Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Injured Russian Skier Flown To Germany
February 16 2014 1:53 PM
Russian Olympic skicross racer Maria Komissarova was hospitalized in Sochi before being flown to Germany.
- Motion Picture Child Star Shirley Temple Passes Away At 85
February 11 2014 7:43 AM
Black lifted America's spirits as a bright-eyed, dimpled child movie star during the Great Depression.
- NFL Hopeful Michael Sam Comes Out As Gay
February 10 2014 10:00 AM
Even as 17 states and the federal government have moved to expand gay rights, including same-sex marriage, U.S. sports have been seen as lagging in acceptance of gay and lesbian athletes.
- Monfils Beats Holder Gasquet To Win Montpellier Title
February 09 2014 3:23 PM
The 30th-ranked Frenchman, who has suffered from a series of injuries in the past two years, looks back to his best and now has a 12-2 win-loss record so far this season.
- Pistons Fire Coach Maurice Cheeks: Reports
February 09 2014 3:17 PM
Cheeks has been in charge of the National Basketball Association team for just 50 games since taking the job last June.
- Kotsenburg Gets Sochi Off To Golden Start
February 09 2014 3:33 AM
Sage Kotsenburg won the inaugural men's slopestyle competition, and the first gold for the U.S. in 2014.
- Americans Dismiss Reports Of Judging Conspiracy
February 08 2014 3:09 PM
L'Equipe reported that the U.S. and Russia are conspiring to help each other.
- Yankees' Rodriguez Drops Lawsuits Against MLB
February 08 2014 4:39 AM
The New York slugger has given up a long legal challenge to his record suspension.
- Ronaldo's Appeal Against Suspension Rejected
February 07 2014 12:25 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo, 29, who tops the league scoring charts with 22 goals, was sent off during Sunday's draw with Athletic Bilbao following a fracas with Carlos Gurpegui and Ander Iturraspe.
- Lack of World Cup Doping Lab Won't Affect Testing - WADA
February 07 2014 12:20 PM
Samples taken at the World Cup will need to be flown across the Atlantic to Switzerland, raising doubts that positive tests from players will be discovered before their next matches.
- Nadal Out Of Buenos Aires Tournament
February 07 2014 2:35 AM
The Spaniard is suffering from a stomach bug following his back injury.
- SAC's Martoma Found Guilty Of Insider Trading
February 06 2014 9:11 PM
It is the eighth insider trading conviction of someone at SAC Capital, which has long been in the cross-hairs of the FBI and the U.S. attorney in Manhattan.
- St. Louis Replaces Injured Stamkos For Canada
February 06 2014 5:13 PM
Hockey Canada said in a statement that Steve Stamkos, twice winner of the Rocket Richard trophy as the NHL's goal-scoring champion, had not been cleared to take part in the Olympic tournament that starts on February 12 after a scan revealed his fractured right tibia had not healed sufficiently.
- Sochi Games Protest? Russian Snowboarder Not Saying
February 06 2014 11:31 AM
Alexei Sobolev competed in the slopestyle event on Thursday with a symbol on his snowboard showing a figure with a ski mask and a knife.
- Disney Shares Climb As 'Frozen' Heats Up Profit
February 05 2014 7:52 PM
The company's five major business units reported higher profit, with the largest gain at Disney's movie studio.
- Beckham Plans To Make Miami Team A Global Soccer Franchise
February 05 2014 2:20 PM
David Beckham has high hopes for his MLS expansion club.
- White Out Of Slopestyle As Sochi Opening Nears
February 05 2014 2:14 PM
American snowboarding star Shaun White has pulled out of the slopestyle due to safety concerns.
- Indonesia's GDP Growth At Slowest Rate In 4 Years
February 05 2014 12:23 AM
Interest rate hikes by the central bank and a cooling of commodities trade are blamed.
- Heyward Agrees To Two-Year Deal With Braves
February 04 2014 7:42 PM
Jason Heyward's contract is worth a guaranteed $13.3 million along with performance incentives.
- Senate Passes Farm Bill, Sends It To Obama For Signature
February 04 2014 3:54 PM
The Senate voted 68-32 to pass the bill, which is more than a year overdue after congressional negotiations were caught up on a various issues.