Articles by Philip Ross
- James Franco And Seth Rogen Are At It Again With Spoof Of Kimye’s Disputed Vogue Cover [PHOTO]
March 22 2014 7:54 PM
While the Internet users debate the latest Vogue cover, which features features Kim Kardashian and Kanye West (a.k.a. “Kimye”), James Franco and Seth Rogen created their own version of the controversial cover.
- Creationists Criticize Neil deGrasse Tyson’s ‘Cosmos,’ Want More Airtime For Religion
March 22 2014 5:34 PM
Fox’s “Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey,” hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson, was criticized by some creationists who say the TV series is biased.
- DNA Mugshot: How A Crime-Fighting Computer Sketch Program Can ‘Predict A Face’
March 22 2014 2:45 PM
The new technology will have a significant impact on criminal investigations.
- Feds Arrest 14 In Massive Child Pornography Ring Bust
March 19 2014 7:12 PM
The case involves hundreds of victims, some younger than 3 years old, across 39 U.S. states and five countries.
- Graphene Contact Lenses With Infrared Sight? That's Right, 'RoboCop' Fans
March 19 2014 5:51 PM
Researchers from the University of Michigan have created a super-thin light detector made of graphene that can pick up the entire infrared spectrum in addition to visible and ultraviolet light.
- Medical Conspiracies: 6 Popular Government And Corporate Health Cover-ups Half Of Americans Believe
March 19 2014 2:17 PM
A new survey found that nearly half of American adults accept at least one medical conspiracy theory.
- Narwhal Tusk Mystery Solved? Study Finds Ocean Unicorn’s Overgrown Tooth Is Filled With Nerves
March 18 2014 5:48 PM
A new study suggests the Arctic narwhal’s tusk may be a highly-sensitive, nerve-filled probe that detects changes in the whale’s environment.
- Denver News Station KDVR Flashes Penis Pic During Seattle Helicopter Crash Report Because Of Twitter Typo [NSFW VIDEO]
March 18 2014 3:54 PM
During a segment on the Seattle helicopter crash, Denver’s Fox affiliate KDVR accidentally flashed a picture of a random penis across viewers’ TV screens. See the embarrassing NSFW video here.
- ‘Plant Nanobionics’ Shows Promise After Leaves Infused With Carbon Nanotubes Saw 30% Boost In Energy Production
March 18 2014 2:08 PM
Researchers from MIT have found a way to infuse plants with carbon nanotubes in order to boost energy output. Scientists say the applications of “nanobionics” are varied.
- Sugar Found In Tequila Plant May Stave Off Diabetes
March 17 2014 7:24 PM
New research says a certain sugar found in tequila could lower blood glucose levels in the body and even help people lose weight.
- Cancer In 3,000-Year-Old Skeleton May Show Evolution Of Disease
March 17 2014 7:01 PM
Scientists have discovered what they believe to be the oldest known evidence of metastatic cancer in a 3,000-year-old skeleton found in an ancient tomb in Sudan.
- 3-Million-Year-Old 'Ape Man' May Beat 'Lucy' As Earliest Human Forefather
March 17 2014 3:21 PM
The nearly complete skeleton of an early Australopithecus discovered in South Africa, nicknamed “Little Foot,” is believed to be around 3 million years old, putting him in the running with other famous contenders as human’s earliest forefather.
- Flight 370 ‘Cyber Hijack’ Theory Emerges
March 16 2014 8:14 PM
The theory is that cyber terrorists remotely hijacked the Boeing 777 by hacking into its computer system.
- Greenland Ice Melt ‘Accelerating’
March 16 2014 5:45 PM
New research indicates that Greenland is dumping billions of tons of water into the ocean every year.
- 9 Surprising Facts You May Not Know About St. Patrick And His Holiday
March 16 2014 3:56 PM
The real story of the man behind St. Patrick’s Day.
- 28 Million-Year-Old Whale Skull Found, Shows Possible Origin Of Echolocation
March 15 2014 6:53 PM
The fossilized skull of a 28 million-year-old whale may be the oldest evidence paleontologists have of echolocation.
- ‘Soft’ Robotic Fish Moves Just Like The Real Thing [VIDEO]
March 15 2014 4:48 PM
Researchers at MIT have created "fish" that could explore hard-to-reach underwater reefs.
- Was Flight 370 Crash A Suicide?
March 15 2014 1:52 PM
Officials are giving serious consideration to a theory about the jet's disappearance.
- 3D-Printed Skull Restores Crash Victim Stephen Power’s Face
March 12 2014 7:06 PM
Stephen Power was given a set of custom 3D-printed implants to repair impact injuries he sustained during a motorcycle accident in 2012.
- ‘Spin Ice:’ Scientists Manipulate Ultra-Thin Substance In Pursuit Of ‘Magnetricity’
March 12 2014 4:08 PM
Researchers in the U.K. have created thin films of “spin ice,” a substance that defies the third law of thermodynamics, and manipulated it in a way that could be used to produce “magnetricity.”