- Obama To Give Address As Washington Debates Intervention In Syria
September 10 2013 8:58 PM
With both military and diplomatic solutions on the table, President Obama will address the nation at 9 p.m. ET on intervention in Syria.
- Hillary Clinton Dodges Tough Issues In Philadelphia Speech
September 10 2013 8:26 PM
If Clinton decides to run for president, she will have to address the hard issues like Syria that she merely alluded to Tuesday night.
- NSA Violated Bulk Phone Data Program For Years
September 10 2013 6:09 PM
On a daily basis from 2006 to 2009, the NSA violated the court-approved rules governing the bulk collection of Americans' phone records.
- Will The Syria Vote Be The Republican Party's Iraq?
September 09 2013 5:01 PM
Intra-party struggles between the interventionists and isolationists in the GOP make the Syria question particularly tough for Republicans.
- Has President Obama Painted Himself Into A Corner On Syria?
September 09 2013 12:09 PM
Obama has argued so forcefully for military action in Syria that he may feel politically compelled to act even without Congress' approval.
- How A Free Government Program Could Cost Taxpayers $500 Million
September 05 2013 8:03 PM
A flood of litigation has turned a cost-free government program into a costly government liability.
- US Government To Release Secret Court Opinion Behind Bulk Phone Spying
September 05 2013 12:15 PM
A privacy rights group has won the release of secret court documents about the NSA's phone metadata collection.
- The Shady Super PAC Going After Cory Booker
September 05 2013 11:51 AM
A new group attacking New Jersey Senate candidate Cory Booker is entangled in the dark money world of the Koch brothers.
- Senate Committee OKs Syria Strike Authority; Obama Wants 'Trigger'
September 04 2013 2:50 PM
If Assad's regime uses chemical weapons after a U.S. strike, Obama wants a “trigger” option to retaliate without going back to Congress.
- Democrats See New Avenue To Attack Republicans: US Government Shutdown
September 04 2013 5:55 AM
As the GOP talks about a US government shutdown over Obamacare, Democrats see an opportunity to attack 2014 Senate candidates.
- Kerry Vows Syria Will Be No Iraq; Senate Panel Drafts Resolution
September 03 2013 6:56 PM
After Kerry makes a case for attacking Syria, the Foreign Relations Committee reportedly drafts a resolution barring U.S. ground troops.
- Boehner Backs Obama On Syria, But Is It Enough?
September 03 2013 1:14 PM
It's still unclear if the House Speaker can rally enough Republicans behind President Obama's Syria strike for it to pass the House.
- Donations Pour In For Wendy Davis After Abortion Filibuster
August 30 2013 5:38 PM
Democrats face long odds in Texas, but when it comes to fundraising, state Sen. Wendy Davis is proving she's a force to be reckoned with.
- Is Obama’s Latest Transparency Move A Trick?
August 30 2013 2:53 PM
The U.S. will release annual statistics about surveillance activities. But some think the stats will actually obscure the scope of operations.
- Satellites, Drones, Cell Phone Tracking Used In Osama Bin Laden Raid
August 29 2013 4:41 PM
Intelligence documents leaked by Edward Snowden reveal new facts about the raid that killed the head of al Qaeda.
- Even House Tea Partiers See The Limits Of Their All-Or-Nothing Strategy
August 29 2013 2:02 PM
A schism between GOP lawmakers and a conservative activist group signals some Republicans' discomfort with their no-compromise strategy.
- Surprising No One, IRS Investigation Degenerates Into Partisan Bickering
August 29 2013 10:49 AM
As the IRS investigation in Congress drags on behind the scenes, the two sides each accuse the other of misrepresenting the facts.
- Progressives Take Wait-And-See Strategy With Clinton
August 28 2013 3:02 PM
In 2008, progressives were in the anti-Hillary Clinton camp. But for 2016, they're willing to give her a second chance.
- Donald Trump For Democrats? If It Suits His Interests
August 28 2013 6:02 AM
The Republican tycoon has a history of donating to Democrats, if he thinks they can help him do business.
- Is The NSA Really Under Effective Congressional Oversight?
August 26 2013 12:17 PM
The administration shared information about a serious privacy violation. But it's unclear how many lawmakers learned about it.