- New Species Of Cartwheeling Spider Inspires Miniature Robot For Martian Surface Travel [VIDEO]
May 06 2014 2:20 PM
A new species of spider has inspired an advanced breed of miniature robots.
- 2,300-Year-Old Rock Lines Likely Gave Partygoers Directions
May 06 2014 11:11 AM
Ancient lines made of earth and stone were recently uncovered in the Chincha Valley desert of Peru.
- 'Cork' Holding Vast East Antarctic Ice Shelf Could Give Way Soon
May 05 2014 5:17 PM
The East Antarctica Ice Sheet looks to be more unstable than previously thought.
- Where To Catch The Eta Aquarid Meteor Shower [VIDEO]
May 05 2014 1:48 PM
The annual Eta Aquarid meteor shower has arrived, with the best viewing slated for the early Tuesday morning.
- Solar Cells Made Of Tin Are ‘Very Promising’ As A Low-Cost Alternative Energy Source
May 05 2014 11:07 AM
Tin is showing promise as an alternative material to lead in the production of solar energy cells.
- Astronauts To Grow Fresh Veggies In Space
May 04 2014 6:36 PM
Astronauts will attempt to grow fresh vegetables aboard the International Space Station.
- Asteroid 2014 HL129 Narrowly Misses Earth Just Days After Being Discovered
May 04 2014 3:54 PM
An asteroid the size of a school bus passed close to Earth on Saturday.
- No Joke: Obama Tries Out New Material At WHCD [VIDEO]
May 04 2014 2:14 PM
The president and actor Joel McHale send zingers to both sides of the aisle. Here are our 10 favorites.
- V. Stiviano Says Leaked Argument With NBA Owner Is One Of ‘Very Many’
May 03 2014 8:31 PM
V. Stiviano says there were many recorded conversations with Donald Sterling.
- Rare 18-Foot Goblin Shark Caught Off Florida Coast Is A ‘Living Fossil’ [PHOTOS]
May 03 2014 5:28 PM
"The guys at NOAA said I'm probably one of only 10 people who've seen one of those alive," says longtime fisherman.
- Ancient Egyptians’ Simple ‘Trick’ For Building The Pyramids Revealed
May 03 2014 3:24 PM
How ancient Egyptians maneuvered massive blocks across the desert.
- On 'Mean Girls' 10th Anniversary, Twitter Trends #DamnAfrica In Lindsay Lohan Dis
April 30 2014 6:49 PM
Twitter users used the hashtag #DamnAfrica and #DamnAfricaWhatHappened to “Mean Girls” star Lindsay Lohan.
- Shipwreck Seekers Discover Rare ‘Tar Lily’ Volcanoes Off Texas Coast [PHOTO]
April 30 2014 5:18 PM
Two rare tar volcanoes -- ocean-floor vents that spout asphalt instead of lava -- were discovered at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Radiation Tripled In Some Pacific Tuna Since Fukushima Meltdown
April 30 2014 1:45 PM
Some albacore tuna caught off the Pacific Northwest U.S. was found to contain higher levels of radiation after the 2011 Fukushima nuclear meltdown in Japan.
- Oprah Winfrey Criticizes Donald Sterling For ‘Plantation Mentality’
April 29 2014 7:58 PM
Winfrey was asked whether she'd consider buying the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: ‘Wreckage Found’ In Bay Of Bengal Could Be Missing Plane, Says Survey Company
April 29 2014 6:25 PM
An Australian survey company said Tuesday that it has located the wreckage of a commercial airliner in the Bay of Bengal that could be the missing MH370.
- ‘Cinderella Surgery’ On The Rise In US
April 29 2014 4:45 PM
The “Cinderella surgery” is performed to alter the shape and size of a woman’s feet to allow them to fit more easily into designer shoes.
- Mystery Of Spanish Flu Pandemic Solved? ‘Missing’ Link Shows Why 1918 Virus Targeted Young Adults
April 29 2014 1:33 PM
The 1918 flu pandemic is one of history’s greatest biomedical conundrums, primarily because of whom the virus targeted, but new research is helping to put some of the mysteries to rest.
- 9,000-Year-Old Caribou Hunting Site Found Under Lake Huron
April 28 2014 6:25 PM
The ruins of a 9,000-year-old caribou hunting site were found on the bottom of Lake Huron.
- Of Mice And Men: Lab Rats’ Fear Of Male Researchers ‘Might Affect’ Experiment Results
April 28 2014 4:30 PM
The distinct smell of male pheromones triggers a stress response in laboratory rodents that researchers say could skew findings.