- Why Are So Many Vietnamese People Named Nguyen?
February 18 2014 12:31 PM
Nguyen is the most common surname in Vietnam -- an estimated 40 percent of people in the country (and the Vietnamese diaspora) carry that name.
- Why Bangladesh's Migrant Cash Remittances Keep Declining
February 18 2014 10:57 AM
The central bank projected that remittances will fall 4 percent for the whole fiscal year.
- Pakistan's Hindus Outraged By Forced Conversions Of Girls To Islam
February 17 2014 1:54 PM
The problems faced by Pakistan's minorities are "multiplying instead of decreasing".
- Indian Journalist Charged With Rape - Is Tarun Tejpal Victim Of A Conspiracy?
February 17 2014 10:51 AM
Tejpal, 50, is an “influential journalist” with a “reputation for taking on the powerful.”
- Kenya Seeks To Stem HIV By Massive Condom Distribution
February 15 2014 10:52 AM
About 9.1 percent of married couples have HIV/AIDS, well above the national rate of 5.6 percent.
- The Last (Porno) Picture Show: Militants Attack Cinemas In Peshawar, Pakistan, Killing Dozens
February 14 2014 12:41 PM
The Pakistani Taliban denied involvement in the bomb attacks and even condemned them.
- In Malaysia, On Valentine's Day, It's Conservative Muslim Malays vs. Chinese
February 14 2014 11:02 AM
The opposition to the holiday is so intense that three years ago, police arrested almost 100 Muslims on Valentine’s Day.
- Valentine's Day 2014: Schools In Kyrgyzstan City Ban Love-Themed Holiday
February 13 2014 3:16 PM
A number of other Muslim or Muslim-dominated nations, including Iran, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia and Indonesia, have already banned the holiday.
- Was Killing Of Student Nido Tania In Delhi A Hate Crime?
February 13 2014 10:27 AM
Protesters want the government and broader public to become more aware of the discrimination that northeasterners face.
- The Pakistan Taliban's Latest Chilling Threat
February 12 2014 12:09 PM
Aziz boasted that TTP is better prepared to fight than the state and is ready for a long war.
- Aliyah: Tribe Of 'Lost Jews' In India Seeks To Migrate To Israel
February 12 2014 8:43 AM
Bnei Menashe think they are descended from the Menasseh tribe, who departed Israel in the eighth century B.C. after the Assyrians invaded.
- Why Are Canines So Hated In Islamic World And South Asia?
February 12 2014 5:44 AM
In Afghanistan, Pakistan – as well as across Hindu-dominated India – dogs are widely disliked and even considered “unclean” and “impure” animals.
- US Drops Boycott Of Controversial Modi - Likely Next India Leader
February 11 2014 2:09 PM
Modi is currently campaigning across India, emboldened by polls that suggest he and the BJP will beat Congress.
- Algerian Military Plane Crashes, Killing More Than 100 People
February 11 2014 11:21 AM
Algeria has not witnessed a major plane crash in more than 10 years.
- McDonald’s Enters Vietnam … After Many Rivals
February 10 2014 12:56 PM
With a population of about 90 million and a growing middle class, Vietnam is an untapped market for the fast-food behemoth.
- Camden, New Jersey: Can Casinos Help Save America's Poorest City?
February 10 2014 10:15 AM
Gambling is legal only in Atlantic City, but there has been talk of expanding the industry elsewhere in the Garden State.
- Why Is Cricket Changing Its Revenue Model?
February 07 2014 3:07 PM
India wants a greater share of revenues since it generates an estimated 80% of global cricket income.
- Desperate French Potheads Turn To Hydrangea
February 07 2014 10:12 AM
French gendarmes claim that a “gang” of thieves have committed a series of garden robberies.
- Pakistan’s Bhoja Air Crash Blamed On Poor Crew Training
February 07 2014 5:05 AM
Bhoja’s operations were suspended by the government shortly after the crash.
- Why Is NBA Legend Muggsy Bogues In India?
February 07 2014 5:01 AM
Bogues is seeking to inspire other youths who face long and perhaps insurmountable odds of ever reaching the NBA -- kids in India.