Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Hell Hath No Fury: France’s Former First Lady In India
January 27 2014 1:13 PM
By cuddling and kissing babies in the hospital, Trierweiler made her first public appearance in several weeks since the sex scandal erupted in Paris.
- Nebraska Has Highest Rate of Black Homicide Victims
January 27 2014 9:52 AM
Nebraska has nation's highest rate of black homicide victimization, according VPC.
- France’s Jilted ‘First Lady’ Valerie Trierweiler To Visit India
January 24 2014 3:41 PM
Since her release from the hospital, Trierweiler has refused to discuss the scandal with French media.
- The False Prophet: Elderly British National Convicted Of Blasphemy In Pakistan
January 24 2014 2:09 PM
The blasphemy laws in Pakistan are believed to be the strictest in the Muslim world.
- A Call To Legalize Handguns In Britain
January 24 2014 12:38 PM
The 1997 gun ban, introduced under the government of Conservative Prime Minister John Major was extended and expanded by his Labour successor, Tony Blair
- Hindu Hammer And Sickle: Tripura, Last Bastion Of Communism In India
January 24 2014 11:19 AM
The Communists have controlled Tripura since 1993, making it the last bastion for Marxism in India.
- The Economics Of Baseball In The Dominican Republic
January 24 2014 6:15 AM
For young Dominicans who make it, the money they can earn in the big leagues dwarf their wildest dreams of fame and fortune.
- The Beleaguered Hazara: Pawns In Pakistan's Deadly Game
January 23 2014 3:52 PM
The Hazara ethnic group live in Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan, and are generally distinguishable by their "Mongolian" features.
- Class War At A New York City Supermarket: A Tale Of Two Cities On East 86th St.
January 23 2014 10:55 AM
More than one-fifth (21.2 percent) of city residents lived below the poverty line as of 2012.
- Oldfellas: Feds Arrest Aging NY Mobster Linked To Famed 1978 Lufthansa Robbery
January 23 2014 10:24 AM
The JFK robbery, which netted $5 million in U.S. currency and $1 million in jewels, was reportedly the largest theft in U.S. history up until that time.
- A Sri Lankan Soprano Shatters Stereotypes About South Asians
January 23 2014 6:21 AM
How did a young woman from Sri Lanka ever come to conquer the formidable Western art form of opera?
- These Are The Unhappiest, Happiest Workers In Asia
January 22 2014 2:12 PM
Almost two-thirds (64 percent) of Singaporean workers plan to quit their jobs over the next 12 months.
- Would Putin's Russia Fall If Oil Drops To $60?
January 22 2014 12:45 PM
Brent crude is currently trading at $107 per barrel and has traded in a $100-$114 range since last April.
- Old Boys' Club: Why Are British Conservative Women MPs Quitting?
January 22 2014 10:50 AM
Only 16 percent of Conservative MPs are women, versus a figure of 31 percent for Labour.
- Is Pakistan's Energy Solution The Sun?
January 21 2014 2:16 PM
Pakistan is far behind India and Bangladesh in solar power development.
- India's Handguns For Women: Self-Defense Or Exploitation?
January 21 2014 10:07 AM
The gun launch – as well as naming the weapon after the rape victim – has elicited both approval and outrage from across the nation.
- Nigeria Sets Up Government Mortgage Firm To Help Solve Massive Housing Shortage
January 18 2014 9:21 AM
With a rapidly growing population, Nigeria faces a huge housing shortage.
- Suchitra Sen Dies: Bangladesh Also Mourns Loss Of Iconic Daughter, Cinematic Legend
January 18 2014 9:07 AM
Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina expressed her condolences over Sen’s death.
- Sunanda Pushkar, Wife Of Allegedly Adulterous Indian Government Minister, Found Dead In Luxury Hotel
January 17 2014 1:08 PM
Pushkar, 52, who was married to Tharoor for a little more than three years, was found in the luxurious Leela Palace.
- Suchitra Sen, India’s ‘Greta Garbo,’ Dies At 82
January 17 2014 11:23 AM
Sen was known as the Bengali “queen of hearts” for her intense performances and exquisite beauty.