Articles by Palash Ghosh
- South Thailand Muslim Insurgency Rages, Ignored By World
March 12 2014 10:12 AM
Although Thailand is overwhelmingly Buddhist, Muslims dominate the three southern provinces of Pattani, Yala and Narathiwat.
- Child Marriage Should Be Legal: Pakistani Legal Body
March 11 2014 1:42 PM
Pakistani laws presently mandate that the minimum age for marriage is 18 years for a male and 16 for a female.
- What The Ukraine Crisis May Mean For India's Wheat Farmers
March 11 2014 12:11 PM
Russia's Crimea intervention has grain traders worried that this may disrupt Ukrainian exports - something India's farmers are keeping an eye on.
- For Modi, Some Bangladesh Illegal Immigrants Are Better Than Others
March 11 2014 5:46 AM
Over the past few decades, millions of Bangladeshis have poured into India – to escape war, to escape poverty or to flee religious persecution.
- Indian-Americans' Rise In US Business [INFOGRAPHIC]
March 10 2014 11:52 AM
Indian-Americans have reached an influential position in American medicine, academia, corporations and especially the high-tech sector.
- India 2014 Elections: Narendra Modi's Bromance With Japan's Shinzo Abe
March 10 2014 10:29 AM
If Modi wins, the warm relationship between India and Japan is likely to strengthen even further.
- The Keys To Sri Lanka-Saudi Arabia Migrant Labor Rights Deal
March 07 2014 11:03 AM
An estimated 500,000 Sri Lankans – about three-fifths of whom are women -- work in the kingdom.
- India Agrees To Help Provide Bangladesh With More Electric Power
March 06 2014 5:16 PM
India currently provides her neighbor with 500 MW of electricity.
- Brooklyn Gentrification: Spike Lee Has Right Message But Is Wrong Messenger
March 06 2014 3:04 PM
The filmmaker has a point about his native borough, but who would really want to swap clean, safe neighborhoods for urban grime and crime?
- Why Did Three Persian Gulf States Suddenly Pull Their Envoys Out Of Qatar?
March 06 2014 2:12 PM
Qatar has long annoyed its fellow GCC members, particularly Saudi Arabia.
- Moldova, Ukraine's Neighbor, Also Fears The Kremlin
March 06 2014 12:20 PM
Moldova is one of the smallest economies in Europe which depends heavily on natural gas from Russia
- Bless The Beasts: Indonesian Muslim Clerics Issue Fatwa To Protect Wildlife
March 06 2014 5:59 AM
National Geographic called the fatwa “unprecedented.”
- Laos: Rapid Economic Growth Leaving Rural Poor Behind
March 05 2014 1:35 PM
Laos has consistently delivered 8 percent annual GDP growth over the past decade.
- India’s 2014 Elections: Who Will Muslims Vote For?
March 05 2014 5:36 AM
Muslims account for about 13.7 percent of the nation's population, or roughly 180 million people.
- Ukraine Protests: A Revolution Painted Blue And Yellow
March 04 2014 3:18 PM
There is some mystery about the origins of the nation's color scheme.
- Bikes For Bengalis: Japan’s Honda Operating Motorcycle Plant In Bangladesh
March 04 2014 12:38 PM
The CD-80 model is priced at 11,000 Taka (about $142), which costs less than an imported motorcycle
- Watch Your Tongue: Ukraine's Language Conflict
March 03 2014 1:40 PM
Russian speakers are concentrated in the southern and eastern parts of Ukraine.
- Oleksandr Turchynov: The Baptist Currently Running Ukraine
March 03 2014 11:37 AM
In a country of some 45 million people, only about 135,000 are Baptists.
- Philadelphia: Is The City’s Middle Class Vanishing?
March 01 2014 1:47 PM
As much of the urban environment became impoverished, the outlying suburbs have prospered.
- Blood Red Corridor: Maoist Rebels Kill Seven Policemen In Chhattisgarh, India
February 28 2014 1:49 PM
The massacre occurred in the Shyamgiri hills of the tribal Bastar region, which is a stronghold for Maoist guerrilla activity.