- Poll Reveals Most Americans Doubt Big Bang Theory
April 21 2014 8:06 PM
Beliefs about evolution, the Big Bang theory, climate change, etc., in the U.S. depend heavily on religion and political affiliation, a new poll reveals.
- South Korean President Says Ferry Crew's Actions Amount To Murder
April 20 2014 7:10 PM
A transcript of the communication between the sinking ferry, Sewol, and the Jindo coast guard reveals confusion.
- Easter Sunday 2014: Photos From Celebrations Around The World [SLIDESHOW]
April 20 2014 4:35 PM
Here’s a look at Easter Sunday celebrations from around the world.
- 10,000-Year-Old Mastodon Tooth Found By Michigan Boy
April 20 2014 1:47 PM
Experts see a "great reminder" of North America's prehistoric past.
- ‘Killer’ Sea Sponges: Four New Species Of Carnivorous Sponges Discovered In Deep Seas Of North Pacific
April 19 2014 7:10 PM
Researchers have discovered four new species of carnivorous sponges lurking in the deep waters of the North Pacific.
- Earth-Like Planet Is ‘Best Bet’ Yet For Extraterrestrial Life
April 19 2014 4:29 PM
Scientists are calling a recently discovered planet, Kepler-186f, a close “cousin” of Earth. Kepler-186f was discovered nearly 500 light-years away in the constellation Cygnus.
- Fireball Explodes Over Northern Russia, Stunning ‘Meteor’ Lights Up The Night Sky [VIDEO]
April 19 2014 2:57 PM
Why haven't we been crushed by space debris?
- Powerful 7.8-Magnitude Earthquake Rocks Papua New Guinea, Region ‘More Active Than Usual,’ Says Official
April 19 2014 1:26 PM
A strong 7.8-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea on Saturday, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Postpartum Depression, Not Just For Mothers
April 14 2014 7:58 PM
New research finds that during the first five years of fatherhood, young dads saw a 68 percent increase in depressive symptoms.
- Kansas Jewish Center Shooter A Former KKK Member
April 13 2014 7:06 PM
A suspect opened fire at a community center and an assisted-living facility on Sunday, the day before Passover, killing three.
- There Is A 99% Chance Climate Change Is Not Natural
April 13 2014 4:08 PM
A recent study adds to the growing pile of evidence that climate change is the result of anthropogenic causes.
- Heartbleed Bug And Online Security: 7 Tips For Creating Stronger Passwords
April 12 2014 7:15 PM
In the aftermath of the Heartbleed bug, it’s time to consider online security. Here are seven ways to create stronger passwords.
- ‘Space Cherry’ Tree Blossoms 6 Years Early Following Trip Aboard The ISS
April 12 2014 4:23 PM
"One reason the tree has grown so fast may be related to space rays," says one leading reseacher.
- Greenland Ice Sheet Samples Show ‘Dramatic Impact’ On Emissions
April 12 2014 1:46 PM
Scientists who analyzed core samples from the Greenland ice sheet found they contained a record of chemical changes in the air.
- 101-Year-Old Message In A Bottle Found In Baltic Sea, ‘Intact’ Relic May Be Oldest Of Its Kind
April 09 2014 6:52 PM
Researchers have identified what they believe could be the oldest message in a bottle ever recovered, a German museum announced Monday.
- Chupacabra, The Legend That Won't Die
April 09 2014 5:44 PM
Anecdotes and speculation are one thing, but does science support the existence of the legendary chupacabra? And what keeps us believing?
- Lab-Grown Body Parts Coming Soon: Scientist
April 08 2014 8:36 PM
It may sound like science fiction, but scientists say growing human organs of all kinds is on the horizon.
- Two 15-Foot Oarfish Surface Off Mexican Coast, Elusive ‘Sea Serpents’ Caught On Camera [VIDEO]
April 08 2014 6:12 PM
A group of kayakers in Mexico came across two, 15-foot oarfish, and caught the whole encounter on video.
- Hope For Honeybees In Europe; Deaths Less Than Expected
April 07 2014 7:11 PM
A new study conducted by the European Commission suggests honey bees are not dying as rapidly in Europe as was previously feared.
- Deserts Key To Preventing Global Warming: Study
April 07 2014 4:32 PM
A new study suggests that deserts, much like rainforests, play a critical role in sucking up excess carbon dioxide in our atmosphere.