- Pakistani Woman Climbs Mountains, Shatters Barriers
December 23 2013 5:55 PM
Samina Khayyal Baig has challenged the image of the Pakistani woman as low-profile and submissive to men.
- Dog Bites Man: One-Half Of Pakistani MPs Pay No Taxes
December 23 2013 1:23 PM
The revelations could potentially endanger the disbursement of billions of dollars in foreign aid.
- Satyagraha: What Illegal Mining Has Wrought In India
December 23 2013 10:57 AM
Illegal mining is rampant across the breadth and width of India.
- Memories Of A Far-Right Extremist: The Transformation Of Joseph Pearce
December 21 2013 10:47 AM
The author and college professor was once a member of the National Front, Britain's most notorious far-right political group.
- Smethwick: English Town That Tried To Stop Non-Whites From Buying Homes
December 20 2013 10:41 AM
The immigrants were attracted to plentiful jobs in the factories and foundries in Smethwick.
- Devyani Khobragade: The Person Caught Between US Laws And India’s Outrage
December 19 2013 2:17 PM
Who exactly is this person who has generated so much media ink?
- Class (And Caste) War Brewing In Bihar, India’s Poorest, Most Dangerous State
December 19 2013 12:29 PM
Bihar may be ‘ground zero’ for the ancient battle in India between powerful gentry and impoverished rural laborers.
- My View On 'Romance Novels': An Addendum, Explanation, Defense And Apology
December 18 2013 10:24 PM
Perhaps I failed to express my views completely and accurately.
- EU Seeks To Ban Cloned Livestock, But Not Meat, Milk From Their Offspring
December 18 2013 1:53 PM
The Commission further noted that the process of cloning is still far too expensive to make it economically viable for food production.
- Talk Is Not Cheap: Why Do Ex-Politicians Earn Huge Money From Speeches?
December 18 2013 8:55 AM
Ex-politicians who earn money from speeches are not violating any laws – although questions of ethics and integrity may abound.
- Damsels In Distress: Why Do So Many Contemporary Women Read Old-Fashioned Romance Novels?
December 17 2013 3:48 PM
In 2012, more than 9,000 romance titles were released, with $1.44 billion in sales, making it the biggest portion of the U.S. consumer market.
- UK’s Tesco Applies To Enter Indian Market; What About Other Retailers?
December 17 2013 12:05 PM
Tesco, which is to close its unprofitable stores in Japan and the United States, seems to think India offers huge potential.
- Vancouver’s Housing Prices: Are Chinese To Blame?
December 17 2013 5:04 AM
In the last 8 years, most of the 37,000 “investor-class migrants” who settled in British Columbia originated in mainland China.
- Delhi Gang-Rape: One Year Later, What Has Really Changed In India?
December 16 2013 12:30 PM
Women in India still feel unsafe and vulnerable in public and are dissatisfied with the legislative progress in bringing rapists to justice.
- Peter O'Toole Dies: An Unforgettable But Inaccurate Version Of Lawrence Of Arabia
December 15 2013 8:19 PM
Peter O'Toole will undoubtedly be forever remembered for portraying “Lawrence of Arabia.”
- France, A Country Without Hope And No Future: MP
December 14 2013 12:56 PM
The rural French are particularly angry with the Paris government.
- Her Majesty's Kingdom - Startup Magnet
December 13 2013 1:31 PM
Despite many structural hurdles and economic headwinds, Britain is in the midst of an entrepreneurial renaissance.
- In Britain, Birds Defeat Humans, Sort Of
December 13 2013 11:30 AM
The confiscation of the Hicks’ farm raises some complex legal questions as well as questions about the jurisdiction of the EU.
- Nigella Lawson, Charles Saatchi And David Cameron: A Fascinating British Soap Opera
December 13 2013 9:57 AM
Whether Nigella is telling the truth or not does not matter – she will forever be known as a druggie celebrity.
- Samieh Baluchzehi: Iran's First Female Ethnic Minority Mayor
December 13 2013 6:23 AM
Her election has been called an “unprecedented event” in one of the “most underprivileged and conservative provinces” of Iran.