Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Dhananjay Singh, Indian MP And Wife Arrested For Torture Murder Of Domestic Servant
November 06 2013 6:10 PM
Jagriti and Dhananjay frequently beat and abused their help, often over the most trivial matters.
- Murder Uncovers Ugly Racist Attitudes Of Indians Toward Blacks
November 06 2013 2:12 PM
That attack represented the culmination of long tensions between local Indians and a small Nigerian community.
- The End Of 500 Years Of Shipbuilding In Portsmouth
November 06 2013 11:41 AM
Mike Hancock, an independent MP for Portsmouth South, eulogized the sweeping away of a tradition.
- Ruby Dhalla: An Indo-Canadian Doctor Speaks On Politics, Race And Immigration
November 06 2013 6:23 AM
Ruby Dhalla speaks about a number of topics, including Canadian politics, immigration and her future plans
- High-Tech vs. Low-Tech: As India Launches Rocket To Mars, Gandhi’s Spinning Wheel Goes To Auction
November 05 2013 12:56 PM
Some question the priorities of a nation sending a toy into outer space when some 400 million people in the country live in poverty.
- ‘Sweetie’: Computer-Generated Asian Girl Lures Hundreds Of Child Sex Predators Online
November 05 2013 10:53 AM
At any given moment, some 750,000 child sex predators are online around the globe.
- Bangladesh Court Sentences 152 Soldiers To Death For 2009 Massacre
November 05 2013 9:55 AM
Many of the murder victims were dumped in sewers and shallow graves.
- Nepal Election Preview: High Intrigue In The Himalayas
November 04 2013 3:18 PM
An array of political alliances have waged a campaign to obstruct and thwart the poll.
- Scotland’s Push To Increase Seafood Exports To China Raises Environmental Concerns
November 04 2013 10:20 AM
Scotland is the third largest salmon producer in the world, an industry worth about £500 million per year.
- Why Is India Building The World's Tallest Statue (Double The Height Of Lady Liberty) Of A Man Who Died 63 Years Ago?
November 02 2013 1:05 PM
The so-called "Statue Of Unity" will be composed of melted-down metal and farming equipment and stand at 182 meters (597 feet).
- Lou Reed’s Death: Widow Laurie Anderson’s Tribute (FULL-TEXT)
November 01 2013 1:46 PM
Reed died from liver disease on Oct. 27 at his home in Southampton at the age of 71.
- US Drone Strike Kills Pakistan Taliban Boss: Report
November 01 2013 12:48 PM
U.S. drone strikes have long been criticized by Pakistani lawmakers because they have inadvertently killed dozens of innocent civilians.
- Veil Of Democracy? Headscarves In Turkey's Parliament For First Time In Decades
November 01 2013 11:27 AM
The prohibition on veils remains in effect, however, for court officers, judges, prosecutors, police officers and military personnel.
- Men Of Remote Faroes Importing Asian Brides To Up Birth Rate
November 01 2013 8:59 AM
Of a total population of just below 50,000, men outnumber women by some 2,000 on the islands.
- The Bizarre Telephone Conversation Between The Two Most Powerful Women In Bangladesh
November 01 2013 6:29 AM
The two most powerful political figures in Bangladesh, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and Opposition Leader Khaleda Zia, do not like each other much.
- Dhaka Metro: Can A New Rail Project Ease Bangladesh’s Traffic Nightmares?
October 31 2013 11:45 AM
Dhaka, a city of some 15 million people, only has about 436 kilometers of four-lane roads and 1,408 kilometers of two-lane roads.
- Arabs In The Andes? Chile, The Unlikely Long-Term Home Of A Large Palestinian Community
October 31 2013 10:11 AM
On the whole, some 800,000 Arabs live in Chile, representing about 5 percent of the total population.
- Halloween 2013: Why Do 'Christians' Celebrate A Pagan Festival?
October 31 2013 9:07 AM
Halloween would appear to be almost completely incompatible with the tenets of Christianity.
- Pakistan’s Geo-TV: A Pro-Indian Propaganda Machine?
October 31 2013 8:42 AM
Pakistan's Geo-TV has earned the wrath of many conservatives over what they view as corrupt content and pro-Indian propaganda.
- Is There A Doctor In The House? Wave Of Kidnappings Targeting Pakistan’s Physicians
October 30 2013 2:03 PM
Some doctors may take the law into their own hands, or otherwise quit.