- Greenland Ice Sheet Samples Show ‘Dramatic Impact’ On Emissions
April 12 2014 1:46 PM
Scientists who analyzed core samples from the Greenland ice sheet found they contained a record of chemical changes in the air.
- 101-Year-Old Message In A Bottle Found In Baltic Sea, ‘Intact’ Relic May Be Oldest Of Its Kind
April 09 2014 6:52 PM
Researchers have identified what they believe could be the oldest message in a bottle ever recovered, a German museum announced Monday.
- Chupacabra, The Legend That Won't Die
April 09 2014 5:44 PM
Anecdotes and speculation are one thing, but does science support the existence of the legendary chupacabra? And what keeps us believing?
- Lab-Grown Body Parts Coming Soon: Scientist
April 08 2014 8:36 PM
It may sound like science fiction, but scientists say growing human organs of all kinds is on the horizon.
- Two 15-Foot Oarfish Surface Off Mexican Coast, Elusive ‘Sea Serpents’ Caught On Camera [VIDEO]
April 08 2014 6:12 PM
A group of kayakers in Mexico came across two, 15-foot oarfish, and caught the whole encounter on video.
- Hope For Honeybees In Europe; Deaths Less Than Expected
April 07 2014 7:11 PM
A new study conducted by the European Commission suggests honey bees are not dying as rapidly in Europe as was previously feared.
- Deserts Key To Preventing Global Warming: Study
April 07 2014 4:32 PM
A new study suggests that deserts, much like rainforests, play a critical role in sucking up excess carbon dioxide in our atmosphere.
- Giant Tetris Played On 100,000-Square-Foot ‘Screen’ In Philadelphia To Mark Game’s 30th Anniversary [VIDEO]
April 06 2014 8:13 PM
To commemorate the 30th anniversary of Tetris, hundreds of fans gathered around a skyscraper in Philadelphia to play what is probably the largest version of the game.
- Zombie Cancer Cells ‘Rescue’ Themselves Before Death
April 06 2014 7:28 PM
Like zombies returning from the grave, certain cancer cells might be able to overcome death even after being destroyed by chemotherapy, according to new research.
- ‘Zombie’ Bass: Biologists Use Shocking Technique To Study Fish
April 06 2014 4:55 PM
Researchers bring "electrofishing" to the lakes of the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Chili’s To Donate To ‘Anti-Vaccine’ Charity
April 06 2014 2:54 PM
Controversial views about the effect of vaccines is at issue.
- Unfrozen: Polar Ice Sheet Retreats Again
April 05 2014 6:43 PM
The winter ice coverage is at its fifth-lowest peak since 1978.
- UFO Sighting In Mississippi Is ‘Definitely’ An Unidentified Object, But Were Bizarre Lights Caused By Aliens? [VIDEO]
April 05 2014 3:37 PM
A Mississippi couple claims to have captured images of a UFO after mysterious bright lights appeared above their property at night.
- Ecuador's Tungurahua Volcano Spews Ash 6 Miles High [VIDEO]
April 05 2014 1:24 PM
The so-called ‘Throat of Fire’ shot rock and hot gas onto the volcano’s northern flank.
- Books Bound In Human Skin Are Spooky Reminder Of ‘Macabre’ Medieval Trend
April 02 2014 7:44 PM
Harvard librarians discovered that the covers of three of their books were bound with human skin, a practice that dates back to the Middle Ages.
- Did North Korean NADA Logo Rip Off NASA Emblem?
April 02 2014 5:15 PM
The newly minted logo for North Korea's National Aerospace Development Administration has been unveiled. Does it look familar?
- Washington Mudslide Linked To Logging, Death Toll Hits 29
April 02 2014 2:25 PM
State regulators may have used outdated research to create logging boundaries.
- Zero Gravity Is No Lift For Astronauts’ Hearts
April 01 2014 7:45 PM
According to new research, astronauts’ hearts become more spherical in shape, which can present problems on Earth.
- Floating Rubbish Hinders Search For MH370 And Shows Oceans’ Trash Problem
April 01 2014 5:33 PM
As the search for Flight 370 enters its fourth week, investigators have become increasingly frustrated as time and time again their leads turn out to be dead ends.
- ‘Happily Surprised’ And ‘Sadly Angry’ Are Just A Few Of The 21 Unique Human Facial Expressions Identified In New Study
April 01 2014 1:53 PM
Researchers have identified 21 unique emotional expressions, some of which are combinations of two or more emotions.