- At Least 10 People Killed In Shelling On School In East Ukraine
October 01 2014 8:23 AM
There were no children among those killed in the shelling at School No. 57 on the first day of the new school year.
- Coalition Jets Strike Islamic State Near Turkish Border
October 01 2014 6:20 AM
The head of the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Kurdish sources reported seeing dead Islamic State fighters at the strike sites.
- France Defies EU Partners With 'No Austerity' Budget
October 01 2014 5:06 AM
Previously, France had promised EU partners it would bring its deficit below 3 percent by next year.
- Sainsbury's Cuts Full-Year Sales Forecast
October 01 2014 3:26 AM
The group trails troubled market leader Tesco and is battling with Wal-Mart Stores' Asda to be the UK's No. 2 grocer.
- Australian Aircraft To Support US-Led Air Strikes In Iraq
October 01 2014 2:36 AM
The U.S., joined by European countries, has been hitting targets in Iraq since August.
- Sunni Tribe Joins Fight Against Islamic State
October 01 2014 1:19 AM
Members of the influential Shammar tribe, one of the largest in northwestern Iraq, joined the Kurds in the fighting, a tribal figure said.
- Taliban Bombs Hit Afghan Army Vehicles, Killing At Least 7
October 01 2014 12:51 AM
The Taliban, fighting to oust foreign forces and the U.S-backed government, claimed responsibility for the attacks in the east and west of Kabul.
- JPMorgan To Face US Class Action In $10 Billion MBS Case
September 30 2014 8:15 PM
A federal judge said JPMorgan Chase & Co must face a class action lawsuit by investors who claimed the bank misled them about the safety of mortgage-backed securities it sold before the financial crisis.
- UK Clocks Strong Growth In Q2
September 30 2014 5:34 AM
Official data showed Britain's economic output exceeded its peak before the 2008-09 recession in the third quarter of 2013.
- RBS Frees Up $1.3B Of Provisions As Economy Improves
September 30 2014 4:50 AM
RBS said on Tuesday it also expected losses from bad loans to be "significantly" lower than its previous guidance.
- Rising Volcanic Activity On Mount Ontake Stops Recovery Operations
September 30 2014 1:07 AM
Twelve bodies have been recovered from the 3,067-metre (10,062 feet) peak but at least 36 are feared to have died.
- Modi Promises A Return To Market Reforms
September 30 2014 12:51 AM
Modi spoke at a breakfast with 11 CEOs during his first U.S. visit since coming to power in May.
- Indian Finance And Defense Minister Could Skip US Trip
September 30 2014 12:36 AM
Arun Jaitley is due to attend a World Bank meeting in Washington in October, and also visit the Pentagon.
- China Regulator Approves Apple's iPhone 6 For Sale In China
September 29 2014 11:01 PM
The iPhone 6 can now be sold in China, after Apple received a license for the device to be used on China's wireless networks.
- Jeter Closes Career With Hit Against Boston Rivals
September 29 2014 12:06 PM
At Fenway Park, the Yankees legend played the final game of his career.
- Swiss Bank UBS Says It Has Started FX Settlement Talks
September 29 2014 7:31 AM
Britain's FCA was reportedly talking to UBS and five other banks about a possible settlement worth hundreds of millions of pounds.
- Lloyds Bank Dismisses 8 Staff After Rate-Rigging Investigation
September 29 2014 6:41 AM
Nearly $5 million in unpaid bonuses had been forfeited as a result of the action.
- Seven Ukrainian Soldiers Killed In Rebel Attack Despite Cease-Fire
September 29 2014 5:41 AM
It was the largest loss of life among Ukrainian soldiers in a single incident since the ceasefire began on Sept. 5.
- US-Led Raids Hit Islamic State In North, East Syria
September 29 2014 3:17 AM
Syria's army also carried out air raids in Aleppo province overnight, as well as in Hama in western Syria.
- UBS Launches Share-For-Share Exchange For New Holding Company
September 29 2014 2:30 AM
The changes to UBS's legal structure will not affect its strategy, the bank said.