Articles by Palash Ghosh
- French Jews Flee Anti-Semitism, Muslim Extremism
November 26 2013 11:04 AM
A European Union report indicated many European Jews try to hide their identity.
- Bangladesh Election Set, But Opposition Demands Postponement
November 25 2013 6:11 PM
Opposition leaders are demanding PM Sheikh Hasina resign and form an impartial caretaker government to oversee the election.
- Norskrasisme: Tweets By Somali Student Triggers Discussions About Racism In Norway
November 25 2013 1:41 PM
Norway’s immigrant population has jumped to about 547,000 (11 percent of the total) from about 186,000 (4.3 percent) in 1995.
- Slovakia’s Neo-Nazi Governor - Only Latest of E. Europe Right-Wing Extremists
November 25 2013 10:35 AM
Kotleba's organization has long agitated against Slovakia’s Roma (Gypsy) minority, branding them as “parasites."
- John F. Kennedy Welcomed India’s Jawaharlal Nehru To U.S. In November 1961
November 22 2013 2:44 PM
John F. Kennedy welcomes Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru at Andrews Air Force Base, for an official state visit
- How A Young Irish Group From Liverpool Helped Saved The World From Sorrow
November 22 2013 1:23 PM
On the day JFK died, The Beatles released their second album.
- JFK, Jackie, Nehru, Indira, Chinese Nuclear Strike, Goa And Saris
November 22 2013 11:53 AM
Kennedy had a number of important dealings with India at a particularly critical juncture in the South Asian nation’s history.
- No Gypsies Please: Sweden Sues Statoil For Discriminating Against Roma
November 22 2013 7:04 AM
About 120,000 Roma live in Sweden.
- Balochistan, Pakistan: Where Children Work, And Do Not Attend School
November 21 2013 11:32 AM
More than 2.3 million Baloch children, out of a total of 3.6 million school-age youths in the province, do not go to school.
- What Italians Want Most - Employment
November 21 2013 6:24 AM
Italy’s unemployment rate reached 12.5 percent in September as the nation remains mired in the longest recession since WWII.
- No Direction Home: Afghan Refugees Face Bleak Future In Iran
November 20 2013 11:37 AM
Officials allege that some two-thirds of the Afghans in Iran are illegal immigrants.
- Google Ad Evoking Partition Separation A Big Hit In India, Pakistan
November 19 2013 2:03 PM
A new ad promoting Google Search evokes one of the bloodiest and most devastating episodes of South Asian history.
- Despite Tragedy, Island Resort Increasingly Popular With Travelers From China
November 19 2013 11:11 AM
Chinese are now second only to Australians in the number of visitors to Bali.
- Le Beau Monde: Paris Restaurants Prefer The ‘Beautiful People’
November 18 2013 11:25 AM
Prejudice and discrimination against the "ugly" can never be legislated out of existence.
- Indonesia Outraged Over Claims Australian Intelligence Agency Spied On President
November 18 2013 10:55 AM
Australia and Indonesia have deep trade and defense relationships.
- A Watery Grave: Why Do So Many People Die By Drowning In India?
November 18 2013 9:11 AM
Some 90,000 people in South Asia die by drowning annually.
- Karachi Yahudi: Pakistan’s Vanishing (Or Vanished) Jewish Community
November 16 2013 10:17 AM
Jews once played a significant role in the affairs of Pakistan’s teeming economic capital, Karachi.
- Kim, Park And Lee: Why Do Koreans Have So Few Surnames?
November 15 2013 10:47 AM
Only three surnames, Kim, Lee and Park, account for the appellations of nearly one-half of all Koreans.
- French Priest Abducted In Cameroon, The Heart Of African Catholicism
November 14 2013 12:50 PM
French nationals have been targeted before in the region by Boko Haram.
- Landmark Legal Case In Singapore: Convicted Drug Trafficker’s Death Sentence Commuted To Life
November 14 2013 10:28 AM
Yong was the first convicted drug trafficker to have his death sentence lifted under the new legal climate of Singapore.