Articles by Palash Ghosh
- Obama And The Banana: Offensive Twitter Image Underscores Virulent Racism In Russia
September 17 2013 12:21 PM
Racism against blacks and Africans is deep-rooted and widespread in Russia.
- Beauty Pageant In Indonesia Triggers Fears Of Islamic Terror Attacks
September 17 2013 10:43 AM
Hard-line Muslims in Indonesia have threatened to disrupt the Miss World beauty pageant being staged on the island of Bali.
- How Alabama Icons Coach Bryant And George Wallace Co-Existed In The Turbulent 1960s
September 17 2013 5:53 AM
Bear Bryant's emergence as a famous college football coach coincided with the rise of another Alabama icon, Gov. George Wallace.
- A Deadly Preference: The Killing Of Baby Girls In India And Pakistan
September 16 2013 1:52 PM
Across South Asia, untold numbers of infant girls have been murdered by their own families throughout the centuries.
- Nina Davuluri - Miss America Crown Triggers Ugliness In US And India
September 16 2013 11:08 AM
Davuluri shrugged off waves of bigoted comments made on social media.
- Pakistan’s ‘Dirty War’ In Its Poorest, But Resource-Rich Province
September 14 2013 7:19 PM
Baloch militancy remains an intractable problem for Pakistan’s government and a continuing threat to hopes for economic prosperity in the region.
- What If Bill De Blasio Were Black And His Wife Were White?
September 14 2013 2:29 PM
De Blasio not only grabbed 40% of the NYC mayoral primary vote - he even snared more black voters than the lone African-American candidate.
- Delhi Gang-Rapists Sentenced To Death: India’s Conflicting Attitudes Towards Capital Punishment
September 13 2013 11:03 AM
In March of this year, the government imposed harsh new laws, including the death penalty, for the most serious cases of rape.
- At Europe’s Door: Black African Migrants Trapped In Hellish Limbo in Morocco
September 12 2013 1:03 PM
Black people in Morocco have even been the victims of violence perpetrated not only by Moroccan police and security officers, but by ordinary citizens as well.
- Dubai Abbey: Want A Secure, High-Paying Job?
September 12 2013 10:37 AM
"The new rich -- and the rest of the world -- are fascinated by the protocol that comes with these specific British traditions."
- If I Were Mayor Of New York City...
September 11 2013 2:21 PM
Not one of the mayoral candidates has addressed any of the issues that interest me.
- 65 Years After His Death, What Is Mohammed Ali Jinnah’s Legacy In Pakistan?
September 11 2013 1:00 PM
Mohammed Ali Jinnah, who died 65 years ago Wednesday, was one of the giant figures of the 20th century.
- Why Did UK’s Margaret Thatcher Support Chilean Dictator Augusto Pinochet?
September 11 2013 10:27 AM
As a devout anti-Communist, Pinochet enjoyed the support and friendship of a number of western leaders.
- Kurdish Girls ‘Sold’ To Egypt By Iraq's Hussein After Anfal Genocide Campaign Found
September 10 2013 2:57 PM
The girls had seen sold by Iraqi intelligence and security officials to the Egyptians to work as prostitutes, sex slaves or as dancers in nightclubs.
- Reshma Saujani: Daughter Of Indians Expelled From Idi Amin’s Uganda
September 10 2013 1:48 PM
The order by Amin in 1972 created a diplomatic crisis involving Uganda, India and Britain.
- Does Syria Have The Capability Of Making More Chemical Weapons?
September 10 2013 11:55 AM
Western nations have reacted with extreme caution to the Russian-Syrian proposal, even if Assad seems sincere.
- When Irish Nationalist Eamon De Valera Paid His Respects To Adolf Hitler
September 10 2013 6:00 AM
Irish Prime Minister Eamon de Valera was widely criticized for visitng the German embassy in Dublin to sign a book of condolences for Hitler.
- Why Are So Many Babies Dying In A Kolkata Hospital?
September 10 2013 5:57 AM
More than 400,000 newborns in India die within the first 24 hours of their birth each year.
- Bucharest, Romania May Kill Stray Dogs After Small Boy's Mauling Death
September 09 2013 2:39 PM
In Bucharest, 1,100 people have been bitten by stray dogs in just the first four months of the year.
- Syria ‘Welcomes’ Russia’s Request To Place Chemical Weapons Under International Control
September 09 2013 12:50 PM
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry has also demanded that Assad hand over his country’s entire stockpile of chemical weapons.