- Powerful 7.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Papua New Guinea, Region ‘More Active Than Usual,’ Says Official
April 19 2014 1:26 PM
A strong 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea on Saturday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Postpartum Depression, Not Just For Mothers
April 14 2014 7:58 PM
New research finds that during the first five years of fatherhood, young dads saw a 68 percent increase in depressive symptoms.
- Kansas Jewish Center Shooter A Former KKK Member
April 13 2014 7:06 PM
A suspect opened fire at a community center and an assisted-living facility on Sunday, the day before Passover, killing three.
- There Is A 99% Chance Climate Change Is Not Natural
April 13 2014 4:08 PM
A recent study adds to the growing pile of evidence that climate change is the result of anthropogenic causes.
- Heartbleed Bug And Online Security: 7 Tips For Creating Stronger Passwords
April 12 2014 7:15 PM
In the aftermath of the Heartbleed bug, it’s time to consider online security. Here are seven ways to create stronger passwords.
- ‘Space Cherry’ Tree Blossoms 6 Years Early Following Trip Aboard The ISS
April 12 2014 4:23 PM
"One reason the tree has grown so fast may be related to space rays," says one leading reseacher.
- Greenland Ice Sheet Samples Show ‘Dramatic Impact’ On Emissions
April 12 2014 1:46 PM
Scientists who analyzed core samples from the Greenland ice sheet found they contained a record of chemical changes in the air.
- 101-Year-Old Message In A Bottle Found In Baltic Sea, ‘Intact’ Relic May Be Oldest Of Its Kind
April 09 2014 6:52 PM
Researchers have identified what they believe could be the oldest message in a bottle ever recovered, a German museum announced Monday.
- Chupacabra, The Legend That Won't Die
April 09 2014 5:44 PM
Anecdotes and speculation are one thing, but does science support the existence of the legendary chupacabra? And what keeps us believing?
- Lab-Grown Body Parts Coming Soon: Scientist
April 08 2014 8:36 PM
It may sound like science fiction, but scientists say growing human organs of all kinds is on the horizon.
- Two 15-Foot Oarfish Surface Off Mexican Coast, Elusive ‘Sea Serpents’ Caught On Camera [VIDEO]
April 08 2014 6:12 PM
A group of kayakers in Mexico came across two, 15-foot oarfish, and caught the whole encounter on video.
- Hope For Honeybees In Europe; Deaths Less Than Expected
April 07 2014 7:11 PM
A new study conducted by the European Commission suggests honey bees are not dying as rapidly in Europe as was previously feared.
- Deserts Key To Preventing Global Warming: Study
April 07 2014 4:32 PM
A new study suggests that deserts, much like rainforests, play a critical role in sucking up excess carbon dioxide in our atmosphere.
- Giant Tetris Played On 100,000-Square-Foot ‘Screen’ In Philadelphia To Mark Game’s 30th Anniversary [VIDEO]
April 06 2014 8:13 PM
To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Tetris, hundreds of fans gathered around a skyscraper in Philadelphia to play what is probably the largest version of the game.
- Zombie Cancer Cells ‘Rescue’ Themselves Before Death
April 06 2014 7:28 PM
Like zombies returning from the grave, certain cancer cells might be able to overcome death even after being destroyed by chemotherapy, according to new research.
- ‘Zombie’ Bass: Biologists Use Shocking Technique To Study Fish
April 06 2014 4:55 PM
Researchers bring "electrofishing" to the lakes of the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Chili’s To Donate To ‘Anti-Vaccine’ Charity
April 06 2014 2:54 PM
Controversial views about the effect of vaccines is at issue.
- Unfrozen: Polar Ice Sheet Retreats Again
April 05 2014 6:43 PM
The winter ice coverage is at its fifth-lowest peak since 1978.
- UFO Sighting In Mississippi Is ‘Definitely’ An Unidentified Object, But Were Bizarre Lights Caused By Aliens? [VIDEO]
April 05 2014 3:37 PM
A Mississippi couple claims to have captured images of a UFO after mysterious bright lights appeared above their property at night.
- Ecuador's Tungurahua Volcano Spews Ash 6 Miles High [VIDEO]
April 05 2014 1:24 PM
The so-called ‘Throat of Fire’ shot rock and hot gas onto the volcano’s northern flank.