Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Mortgage Mess Pushes BofA Into Red
April 16 2014 7:33 AM
Costs hanging over from the financial crisis created a half billion dollar loss for the bank in its first quarter.
- UK Unemployment Rate Falls Below BOE Threshold
April 16 2014 5:12 AM
The unemployment rate fell to a level below the one originally set by the Bank of England for considering an increase in interest rates.
- China's Growth Slows To 7.4% In 1st Quarter
April 15 2014 10:26 PM
The January-March GDP figure, while showing a decline, still beat forecasts.
- At Least 1 Dead, 147 Rescued From Sinking South Korean Ferry
April 15 2014 8:49 PM
The vessel is said to have been carrying 476 people aboard, most of whom are school students.
- Democrats Gain Ground On Health Care: Poll
April 15 2014 7:09 PM
Upbeat news on Obamacare signups has given the administration an advantage over Republicans.
- Yahoo Posts Modest Q1 Revenue Growth
April 15 2014 4:40 PM
Revenue, excluding fees paid to partner websites, was $1.087 billion in the first quarter compared to $1.074 billion in the year ago period.
- More Russia Sanctions Likely: US
April 15 2014 2:22 PM
Envoys from Russia, Ukraine, the European Union and the United States are scheduled to meet Thursday to discuss the Ukraine crisis.
- Brazil's Prosperity Boosts Education, Skills, Lowers Unemployment
April 15 2014 1:15 PM
Brazil's growing prosperity is allowing teenagers to stay in school for longer instead of searching for jobs to support their families.
- Ukraine 'Special Operation' Against Separatists Begins
April 15 2014 12:10 PM
Gunfire could be heard from the airfield at the town of Kramatorsk in eastern Ukraine; Ukrainian troops were seen disembarking from helicopters.
- Libya To Export First Oil Since Rebel Deal
April 15 2014 11:06 AM
Libya is a major supplier of oil for Mediterranean refineries, and sustained oil exports from the country should lower Brent crude prices.
- EU Split Preventing New Russia Sanctions
April 15 2014 10:56 AM
European Union diplomats said there was little prospect of a special summit to discuss additional sanctions because positions are so far apart.
- Russia Says Ukraine On Brink Of Civil War
April 15 2014 9:44 AM
The most serious East-West crisis since the end of the Cold War shows no signs of de-escalating.
- Russia Deeply Involved In Eastern Ukraine, NATO Says
April 15 2014 9:32 AM
NATO called on Russia to "de-escalate the crisis ... pull back its troops from Ukraine's borders, to stop destabilizing the situation."
- Georgia - One Eye On West, One On East
April 15 2014 9:15 AM
Russia's intervention in Ukraine has Georgians worried about another Russia move - this time to the critical Caucuses land bridge.
- Coke Revenue Beats Estimates On China Performance
April 15 2014 9:04 AM
Global case volumes rose 2% in the quarter, while those in China rose 12%, due to increased marketing.
- Xi Calls For Boosting China's Space Power
April 14 2014 11:28 PM
Chinese say the president's call is a response to US ambitions in space.
- Iran Seeks UN Action On Visa For Envoy
April 14 2014 10:10 PM
Hamid Abutalebi is accused of taking part in the takeover of the U.S. Embassy in Tehran in 1979.
- Drone Search For MH370 Wreckage Suspended
April 14 2014 8:19 PM
Searchers are confident they know the approximate position of wreckage of the missing plane.
- Hate Crime Charges Likely In Killings At Kansas Jewish Sites
April 14 2014 8:12 PM
Suspect Frazier Glenn Cross has a record as a "raging anti-Semite."
- Predators Fire Longtime Head Coach Trotz
April 14 2014 2:40 PM
Barry Trotz was let go after Nashville missed the playoffs for the second year in a row.