- Hurricane Cristobal Leaves 5 Dead Across Caribbean
August 26 2014 11:24 AM
Hurricane Cristobal headed north on Tuesday after dumping heavy rains across the Caribbean.
- UN Health Agency Wants Tougher Rules For E-Cigarettes
August 26 2014 9:10 AM
The World Health Organization is the latest health agency to call for regulating electronic cigarettes.
- 2,700-Year-Old Artifacts Found In Ancient Phoenician Shipwreck
August 25 2014 5:47 PM
A vessel at the bottom of the Mediterranean near Malta could be the oldest shipwreck ever found in the Mediterranean.
- ‘You Can Talk, So You Can Breathe,’ LAPD Told Dying Man
August 25 2014 2:42 PM
A Los Angeles man died last year while in police custody despite several cries that he could not breathe, reports reveal.
- Divisive Remarks Amid Ferguson Protests
August 15 2014 3:06 PM
Here are some of the more controversial remarks made during the past week about the Ferguson shooting.
- ‘Pharming’ Tobacco May Aid In Deadly Ebola Outbreak
August 15 2014 11:13 AM
Scientists are using tobacco plants to extract complex proteins that could aid in the deadly Ebola outbreak.
- The Questions Police Won't Answer About Ferguson
August 14 2014 4:45 PM
Law enforcement in Ferguson, Missouri, have left out some crucial details in the ongoing investigation of the shooting of Mike Brown.
- Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon Withdraws Local Police
August 14 2014 2:00 PM
“The police response has become part of the problem as opposed to being part of the solution,” Sen. Claire McCaskill said.
- Pope Calls For ‘Reconciliation’ Between Two Koreas
August 14 2014 11:42 AM
Pope Francis began his five-day visit to South Korea by encouraging “diplomacy” between the Koreas, hours after the North fired missiles.
- New Species Of Flying Reptile Found In Brazil
August 14 2014 11:20 AM
A new species of pterosaur, an ancient flying reptile with a butterfly-like head, was discovered in Brazil.
- Chile Earthquake: Nation Long Overdue For ‘The Big One’
August 13 2014 4:35 PM
Chile could face its largest earthquake yet, scientists warn.
- Hemp-Based Super-Battery Is ‘Better Than Graphene’
August 13 2014 2:58 PM
Engineers have discovered hemp’s energy-saving properties.
- ‘Blackfish’ Effect: SeaWorld Stock Takes A Dive
August 13 2014 2:55 PM
SeaWorld’s shares tanked on Wednesday, an indication that the “Blackfish” documentary affected ticket sales.
- Egypt's Army Killed Hundreds In 2013 Protests: Report
August 13 2014 9:05 AM
Human Rights Watch has found that Egyptian security forces likely committed "crimes against humanity" last year.
- Colorado Reeks Of Pot, But ‘You Get Used To It’
August 12 2014 4:26 PM
As the marijuana industry in Colorado has gone mainstream, complaints about the smell of pot are on the rise.
- Robin Williams’ Death Ruled A Suicide
August 12 2014 2:32 PM
The Marin County Sheriff’s Office in Northern California confirmed Tuesday the actor's death was a "suicide due to asphyxia from hanging.”
- Robin Williams On Famous Roles, Being Broke And Even Sex Toys
August 12 2014 2:08 PM
Here are 10 things we learned about the late Robin Williams from his hilarious correspondence with fans on Reddit last year.
- Two-Headed Dolphin Found In Turkey
August 12 2014 12:34 PM
A two-headed dolphin was found dead on a beach in Turkey, but has since gone missing.
- 'It Is Ethical To Offer Unproven Interventions'
August 12 2014 10:38 AM
After a lengthy public debate at the World Health Organization, the U.N. has endorsed treating Ebola patients with experimental drugs.
- Colorado Sets New Record For Legal Pot Sales
August 11 2014 3:50 PM
Colorado had its best month for recreational marijuana sales in June.