- Liberia Shuts Border To Curb Ebola Spread
July 27 2014 9:23 PM
Under the new health measures, public gatherings such as marches, demonstrations and promotional advertisements also will be restricted.
- Syria Retakes Homs Gas Field From Hardline Group
July 27 2014 1:38 PM
Syria says dozens of rebels were killed in operation to retake Sha'ar gas field near Homs.
- France Urges Nationals To Leave Libya Due To Security Situation
July 27 2014 1:28 PM
The U.S. evacuated its embassy Saturday.
- German Fin Min: Russian Sanctions Necessary
July 27 2014 12:41 PM
Tougher sanctions against Russia are necessary, no matter their effect on the economy, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble says.
- Scandal-Scarred Food Firm In China Pulls All Products, US Parent Says
July 27 2014 2:35 AM
OSI Group indicated it would “withdraw from the marketplace” all products made by Shanghai Husi.
- Federal Judge Rules DC Ban On Handguns Unconstitutional
July 26 2014 8:20 PM
A federal judge on Saturday overturned Washington D.C.'s ban on carrying handguns outside the home, saying it was unconstitutional.
- Families Mourn Victims Of Air Algerie Crash In Mali
July 26 2014 7:46 PM
Family members of those killed on the Air Algerie flight that crashed in Mali were taken to the wreckage to grieve on Saturday as French President Francois Hollande announced three days of mourning.
- Israel Extends Gaza Humanitarian Cease-Fire For 24 Hours
July 26 2014 6:02 PM
Israel's security cabinet approved extending the humanitarian ceasefire begun early on Saturday until midnight local time (1700 EST) on Sunday, an Israeli government official said.
- Mayor Of Central Ukrainian City Shot Dead
July 26 2014 5:53 PM
The mayor of the central Ukrainian town of Kremenchuk was shot dead on Saturday and the house of another mayor in Lviv to the West was hit by fire from a grenade launcher, the Interior Ministry said.
- Tyson Foods To Shut 3 Factories, Cut 950 Jobs
July 26 2014 1:33 PM
The largest meat processor in the U.S. denies that the move is related to its recent acquisition of Hillshire Brands.
- Goldman Sachs Downgrades Stocks To Neutral From Overweight
July 26 2014 5:29 AM
Goldman Sachs downgraded its global equities allocation to neutral only in the short term, as the brokerage is still overweight stocks in the longer term.
- Former WWE Champ Daniel Bryan Takes Down Suspected Burglar In Phoenix
July 26 2014 2:41 AM
Former World Wrestling Entertainment heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan employed a rear naked chokehold to subdue the suspect.
- FBI Investigates Ford Engineer After Listening Devices Found
July 25 2014 6:54 PM
"Ford and the FBI are working together on a joint investigation involving a former employee," Ford spokeswoman Susan Krusel said. "As this is an ongoing investigation, we are not able to provide additional details."
- Citigroup Unit To Pay $5M In Settlement Of SEC Charges
July 25 2014 4:45 PM
The Securities and Exchange Commission said the unit, LavaFlow Inc., is settling the civil case without admitting or denying the charges.
- Republicans Might Try To Impeach Obama: White House Aide
July 25 2014 3:37 PM
Dan Pfeiffer, one of Obama's longest-serving advisers, told reporters that the executive actions Obama will approve at the end of the summer aimed at tackling illegal immigration will likely generate ire from Republicans who have blocked comprehensive immigration legislation.
- Argentina Plans Default, Creditors Say
July 25 2014 8:26 AM
Argentina default seen as imminent, NML says.
- India Blocks WTO Deal On Customs Rules
July 25 2014 5:34 AM
Diplomats from the 160 WTO member countries were supposed to rubber stamp a deal on "trade facilitation."
- BSkyB To Pay $8B To Create Sky Europe
July 25 2014 4:55 AM
21st Century Fox is expected to use the proceeds from its partial exit from Europe to fuel its pursuit in the United States of Time Warner.
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Outlook
July 25 2014 12:01 AM
The IMF warned that richer nations in particular faced the risk of economic stagnation unless they took steps to foster sustainable growth.
- Argentine Debt Mediator: Time Running Out For Deal
July 24 2014 10:11 PM
"The issues separating the parties remain unresolved at this time. The time for the Republic to avoid default (July 30) is short," mediator Daniel Pollack said.