Articles by Pema Levy
- Donald Trump: Suit Against Me Is An Obama Vendetta
August 26 2013 11:44 AM
The tycoon is taking to Twitter to defend himself against a fraud case brought by New York state's attorney general.
- How A Tri-State Water War Is Killing The Last Great Bay
August 23 2013 10:18 PM
The renowned oysters of Apalachicola Bay are dying fast and taking the community that depends on them down with it.
- NSA Paid Facebook, Google And Others Millions For PRISM Costs
August 23 2013 4:41 PM
Evidence surfaces of a financial relationship between the National Security Agency and the tech giants that agreed to work with it.
- Member Of NSA Review Panel Opposes Phone Records Program
August 23 2013 11:34 AM
President Obama's NSA review panel picks have disappointed privacy advocates. But one member thinks bulk phone data collection is illegal.
- How US Gun Trafficking Works: A Convicted Murderer Explains
August 22 2013 2:37 PM
The convict explains how he got his guns and what Washington can do to prevent others like him from flooding the U.S. with illegal arms.
- Footnote Reveals NSA Abused Phone Records Database For Years
August 22 2013 11:08 AM
The NSA misused the database of Americans' phone call records for years, a footnote in a secret court opinion released Wednesday says.
- NSA Collected Thousands Of Americans' Emails, Secret Court Opinion Shows
August 21 2013 4:39 PM
The court said the government engaged in unconstitutional surveillance.
- State-Level Republicans Abandon GOP Over Internal Divisions
August 21 2013 1:51 PM
Too liberal or too conservative? In Maine and Iowa, Republicans leave the GOP, but for very different reasons, as the party wrestles with its identity.
- Democrats Produce More Evidence Against IRS Scandal
August 20 2013 3:12 PM
House Democrats say new documents showing the IRS targeted progressive groups should put the scandal to bed once and for all.
- UK Government Gone To ‘Terrifying Place’ In Reaction To Snowden: Privacy Advocates
August 20 2013 11:15 AM
The British government has taken frightening steps to stop press coverage of Edward Snowden's leaks. But is the U.S. complicit?
- US Senators: NSA Violations We Know Are Just The Tip Of The Iceberg
August 19 2013 11:53 AM
The NSA broke its privacy rules thousands of times per year. But two U.S. senators say that's not the half of it.
- Why US Oversight Of The National Security Agency Falls Short
August 16 2013 10:31 AM
For the first time, those in charge of supervising the National Security Agency admit there's only so much they can do.
- NSA Broke Privacy Rules Thousands Of Times, Audit Finds
August 15 2013 10:41 PM
The violations detailed in the NSA audit from Edward Snowden include the unauthorized collection and retention of electronic communications.
- Rand Paul Vs Hillary Clinton On Electoral Racial Discrimination
August 15 2013 12:27 PM
Sen. Rand Paul said Wednesday that there is no evidence of voting discrimination against black people.
- Obama Cancels Joint Military Exercise With Egypt, Due To Violence
August 15 2013 11:09 AM
The president says the Egypt-U.S. relationship cannot continue as usual when civilians are being killed in the streets.
- Why Some Democrats Don't Back The Rising Star Of Cory Booker
August 14 2013 11:49 AM
Newark Mayor Cory Booker is on his way to becoming the next U.S. senator from New Jersey, but progressives aren't happy about it.
- Obama Administration White Paper Justifying NSA Data Sweeps Called 'Weak'
August 14 2013 9:32 AM
Experts say the administration's legal reasoning falls short of justifying bulk phone data collection.
- Water Wars Heat Up As Florida Plans To Sue Georgia
August 13 2013 5:52 PM
Florida will take Georgia to court over "unchecked consumption of water" threatening the economic future of Northwest Florida.
- Is Hillary Clinton Already Staging Her Comeback? [VIDEO]
August 13 2013 10:59 AM
Beginning with a voting rights speech, Clinton plans to re-enter the world of politics with a series of policy speeches.
- How House Members Were Never Briefed On Phone Records Program In 2011
August 12 2013 3:28 PM
The House never knew about a briefing on the bulk phone records program, because the Intelligence Committee never shared it.