Articles by Pema Levy
- Two More IRS Officials Placed On Leave
June 05 2013 5:11 PM
In yet another blow to the IRS, two more agency officials were placed on administrative leave Wednesday for accepting gifts at a conference.
- Obama Not Being Blamed For Scandals, Yet
June 05 2013 1:15 PM
President Obama's approval rating is holding steady because Americans are not blaming him for the 3 scandals rocking his administration.
- Susan Rice’s New Appointment Won’t Change U.S. Foreign Policy
June 05 2013 11:53 AM
The new national security adviser won't be a lot different from her predecessor Tom Donilon, experts say.
- Obama Throws Down The Gauntlet In Nominations Battle With GOP
June 05 2013 9:03 AM
The nomination of three judges to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals essentially dares Republicans to filibuster the appointments.
- Christie Sets Special Election For October, Avoiding Political Showdown
June 04 2013 2:58 PM
Facing a battle with Democrats, the New Jersey governor set a special election to fill Sen. Frank Lautenberg's Senate seat for October.
- Dems At IRS Hearing: What About Bush?
June 04 2013 1:51 PM
Two Democrats at Tuesday's IRS hearing pushed back against the idea that targeting tea party groups was a White House plot.
- Rubio's Border Security Push At Odds With Latino Voters
June 04 2013 9:50 AM
As Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., pushes for stronger border security measures, a new poll finds that Latino voters oppose a border-first strategy.
- Internal Rifts As GOP Zeroes In On IRS
June 04 2013 9:39 AM
As House Republicans prepare for their second hearing of the week on the IRS scandal, one top Republican's attacks on the president created a rift in his party.
- For Christie, Replacing Lautenberg Is A Political Minefield
June 03 2013 2:41 PM
New Jersey's governor faces tough political choices in replacing Democratic Sen. Frank Lautenberg. One name for all: Cory Booker.
- Lautenberg, Senator From New Jersey, Dies At 89
June 03 2013 10:28 AM
Sen. Frank Lautenberg, D-N.J., passed away early Monday morning at the age of 89. Republican Gov. Chris Christie will appoint a replacement.
- Voters Skeptical About Passage Of Immigration Bill
May 31 2013 2:10 PM
Hispanic voters were more optimistic than white respondents, and black voters were the most optimistic.
- Obama Focuses On Student Loan Interest-Rate Spike
May 31 2013 1:07 PM
The president called on Congress to stop federal student loan interest rates from doubling, setting the stage for a showdown with the GOP.
- Grassley Says DC Circuit Court's Not Busy: Is He Right?
May 31 2013 11:29 AM
U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, says the D.C. Circuit doesn't need more judges, but experts aren't convinced.
- Obama's Approval Rating Dips After IRS Scandal
May 30 2013 5:45 PM
The president's poll numbers took a hit as he deals with scandals in his administration, a new Quinnipiac University poll found.
- Push For Keystone Uses Lobbyists With Administration Ties
May 30 2013 4:19 PM
In their drive for the Keystone XL pipeline, TransCanada and Alberta signed up firms with ties to the Obama administration.
- Even As He Reaches Out To Media, Holder Faces New Round Of Criticism
May 30 2013 10:47 AM
U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is trying to make peace with the media, amid new questions about his role in obtaining a Fox News reporter's emails.
- High Stakes For Obama In Court Nominations Battle
May 29 2013 7:24 PM
The impending battle over three nominees to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals could impact the president's second-term agenda.
- Lincoln Chafee To Switch Parties Ahead Of Re-Election Battle
May 29 2013 1:54 PM
Completing his political evolution, the governor of Rhode Island becomes a Democrat ahead of his 2014 re-election campaign.
- With Michele Bachmann's Departure, The Tea Party Is Wounded, Not Dead
May 29 2013 12:54 PM
U.S. Rep. Bachmann's exit takes the movement's poster child out of Congress, but there are still other names to carry the tea party torch.