- What's An Airdrop, And How Does It Work?
August 08 2014 2:08 PM
The U.S. began to drop relief supplies Friday to beleaguered Yazidi refugees fleeing Islamist militants in Iraq.
- 'We Can Walk And Chew Gum At The Same Time'
August 08 2014 9:17 AM
Between an earthquake and two tropical storms, which are bearing down on Hawaii, officials are reassuring the public that they can handle it.
- Airstrikes Would Be Obama’s Boldest Move Yet In Iraq Crisis
August 07 2014 4:15 PM
The White House has delayed military action in Iraq, but is now considering airstrikes against IS.
- Earthquake Rocks Hawaii Ahead Of Major Hurricanes
August 07 2014 2:19 PM
An earthquake rattled Hawaii on Thursday ahead of Hurricane Iselle and Hurricane Julio.
- Search For MH17 Victims Suspended Amid Escalating Violence
August 07 2014 12:43 PM
The Netherlands prime minister has temporarily suspended search efforts at the crash site of Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 as fighting between pro-Russian rebels and Ukraine forces escalated.
- Hawaii Braces For Hurricanes Iselle And Julio
August 07 2014 10:46 AM
The Aloha state is hunkering down ahead of two rare Pacific storms, one of which will be the islands’ first direct hit in 22 years.
- Opposition To Pot Reform = Big Money For Pharmaceuticals
August 06 2014 5:54 PM
Pharmaceutical companies are among the biggest supporters of lobby groups that challenge marijuana law reform.
- The Afghanistan War's Heavy Toll
August 06 2014 2:41 PM
Maj. Gen. Harold J. Greene is only one of Operation Enduring Freedom's 2,202 U.S. casualties in Afghanistan.
- Are Afghan Forces Ready To Run Country’s Security?
August 06 2014 12:29 PM
Atop U.S. Major Gen. Greene's death, the Afghan military is struggling with logistics and air support and mobility.
- Sayeeda Warsi, British Minister, Resigns Over Gaza
August 05 2014 4:46 PM
Britain’s first Muslim Cabinet member, Minister of Faith Sayeeda Warsi, resigned Tuesday.
- General Is Highest-Ranking US Officer Killed In Conflict Since Vietnam
August 05 2014 1:41 PM
A major general was killed on Tuesday at a military training academy in Kabul, Afghanistan, U.S. Rear Admiral John Kirby confirmed Tuesday.
- Japanese Stem Cell Researcher Commits Suicide Following Scandal
August 05 2014 12:28 PM
A Japanese scientist accused of falsifying the results of several stem cell research studies reportedly committed suicide at a government science institute on Tuesday.
- After Two-Month Delay, Search For MH370 To Resume
August 05 2014 10:31 AM
The $56M endeavor will involve scanning some 23,000 square miles of ocean floor near Australia.
- Colorado’s Pot Is Getting Trafficked To 40 States: Cops
August 04 2014 4:18 PM
More people are trafficking marijuana out of Colorado since the state legalized the drug in 2012, drug officials say.
- Hurricane Iselle ‘Intensifies,’ Closes In On Hawaii
August 04 2014 1:29 PM
Hurricane Iselle suddenly gained strength over the Pacific Ocean Monday and is expected to reach Hawaii later this week.
- New York Times Runs First Marijuana Ad
August 04 2014 11:26 AM
The ad promoted a company that bills itself as the "Yelp for marijuana."
- Origin Of Mystery Ship Found Under World Trade Center Revealed
August 01 2014 4:03 PM
Archaeologists finally have some answers for where the mysterious World Trade Center ship originated.
- Pot Sales Could Aid California City After Bankruptcy
August 01 2014 2:19 PM
Could legal marijuana help the small California city of San Bernardino after bankruptcy?
- 'For Sale' Sign On Neverland Ranch?
August 01 2014 12:28 PM
The former home of the late Michael Jackson has been restored, and its investment-firm owner appears to be prepping it for sale.
- Legal Marijuana Won’t Be A Cash Crop, Oregon Legislators Warn
July 31 2014 5:10 PM
Oregon will likely legalize recreational marijuana in November, but economists wonder if people will buy it.