- Al Qaeda Denies Decline, Acknowledges 'Mistakes' By Its Branches
September 15 2014 9:12 AM
Al Qaeda dismissed as "lies" a U.S. assessment that it is in decline, but a defiant online message issued by the network on Sunday made no mention of the ultra-hardline Islamic State group widely seen as its rival for the leadership of global jihad.
- Gloomy Data On Chinese Factories Hurts Stocks, Oil Prices
September 15 2014 6:41 AM
Brent crude oil slumped to a more than two-year low under $97 per barrel.
- Deal Paves Way For World's Largest Tourism Group
September 15 2014 5:02 AM
Europe's biggest tour operator, TUI Travel, and majority owner TUI AG have agreed on the terms of a merger.
- Russian PM Medvedev Says Western Sanctions Are Testing Country's Strength
September 15 2014 4:04 AM
The EU and the U.S. imposed late last week a fresh set of sanctions against Moscow for its policy on Ukraine.
- Danaher To Buy Nobel Biocare Holding
September 15 2014 2:08 AM
The deal, which has been recommended by Nobel Biocare's board of directors, is expected to be completed in late 2014 or early 2015.
- Boat With African Emigrants Sinks Off Libyan Coast, Several Dead
September 14 2014 11:51 PM
Migrants have been streaming out of North Africa, mostly lawless Libya, in rickety boats in rising numbers for years.
- Libyan PM Accuses Qatar Of Sending Planes With Weapons To Tripoli
September 14 2014 7:27 PM
Analysts say Libya is turning into a conflict zone for competing regional powers.
- Iraq's Allawi Endorses PM, Says Will Help Win Over Sunnis
September 14 2014 1:14 PM
Until now, many Sunni tribal fighters and members of armed factions have sided with Islamic State, convinced the government is the greater of two evils.
- New Sanctions Will Stem Flow Of Big Foreign Oil Projects In Russia
September 14 2014 9:27 AM
“There is no contract sanctity,” a U.S. official said. Accordingly, companies will have 14 days to wind down activities.
- Federal Reserve May Tip Its Hand On Interest-Rate Hikes This Week
September 14 2014 7:45 AM
The U.S. Federal Reserve could signal the timing of its first interest-rate increase in more than eight years Wednesday.
- Hong Kong Democracy Activists Stage 'Black Cloth' Protest
September 14 2014 6:45 AM
Activists marched through Hong Kong Sunday saying they felt betrayed and angry at Beijing's refusal to allow fully-democratic elections.
- Ukraine Soldiers Filmed Wearing SS Insignia Deny Nazi Links
September 14 2014 3:33 AM
Ukrainian Azov battalion fighters depicted on ZDF TV wearing uniforms with swastikas and Nazi runic symbols.
- Pakistani Opposition Urges Supporters To Resist Moves To Curb Protests
September 14 2014 3:04 AM
Demonstrators led by Imran Khan and Tahir ul-Qadri have been locked in a bitter stand-off with the government for weeks.
- EU Seeks Billions To Revive Sluggish Economies
September 14 2014 2:41 AM
The bloc is looking for public-private investments that will create jobs and spur growth, without pushing countries deeper into debt.
- Show Us The Money: EU Seeks Billions To Revive Moribund Economy
September 13 2014 11:01 AM
European Union finance ministers were considering at least four options at a meeting in Milan Saturday.
- China's Factory Growth Falls Near 6-Year Low In August
September 13 2014 9:47 AM
Calls are getting louder for new economic stimulus, by China's central bank or by its government.
- Russian Bodies Returning From Ukraine, Despite Official Denials Of War
September 13 2014 3:39 AM
Despite denials that Russian troops are in Ukraine, families with children in the Russian military are coping with 'mysterious' deaths.
- JPMorgan Hackers Accessed Servers, But Stole No Money: Report
September 13 2014 1:12 AM
Hackers accessed dozens of servers in a cyberattack launched in June, though no money was taken, the New York Times reported.
- HP Exploring Sale Of Photo Sharing Service Snapfish: Source
September 12 2014 9:19 PM
HP is exploring the sale of its photo sharing service Snapfish, and held discussions with private equity and industry buyers, someone close to the matter said, Reuters noted in an exclusive report.
- Islamic State's Twitter Silence Raises Questions
September 12 2014 8:50 PM
Islamic State's Twitter users, which have trumpeted the group's violent acts and world view on the social media service, have gone quiet in past days.