- The Companies Behind David Koch’s Americans For Prosperity
September 24 2013 4:03 PM
A number of corporations provided seed money to the conservative Americans for Prosperity, a secret IRS form published Tuesday reveals.
- UPDATED: US Rep. Cummings Calls On AIG's Benmosche To Resign After 'Lynching' Remark
September 24 2013 10:21 AM
The insurance giant's CEO says outrage at Wall Street bonuses is "just as wrong" as lynching blacks.
- The Next Citizens United? Why Campaign Finance Advocates Are Worried
September 24 2013 5:47 AM
A case before the U.S. Supreme Court next month has the potential to upend campaign finance law as we know it.
- Ted Cruz Helped Allies Raise Money By Hurting Fellow Republicans
September 20 2013 4:12 PM
The U.S. senator from Texas aided allies in raising money via campaign to defund Obamacare, but threw fellow Republicans under the bus to do it.
- Republican National Committee Raised $6.8 Million In August
September 20 2013 11:25 AM
As summer comes to a close, August fundraising numbers are beginning to trickle in from Democrats and Republicans.
- US Rep. Schiff Introduces Bill To Reform Secret Court
September 20 2013 10:10 AM
Once again, the U.S. Congress turns to the task of reforming the surveillance state.
- Debt Hawks Warn Against Attaching Obamacare To US Budget Fights
September 19 2013 11:46 AM
The Campaign to Fix the Debt wants D.C. to use the budget talks for tax/entitlement reform and to cut spending, not fight over Obamacare.
- Obama Calls On CEOs To Push Back Against GOP’s Debt Ceiling Brinkmanship
September 18 2013 4:16 PM
On Wednesday, President Obama asked executives at the Business Roundtable to defeat Republicans' debt ceiling strategy.
- Don’t Believe In God? There’s A Super PAC For That
September 18 2013 10:59 AM
A new super PAC wants to "change the face of American politics" by electing non-believers to public office.
- The Secret FISA Court Doesn't Want To Take Your Case
September 18 2013 5:52 AM
A FISA court ruling last week was a victory for transparency advocates - but the opinion could spell trouble for ordinary Americans in future cases.
- Why The 2012 Election Cost More Than You Think
September 17 2013 1:27 PM
While more than $6 billion was spent on 2012 federal elections, researchers are only beginning to uncover the money spent at the state level.
- President Obama: ‘I Will Not Negotiate’ On The Debt Ceiling
September 16 2013 1:48 PM
Calling for a renewed focus on the economic recovery, President Obama launched a new assault on Republicans Monday.
- McConnell Challenger Matt Bevin: I'm Not Romney, But Wall Street Is Good
September 16 2013 11:13 AM
The tea party-related Kentucky businessman challenging Sen. Mitch McConnell says anger at finance is misplaced.
- How Democrats’ Tracking Ops’ Changed Elections - And How GOP Plans To Catch Up
September 13 2013 8:51 PM
Democrats deployed an army of campaign trackers to capture everything GOP candidates did on camera in 2012. Now Republicans are playing catch-up.
- FISA Court Orders Release Of More Secret Opinions
September 13 2013 5:19 PM
The secret court overseeing U.S. spying programs ordered the White House on Friday to release more classified opinions.
- McConnell Challenger: Democrats Are Bluffing On Government Shutdown
September 13 2013 12:44 PM
Democrats will cave during a shutdown showdown over Obamacare, says the Kentucky tea partier who wants to take down the top Senate Republican.
- Koch Brothers Try To Prove They Are Transparent By Revealing More Secrecy
September 12 2013 9:05 PM
A previously little-known group with ties to the billionare Koch brothers gave $236 million to conservative groups in 2012.
- Democratic Super PACs Are Top Spenders in 2013
September 12 2013 12:19 PM
The 2014 midterm elections haven't even begun in earnest yet, but Democratic super PACs have already spent millions.
- NSA Can't Say Why It Shared Info From Phone Data With CIA, FBI
September 11 2013 12:26 PM
The NSA violated court orders to share Americans' information with other agencies -- and the reason remains classified.
- Obama Calls For Military Strike In Syria If Diplomatic Solutions Fail
September 10 2013 9:32 PM
President Obama took his case for a strike against Syria to the American people Tuesday night, but left the door open to a diplomatic solution.