- Five Car Bombs In Baghdad Kill 26: Police, Medics
July 19 2014 11:47 AM
The car bombs were set off in four different districts.
- Worldwide Legal Claims Could Await Malaysia Airlines
July 18 2014 8:02 PM
The lawyers told Reuters they expected at least some of the families of the 283 passengers on board the flight to sue Malaysia Airlines for damages above the amount they can already seek under an international agreement.
- GE Net Profit Rises, Helped By Jet Engine, Oil Equipment Sales
July 18 2014 7:14 AM
Profits were aided by increases in sales of its jet engines and oil and gas equipment.
- AbbVie Succeeds In Shire Courtship With $53B Deal
July 18 2014 6:11 AM
AbbVie, which makes top-selling arthritis drug Humira, is paying about 52.48 pounds per share for Dublin-based Shire.
- ADB Cuts 2014 Growth Forecast For Southeast Asia To 4.7%
July 18 2014 12:33 AM
The ADB kept its growth forecast for China at 7.5 percent in 2014 and 7.4 percent in 2015.
- CBS CEO Says He Will Look At CNN If It Goes Up For Sale
July 17 2014 10:34 PM
CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said the media company would look at CNN if it goes up for sale as part of a merger with Rupert Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox Inc.
- A 'Big 'Phew!' - NY Transit Strike Averted
July 17 2014 8:07 PM
A threatened strike on New York's Long Island Rail Road was averted on Thursday when the transit authority and labor unions reached a tentative contract deal.
- Malaysia Airlines Jet Crash Insurance May Pose Quandary
July 17 2014 5:49 PM
Malaysia Airlines said air traffic controllers lost contact with flight MH-17 as it flew over eastern Ukraine toward the Russian border, bound for Asia.
- Google Q2 Revenue Increases 22%
July 17 2014 4:51 PM
Revenue in the three months ended June 30 totaled $15.96 billion, compared to $13.11 billion in the year ago period.
- BREAKING: Malaysian Passenger Plane Crashes In Ukraine Near Russian border
July 17 2014 11:29 AM
A Malaysian passenger airliner with 295 people on board crashed in Ukraine near the Russian border, Interfax cited an aviation industry source as saying on Thursday.
- Morgan Stanley Quarterly Profit More Than Doubles
July 17 2014 8:03 AM
Morgan Stanley, ranked No. 2 globally in mergers-and-acquisitions, benefited from a strong equities market in the quarter.
- New Sanctions Cause Russian Shares And Ruble To Tumble
July 17 2014 5:17 AM
The new U.S. sanctions effectively shut off medium- and longer-term dollar funding for companies close to Vladimir Putin.
- Microsoft Expected To Announce Thousands Of Job Cuts On Thursday
July 17 2014 3:57 AM
What could be the deepest job cuts in the company's 39-year history come five months into the tenure of CEO Satya Nadella.
- Typhoon Kills At Least 38 In The Philippines, Heads For China
July 17 2014 1:41 AM
Officials estimate that Typhoon Rammasun, the strongest storm to hit the Philippines this year, destroyed about 7,000 houses and damaged 19,000.
- GM Believes Some Cars With Faulty Switches Are Safe: Reuters
July 17 2014 1:30 AM
GM has recalled nearly 15 million cars this year over switch issues.
- Italy Wants Indian, UK Nationals Arrested In Bribery Case
July 17 2014 1:20 AM
The bribes were allegedly paid for a 560 million euro ($757 million) order to supply 12 presidential helicopters to India in 2010.
- Explosions, Gunfire Heard Near Kabul Airport: Witness
July 16 2014 10:25 PM
The attack on the airport comes at a time of great uncertainty for Afghanistan as votes from the second round of a disputed presidential election are to be recounted.
- Libyan Air Controllers Strike To Protest Against Airport Shelling
July 16 2014 9:01 PM
The strike puts pressure on rival militias to end four days of heavy fighting over control of the country's biggest airport, during which at least 20 aircraft have been damaged in the worst violence in the Libyan capital for six months.
- Apple-IBM Deal Dents BlackBerry's Prospects, Slams Stock
July 16 2014 7:15 PM
The Apple-IBM tie up, beginning this fall, is set to target the customer base that BlackBerry needs to woo as part of a turnaround under new Chief Executive Officer John Chen.
- PayPal Helps eBay Revenue Jump 13% Despite Tough Competition
July 16 2014 5:36 PM
Some analysts said a change in Google Inc's algorithm in the quarter may also have pushed eBay results lower in search rankings, leading to slower traffic.