- Flight MH17 Black Boxes Are In Britain: Ukraine
July 23 2014 5:15 AM
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 is believed to have been downed by a surface-to-air missile over eastern Ukraine.
- Five Held In China Food Scandal Probe
July 23 2014 3:01 AM
McDonald's, Yum Brands and other global brands pulled products from their outlets after Shanghai Husi supplied expired meat in China and Japan.
- Indonesian President-Elect Calls For Unity After Bitter Election
July 23 2014 12:22 AM
It was the closest and most bitterly fought election in Indonesia's history, pitting Joko "Jokowi" Widodo against former general Prabowo Subianto.
- Microsoft Revenue Rises, Profit Falls As Nokia Absorbed
July 22 2014 4:59 PM
Shares of the world's largest software company, which hit 14-year highs this week, were flat in after-hours trading.
- Putin Denounces West, Says He Will Use Influence On Ukraine Rebels
July 22 2014 12:35 PM
President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday Russia would try to ensure Ukrainian separatists cooperate with an investigation into the downing of a Malaysian airliner, but said the West must do more to persuade Kiev to end hostilities.
- Appeals Court Strikes Down IRS Rule On Obamacare Subsidies
July 22 2014 10:59 AM
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday threw out a federal regulation that implements key subsidies that are vital to President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit accepted one of the main legal challenges to the policy by conservatives opposed to an expansion of the federal government.
- Sterling, Ballmer Reportedly In Deal Talks
July 22 2014 8:58 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers continue to be embroiled in a ownership saga.
- China Food Scandal Spreads To Japan
July 22 2014 3:18 AM
A Tokyo-based spokesman for McDonald's in Japan said the company had sourced about a fifth of its Chicken McNuggets from Shanghai Husi.
- Sterling, Ballmer Discuss Possible Clippers Deal: Reuters
July 22 2014 1:03 AM
Sterling and his wife, Shelly Sterling, are locked in a court battle over whether Sterling has legal standing to block the NBA-record sale to Ballmer.
- Time Warner Moves To Bar Shareholders From Calling Meetings
July 21 2014 10:19 PM
Fox made an offer for Time Warner for about $80 billion or about $85 per share in a mix of stock and cash that Time Warner rebuffed, both companies disclosed last week.
- Argentina Asks US Judge To Put Debt Payment Order On Hold
July 21 2014 9:30 PM
Ahead of a July 30 deadline to reach a deal or face a new default, Argentina filed papers asking a New York federal judge to stay a ruling that it pay the holdout investors $1.33 billion plus interest.
- Nigeria Boko Haram Attack Causes Over 15,000 To Flee
July 21 2014 8:03 PM
Nigerian government spokesman appeared to deny Boko Haram had taken over Damboa.
- Netflix Profit More Than Doubles
July 21 2014 4:54 PM
The company's profit rose to $71 million, or $1.15 per share, for the second quarter ended June 30 from $29.5 million, or 49 cents per share, a year earlier.
- 10 Killed In Air Strike North Of Baghdad
July 21 2014 3:26 PM
The attack targeted the town of Hawija, which is controlled by Sunni Muslim insurgents from the Islamic State and other groups opposed to Iraq's Shi'ite-led government.
- Barclays' Dark Pool Trading Volume Falls After Lawsuit
July 21 2014 2:43 PM
Volume in Barclays' "dark pool" electronic trading venue has slumped by 79 percent in the days after New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman filed a lawsuit against the bank, data showed on Monday.
- Biden To Putin: 'I Don’t Think You Have A Soul'
July 21 2014 11:12 AM
Vladimir Putin has no soul, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden concluded after meeting with the Russian leader at the Kremlin in 2011, according to an article in the New Yorker published online on Monday.
- Wall Street Slips With Ukraine, Gaza In Focus
July 21 2014 10:57 AM
U.S. stocks fell on Monday, following the sharpest moves in indexes in the past three months during the two previous sessions, as developments in Ukraine and the Gaza Strip continue to garner investor focus.
- India's Nod Crucial For Potential $1 Trillion Trade Pact
July 21 2014 6:17 AM
A failure could prove disastrous for the moribund World Trade Organization (WTO) and the system of global free trade deals it underpins.
- Fighting Erupts In Ukraine As Crash Investigators Arrive
July 21 2014 5:18 AM
The first international investigators reached rebel-held territory in eastern Ukraine on Monday.
- UN Security Council To Take Ukraine Vote Monday
July 20 2014 10:58 PM
It was unclear whether Russia would block the resolution.