- Detroit's Billion-Dollar Deconstruction Plan Will Create Just 430 Jobs
May 29 2014 6:14 PM
Detroit plans to raze tens of thousands of neglected buildings. Blighted structures will come down -- but will unemployment rates?
- Elliot Rodger's Parents Break Silence On Their 'Hell On Earth'
May 29 2014 5:48 PM
The parents of UCSB killer Elliot Rodger have broken their silence about their son’s deadly acts.
- Drill-Wielding Wasp Uses Zinc Appendage To Bore Into Fruit [VIDEO]
May 29 2014 2:53 PM
A parasitic wasp that lays its eggs in unripe figs has its own mettalic power tool to do the job.
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel ‘Embarrassed’ By Leaked Emails
May 29 2014 9:47 AM
Snapchat Inc. CEO Evan Spiegel apologized for vulgar emails he sent while a student at Stanford University.
- Warning: Wikipedia May Be Dangerous To Your Health
May 28 2014 6:34 PM
The health entries in the Web’s most popular crowdsourced encyclopedia are riddled with errors, a new study warns.
- Humans Got Punier As Energy-Hungry Brains Became Stronger, New Study Suggests
May 28 2014 11:29 AM
Humans evolved larger brains as a result of weaker muscles.
- Why The Cops Couldn't Confiscate California Killer's Handguns
May 27 2014 7:51 PM
During an April visit, police didn't see Elliot Rodger's arsenal. But even if they had, California law didn't let them take the weapons away.
- Glaring Gaps Revealed In Government Data From Flight MH370
May 27 2014 12:19 PM
The Malaysian government today released some of the raw data it used to determine the whereabouts of the missing MH370.
- Carbon Stored In Ancient Earth Soil Could Contribute To Climate Change
May 27 2014 10:40 AM
Ancient buried soils rich in carbon could contribute to global climate change.
- Memorial Day 2014 Drink Recipes: 7 Cocktails To Kick Off The Summer
May 24 2014 11:44 AM
It’s time to leave the dismal days of winter behind and start summer off on the right foot.
- NASA ‘Global Selfie’ Offers Stunning 3.2-Gigapixel View Of Earth [PHOTO]
May 23 2014 8:00 PM
"We were overwhelmed to see people participate from so many countries," says NASA official.
- NASA Discovers New And ‘Unusual’ Impact Crater On Mars [VIDEO]
May 23 2014 10:26 AM
NASA recently discovered a fresh crater on the surface of the Red Planet, and scientists pinpointed the exact day the impact occurred.
- LA's 'Subway To Sea' Gets Federal Boost, But Future Uncertain
May 22 2014 5:24 PM
The federal government announced it would spend billions to extend the L.A. subway line that runs below Wilshire.
- ‘Citizen’ Scientists To Jump-Start Retired NASA Spacecraft
May 22 2014 1:39 PM
A group of amateur scientists will attempt to reboot a forgotten NASA space probe.
- Genes Of ‘Sea Aliens’ Stir Up Theory Of Evolution
May 22 2014 10:50 AM
Comb jellies evolved independently from all other animals, new research suggests.
- 12,000-Year-Old Skeleton From Mexico Is ‘Extraordinary’ Find, May Solve Mystery Of Native American Origin
May 15 2014 4:45 PM
The bones of a 12,000-year-old girl provide clues about the origin of early North Americans.
- Solar Winds May Be Triggering Lightning On Earth
May 15 2014 2:01 PM
New research says the sun’s solar winds increase thunderstorms on Earth.
- San Diego Fire Spreads North To Carlsbad
May 15 2014 11:15 AM
Video of the fire in Carlsbad, California, shows massive flames dangerously close to several homes.
- UN Considers Ban On ‘Killer Robots’ In Warfare
May 14 2014 2:39 PM
For the first time, world leaders are meeting this week to consider banning “killer robots.”
- World's Oldest Sperm Found In Australia Is A ‘Staggering’ Discovery
May 14 2014 11:44 AM
A fossil holding the world’s oldest sperm was recently discovered in an ancient bat cave in Australia.