 2013 11:19 AM
It remains unclear why Sushmita was killed or why she returned to Afghanistan, where the Taliban remain a deadly force.
- Who Was Rochus Misch? Adolf Hitler’s Last Bodyguard Dies
September 06 2013 9:53 AM
Misch could not reconcile the Hitler he knew with the atrocities the Nazi chief ordered.
- No Country For Men: Ukraine Facing Grave Demographic Crisis
September 05 2013 3:07 PM
On the whole there are only 0.85 males per every female in Ukraine.
- Raghuram Rajan Named India’s Bank Boss: Are South Indians Just Smarter Than Everyone Else?
September 05 2013 1:05 PM
Many of the most important people responsible for India’s economic miracle in recent decades all hail from the South
- Teenage Pregnancies Destroying Lives, Futures Of South African Girls
September 05 2013 5:50 AM
Every year in South Africa, 182,000 high school students -- mostly poor and black -- become pregnant.
- How To Help The Economy And Cut Costs: Close Small Jails And Build Huge New Prisons!
September 04 2013 1:35 PM
Debate continues to rage over the economic value of prisons to their local community versus the overall cost of warehousing inmates.
- Jim Reeves (Who?) - Biggest Western Singer In South India And Sri Lanka
September 04 2013 5:59 AM
Jim Reeves has achieved iconic pop culture status in a part of the world he never visited nor probably even thought much about – India and Sri Lanka
- Bucks County, Pennsylvania: A Microcosm Of U.S. Post-War Suburban Sprawl
September 04 2013 5:58 AM
Bucks County, a wealthy suburb of Philadelphia, has seen a dramatic increase in suburban sprawl over the past few decades.
- Shakespeare’s Grammar School Finally Opens Enrollment To Girls
September 03 2013 1:41 PM
Shakespeare is believed to have studied at King Edward VI beginning in 1571 at the age of 7.
- A Tale of Two Crises: Illegal Immigrants In Tanzania And Malaysia
September 03 2013 12:33 PM
The plight of desperate people seeking work in foreign countries has added two more grim chapters.
- In Israel, Some Blacks Are Welcome, Others Are Not
August 30 2013 1:35 PM
As one group of blacks arrive in Israel, another much larger group of Africans face imminent deportation.
- Pakistan To Ban Youth Mobile Phone Deals To Prevent ‘Immoral Behavior’
August 30 2013 10:49 AM
Over the past five years, the number of mobile phone users in Pakistan has dramatically increased.
- Vietnam: A Police State Where One-In-Six Works For Security Forces
August 29 2013 12:55 PM
One-in-six working people in Vietnam are employed in the regime’s massive state security force network
- Pakistan, Already Suffering Doctor Shortage, Losing Physicians To Middle East
August 29 2013 10:08 AM
For Pakistani doctors the financial lure of working in Saudi Arabia and other wealthy Middle Eastern states is simply too tempting to pass up.
- Japan Opens ‘Fasting Camps’ To Wean Kids Off Of Excessive Internet Usage
August 28 2013 2:48 PM
About 8.1 percent of Japan’s students are addicted to the internet.
- 50 Years Later, Britain’s Forgotten Bus Boycott Which Changed Racial Discrimination Laws
August 28 2013 10:37 AM
Due to rampant discrimination and fear of violence, blacks in Bristol concentrated in the deprived St. Paul’s neighborhood,