- Lax Testing Possibly At Fault For Dreamliner Battery Woes: Japan
September 25 2014 5:52 AM
Boeing said its tests on the battery were in line with regulations.
- Islamist Fighters Advance In Syria Despite US Strikes
September 25 2014 12:16 AM
Obama, speaking at the UN, asked the world to join together to fight the militants and vowed to keep up military pressure against them.
- Bash, Security Bug In Linux, Called Major Threat
September 24 2014 7:24 PM
The software is used to control the command prompt on many Linux computers.
- Pentagon Still Investigating If Khorasan Leader Killed In Syria
September 24 2014 12:46 PM
"We just don't have a confirmation to make at this point," said Pentagon spokesman Colonel Steve Warren. "We don't have personnel on the ground to verify, so we're continuing to assess."
- NFL Sponsors Should Sever Ties Over Scandals: Poll
September 24 2014 12:26 PM
More than half of Americans believe that brands should drop their sponsorship deals with the National Football League over its handling of players accused of domestic violence, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.
- NATO Sees Significant Pullback Of Russian Troops From Ukraine
September 24 2014 7:17 AM
As recently as a week ago, NATO said it believed Russia still had around 1,000 soldiers inside Ukraine.
- Pimco ETF Faces SEC Probe
September 24 2014 5:54 AM
Gross, co-founder and chief investment officer of Pimco, and other executives have reportedly been interviewed by the SEC as part of the probe.
- ECB To Keep Loose Policy 'For Long Time:' Draghi
September 24 2014 5:12 AM
Draghi has in recent days signaled the bank was ready to use additional unconventional tools to spur inflation and growth.
- Taiwan Investigates Xiaomi
September 24 2014 2:58 AM
Some Xiaomi phones automatically send user data to the firm's servers in Beijing, where the company is headquartered.
- Suu Kyi's Myanmar Party Eyes Ex-General For President
September 24 2014 12:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize winner Suu Kyi, 69, is barred by the constitution from becoming president.
- Chinese Court Jails Uighur Scholar For Life For Separatism
September 23 2014 4:17 AM
Economics professor Ilham Tohti, 44, stood trial for two days last week on separatism charges in the western region of Xinjiang.
- Modi To Get Rock Star Reception In New York
September 23 2014 12:40 AM
The event will be emceed by prominent members of the Indian American community.
- Germany's Merck To Buy Sigma-Aldrich For $17B
September 23 2014 12:29 AM
Merck, which has been hit by several drug development failures, wants its own pharmaceuticals business to remain a medium-sized entity.
- Arab Bank Liable Over Hamas Attacks
September 22 2014 6:33 PM
A U.S. jury found Arab Bank liable for providing material support to Hamas.
- Federer Replaces Injured Nadal In New League
September 22 2014 9:05 AM
Rafa Nadal withdrew from the International Premier Tennis League, but Roger Federer replaced him.
- Islamic State Tells Followers To Attack US, French Citizens
September 22 2014 7:24 AM
The United States is building an international coalition to combat the radical Sunni Muslim group.
- Taliban Reject Afghan Unity Government Pact As US 'Sham'
September 22 2014 6:41 AM
Ghani was scheduled to hold his first news briefing as president-elect later on Monday.
- Syrian Airstrikes In Northwest Kill More Than 40
September 22 2014 4:59 AM
The attacks hit territory in and around the towns of Saraqeb and Ehsim in Idlib province on Sunday.
- Accused White House Intruder Is Decorated Iraq War Veteran
September 22 2014 12:18 AM
The incident was one of the most significant breaches at the White House since Obama became president in 2009.
- Siemens To Buy Dresser-Rand For $7.6B
September 22 2014 12:03 AM
The German industrial conglomerate had long coveted Dresser-Rand, which would help it grow its oil and gas business.