Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Malala Yousafzai: Is Pakistani Girl A 'Western Puppet' And ‘Global Brand’?
October 15 2013 10:23 AM
Malala has responded to such criticisms by asserting that she is neither a “Western puppet” nor ashamed to be Pakistani.
- Cut My Hair: Is Newly Shorn Ted Nugent Running For President?
October 14 2013 3:35 PM
Nugent, 64, is a ferocious opponent of President Barack Obama.
- How Foreign Media Sees The Latest Washington Crisis
October 14 2013 2:17 PM
The political deadlock in Washington has now entered its third week. Haven't we said this before?
- Bill de Blasio Is Just ‘Obama 2.0’
October 14 2013 1:16 PM
De Blasio is as under-qualified to lead the nation's largest city as Obama was to take over the reins of the world's greatest super-power.
- Why Do Deadly Stampedes Occur During Indian Religious Festivals?
October 14 2013 12:23 PM
Such tragedies occur frequently in India, particularly at religious festivals.
- Malaysian Court Bans Catholic Newspaper From Using Word ‘Allah’ To Describe God
October 14 2013 10:48 AM
Malaysian Christians have used the word "Allah" to describe God for centuries.
- Brazil Apologizes To Japanese For World War II Abuses
October 13 2013 10:27 AM
In 1942, after Brazil -- as an ally -- declared war on Imperial Japan, thousands of Japanese residents in the country were either arrested or deported.
- UK Asking Gay Asylum-Seekers To 'Prove' Sexual Orientation
October 11 2013 11:36 AM
British gay rights activists have condemned the UK Border Patrol's testing system as “distressing.”
- The Unrepentant Nazi: German War Criminal Erich Priebke Dies In Italy
October 11 2013 10:11 AM
Priebke was sentenced to life imprisonment in 1998, but spent the last 15 years under house arrest in Rome.
- Only 5% Of Pakistanis Own Two-Thirds Of Country’s Farmland
October 11 2013 6:27 AM
More than 77 million people in Pakistan do not have enough food, due to the government’s archaic and unjust agricultural policies.
- A Costly Kiss: Indian Court Upholds Prison Term For Young Man Who Planted Unwanted Smooch On Woman
October 10 2013 5:45 PM
Under the Indian Penal Code, “outraging the modesty of a woman” is considered a rather serious crime.
- Rats! Bubonic Plague In The Modern World: Outbreak Feared In Madagascar
October 10 2013 1:16 PM
Madagascar records an average of 500 cases of The “Black Death” annually.
- Good Luck: Loser In Azeri Election Claims Fraud, Wants Results Annulled
October 10 2013 11:30 AM
The official tally indicated that Aliyev won 85 percent of the vote (giving him a third straight term in office) to Hasanli’s paltry 5 percent.
- Malala Yousafzai And Jon Stewart: A Culture Clash Of Epic Magnitude
October 10 2013 10:43 AM
What people like Stewart do not understand is that Malala largely rejects the type of lifestyle and attitudes he embodies.
- Azerbaijani President, One Of Israel’s Best Friends And Arms Customers, 'Re-Elected'
October 09 2013 2:30 PM
Aliyev was so confident of victory that he had not even bothered to campaign.
- Why Was Mike Ditka Visiting An Oil Company In North Dakota?
October 09 2013 8:30 AM
North Dakota, a state with about 700,000 people (about one-fourth of the population of Chicago), is in the middle of a huge energy boom.
- Can Immigrants Save America's Decaying Rust Belt Cities?
October 09 2013 6:25 AM
Detroit has become the poster child for post-war American urban decay.
- Japan Court Rules Against Hate Speech, But Extreme Right Groups Sprout
October 08 2013 3:39 PM
Hate speech, strictly speaking, is not illegal in Japan.
- To Prevent Accidents, Venice’s Gondolas To Install GPS Tracking Devices
October 08 2013 11:12 AM
The city has already installed 40 CCTV cameras along the Grand Canal to observe and identify gondolieri who violate the rules of the water.
- Widows Allowed To Perform Religious Rituals At Southern India Hindu Temple
October 07 2013 1:30 PM
Widows have long suffered immense hardship in India – a society where women, at least up until now, were defined completely by the men in her life.