- BSkyB To Pay $8B To Create Sky Europe
July 25 2014 4:55 AM
21st Century Fox is expected to use the proceeds from its partial exit from Europe to fuel its pursuit in the United States of Time Warner.
- IMF Cuts Global Growth Outlook
July 25 2014 12:01 AM
The IMF warned that richer nations in particular faced the risk of economic stagnation unless they took steps to foster sustainable growth.
- Argentine Debt Mediator: Time Running Out For Deal
July 24 2014 10:11 PM
"The issues separating the parties remain unresolved at this time. The time for the Republic to avoid default (July 30) is short," mediator Daniel Pollack said.
- GM Takes $874M Recall-Related Charge, Driving Down Profits
July 24 2014 8:36 AM
GM sees cost of at least $400 million for its victims' compensation fund for those killed or injured by a defective ignition switch.
- Ford Profit Beats Expectations, Sets Record For North America
July 24 2014 7:31 AM
Ford set a record for operating profit in North America.
- Taiwan Says Weather Not Seen As Cause Of Plane Crash That Killed 48
July 24 2014 5:26 AM
The plane, a 70-seat ATR 72, crashed near the runway while trying to land on the small island of Penghu, west of Taiwan island.
- Stimulus Boosts Order Books At Chinese Factories
July 24 2014 1:02 AM
It was the highest reading since January 2013, but some analysts say the recovery appears patchy, and more stimulus may be needed.
- Sterling Marriage 'Stress' At Issue as LA Clippers Trial Nears End
July 23 2014 10:22 PM
Sterling's bid to block the $2 billion sale of the Clippers in a probate trial reached its final stretch when his attorneys sought to prove his estranged wife improperly seized control of the franchise.
- AT&T's New Device Financing Plan Weighs On Revenue
July 23 2014 9:50 PM
Faced with mounting pressure from competitors, AT&T has unbundled service and device charges, and slashed its family data plan and shared value plan prices as it tries to attract customers in a nearly saturated market.
- AT&T, Chernin Group Close To Buying Majority Slice Of Fullscreen: Report
July 23 2014 7:58 PM
AT&T Inc and the Chernin Group are close to buying a majority slice of Fullscreen, in a deal that will value the popular YouTube video network at $200 million to $300 million, said tech blog Re/code, citing sources familiar with the target company.
- Lab Director Behind Anthrax Mishap Resigns: CDC
July 23 2014 6:02 PM
The director of U.S. bioterror lab that potentially exposed many workers to live anthrax resigned, the CDC said on Wednesday, according to Reuters in an exclusive report.
- AT&T Falls Short Of Revenue Estimates, Sees Record Low Churn
July 23 2014 4:48 PM
The No. 2 U.S. mobile provider earned $3.6 billion, or 68 cents per share, in the second quarter.
- South Korea Ferry Fugitive Hid In Cabin Wall, Suitcases Of Cash At Hand
July 23 2014 7:11 AM
The cabin is on the outskirts of Suncheon, in the south of the country, about two km from the plum orchard where his corpse was found.
- Flight MH17 Black Boxes Are In Britain: Ukraine
July 23 2014 5:15 AM
Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 is believed to have been downed by a surface-to-air missile over eastern Ukraine.
- Five Held In China Food Scandal Probe
July 23 2014 3:01 AM
McDonald's, Yum Brands and other global brands pulled products from their outlets after Shanghai Husi supplied expired meat in China and Japan.
- Indonesian President-Elect Calls For Unity After Bitter Election
July 23 2014 12:22 AM
It was the closest and most bitterly fought election in Indonesia's history, pitting Joko "Jokowi" Widodo against former general Prabowo Subianto.
- Microsoft Revenue Rises, Profit Falls As Nokia Absorbed
July 22 2014 4:59 PM
Shares of the world's largest software company, which hit 14-year highs this week, were flat in after-hours trading.
- Putin Denounces West, Says He Will Use Influence On Ukraine Rebels
July 22 2014 12:35 PM
President Vladimir Putin said on Tuesday Russia would try to ensure Ukrainian separatists cooperate with an investigation into the downing of a Malaysian airliner, but said the West must do more to persuade Kiev to end hostilities.
- Appeals Court Strikes Down IRS Rule On Obamacare Subsidies
July 22 2014 10:59 AM
A U.S. appeals court on Tuesday threw out a federal regulation that implements key subsidies that are vital to President Barack Obama's healthcare overhaul. The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit accepted one of the main legal challenges to the policy by conservatives opposed to an expansion of the federal government.
- Sterling, Ballmer Reportedly In Deal Talks
July 22 2014 8:58 AM
The Los Angeles Clippers continue to be embroiled in a ownership saga.