- Fukushima Court Rules Against Plant Operator In Suicide Lawsuit
August 26 2014 5:43 AM
The civil suit by Mikio Watanabe claimed that Tokyo Electric Power Co Inc (Tepco) was to blame for the July 2011 death of his wife.
- Qatar Seeks To Free More US Hostages In Syria
August 26 2014 5:23 AM
The wealthy country has mediated the release of foreign and Syrian captives on several occasions during Syria's 3-year-old civil war.
- California Wine Country Quake Could Cost Billions In Losses
August 26 2014 12:30 AM
The quake struck just as the grape-harvesting season was getting under way in Napa County, a significant wine-producing area.
- Chinese Regulator Says Microsoft Not Transparent With Sales Data
August 26 2014 12:13 AM
The Microsoft investigation comes amid a spate of anti-trust probes against foreign firms in China.
- Drive To Be The Best - McIlroy Or Scott?
August 25 2014 3:39 PM
The future of golf appears to be a dual between Adam Scott and Rory McIlroy.
- Tiger Ends Four-Year Alliance With Coach Foley
August 25 2014 3:35 PM
The golf legend makes the move while recovering from a back injury.
- France's Hollande Demands New Government After Leftist Dissent
August 25 2014 10:26 AM
French President Francois Hollande asked his prime minister on Monday to form a new government, looking to impose his will on the cabinet after rebel leftist ministers had called for an economic policy U-turn.
- Tim Hortons, Burger King Shares Surge On Merger Talks
August 25 2014 8:37 AM
Burger King and Tim Hortons, comparable in size by market value, confirmed their merger discussions late on Sunday, saying the potential deal would create a fast-food powerhouse and that the new entity would be based inCanada.
- Business Confidence Falls Amid Ukraine Crisis And Eurozone Weakness
August 25 2014 8:30 AM
Companies that have business relations with Russia are, on average, more pessimistic than those that do not have them.
- Iraq's Abadi Optimistic On Formation Of New Government
August 25 2014 5:57 AM
Abadi is tasked with forming a power-sharing government that can ease sectarian tensions and counter Islamic State militants.
- French Prime Minister To Form New Government
August 25 2014 4:35 AM
The weakness of the economy was a major factor in Valls seeing his approval rating drop to a new low this month.
- Thai King Endorses Junta Leader As Prime Minister
August 25 2014 3:25 AM
His endorsement, a formality, paves the way for the establishment of an interim government in coming weeks.
- India, Pakistan Intensify Cross-Border Firing
August 25 2014 12:49 AM
The Himalayan region of Kashmir has been a bone of contention between India and Pakistan since both countries became independent in 1947.
- Roche To Buy Biotech Firm InterMune For $8.3B
August 25 2014 12:10 AM
The acquisition would be Roche's largest since 2009, when it bought out the remaining stake it did not own in Genentech for about $47 billion.
- Fed Should Lay Groundwork For Interest-Rate Hikes: Officials
August 24 2014 10:10 AM
The U.S. Federal Reserve has not boosted its interest rates since 2006.
- Unidentified War Planes Strike Libyan Capital For Second Straight Day
August 24 2014 10:08 AM
The recent clashes have constituted the worst fighting since the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi in 2011.
- Ukraine In Defiant Show Of Military Strength
August 24 2014 5:31 AM
The country marked its Independence Day holiday with a parade of military vehicles, some battle-tested, through a Kiev square.
- Egypt Calls For Gaza Cease-Fire As Fighting Rages
August 24 2014 3:47 AM
Hamas rockets have injured two people in Israel, while an Israeli airstrike destroyed a residential tower block in Gaza City.
- Texas Police Chief Gunned Down During Traffic Stop
August 24 2014 1:06 AM
Michael Pimentel died of multiple gunshot wounds suffered in a confrontation with a motorist shortly before noon in Elmendorf, Texas.
- Tripoli Airport Seized By Misrata Forces
August 23 2014 8:03 PM