One Year After Bangladesh Factory Collapse, Many Survivors Jobless, Wounded, Awaiting Full CompensationThe majority of survivors remain unemployed or unfit to work, while financial aid from the government has been slow in coming.
- Yadav’s critics and opponents across the political spectrum condemned his remarks.
- The tiny northeastern Indian state of Tripura has been dominated by Communists for more than 60 years.
- The 52-page document spells out, mostly in ambiguous and intentionally vanilla terms, the party’s vision for its rule in India.
- The BJP vowed that if it gained power in New Delhi, it would take serious steps to stop the influx of illegal immigrants from Bangladesh.
- India has a staggering number of MPs and political candidates facing serious criminal charges.
- Voting will occur at 930,000 polling stations across India from April 7 to May 12.
- Indian state leader Mamata Banerjee has long exhibited a history of independent thinking and behavior.
- India, the world's largest democracy, has very few women in positions of political power.
- At least 50 executives who held the rank of associate vice-president or higher have left the firm since last summer.
- Biman is reputedly plagued with many problems, including poor customer service, delayed flights and schedule disruptions.
- Rahul Gandhi has declared that Congress will confound polls and return to power for a third straight term.
- Arvind Kejriwal of the Aam Aadmi Party said he will contest a parliamentary seat in Varanasi against Narendra Modi.
- Asian Americans are heavily overrepresented in New York City's top public high schools.