- Yemeni Government And Houthi Rebels Reach Agreement, UN Envoy Says
September 20 2014 6:53 PM
Medical sources said 13 Houthis had died on Saturday in fighting with the army in the capital.
- Afghan Presidential Rivals At Last Reach Unity Deal After Disputed Vote
September 20 2014 5:11 PM
One of the new president's first tasks is likely to be signing a bilateral security agreement with the United States.
- Almost One-Quarter Of Americans Open To Secession [POLL]
September 20 2014 2:11 PM
Anger over the Affordable Care Act -- aka Obamacare -- is one driver of secessionist sentiments in the U.S.
- Pope Francis Names Moderate As Archbishop Of Chicago
September 20 2014 12:52 PM
The new Roman Catholic archbishop of Chicago says he does not believe the pope's choice of himself sends a political message.
- Yemen TV Building On Fire As Clashes Continue In Capital
September 20 2014 7:39 AM
After weeks of protests and clashes, the conflict intensified on Thursday when Shi'ite Houthi rebels clashed with the army.
- Hyundai Directors Kept In Dark On Size Of $10B Land Bid
September 20 2014 7:21 AM
Thursday's winning bid sent shares in Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors and Hyundai Mobis plunging, wiping out $8 billion in shareholder value.
- North Korea Claims Miller Sought To Be 'Second Snowden'
September 20 2014 6:10 AM
Matthew Miller, 25, was arrested when he tore up the tourist visa he used to enter the isolated country in April, according to state media.
- Kiev, Rebels Agree To Extra Measures To Ensure Ukraine Cease-Fire
September 20 2014 12:45 AM
Former president Leonid Kuchma said the two sides had agreed to move artillery 9 miles away from the front line.
- German Muslims Condemn Islamic State In Nationwide Day Of Prayer
September 20 2014 12:31 AM
In Berlin, politicians and non-Muslims joined about a thousand faithful to protest against the radical Islamists.
- Vivendi, Telefonica Seal $9.3B Brazilian Broadband Deal
September 19 2014 5:44 AM
Telefonica plans to fold GVT into its Vivo-branded Brazilian mobile phone business.
- Indian Network Fires Anchor For Calling China's Xi 'Eleven'
September 19 2014 5:27 AM
The blooper occurred on a show on Doordarshan news on Wednesday.
- Nepal Approves $1.4B Hydroelectric Plant Project
September 19 2014 4:52 AM
Officials said GMR and another Indian firm, Satluj Vidyut Nigam, plan to construct other hydroelectric plants in Nepal.
- Obama Nominates Indian-American As Ambassador To India
September 19 2014 1:01 AM
Richard Verma will be the first Indian-American to do the job.
- SAP Snaps Up Concur For $7.3B
September 18 2014 6:07 PM
The deal strengthens SAP's hold on the back-office software market.
- Ebola Death Toll Reaches 2,622
September 18 2014 9:23 AM
At least 2,622 people have died in the worst outbreak of Ebola virus in history, which has so far infected at least 5,335 people in West Africa, the World Health Organization (WHO) said on Thursday.
- US Jobless Claims Drop, Labor Market Firms Up
September 18 2014 9:22 AM
The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week.
- Toshiba To Cut 900 Jobs
September 18 2014 5:27 AM
- US To Press India On Trade Row During Modi's Washington Visit
September 18 2014 1:22 AM
Assistant Secretary of State Nisha Biswal said the WTO agreement to ease worldwide customs rules would "certainly" be a topic for conversation.
- US House Votes To Arm Syrian Rebels, But Questions Remain
September 17 2014 7:26 PM
The House voted 273 to 156 to authorize the plan, a test of support for Obama's campaign to "degrade and destroy" ISIS.
- US House Passes Bill To Avert Government Shutdown, Extend Export-Import Bank
September 17 2014 6:51 PM
The measure also contains a separately approved authorization for the Defense Department to arm moderate Syrian rebels to fight ISIS.