- Private employers added 156,000 jobs in April, which is well below economists’ expectations, according to a Wednesday report.
- AB InBev, set to increase its global beer leadership by buying SABMiller, reported lower than expected earnings after it sold 10 percent less beer in its second-largest market.
- The divisions, which will be deployed along Russia's western and southern borders, will be formed by the end of the year.
- France’s second-biggest listed bank said Wednesday that net income rose 6.5 percent in the first three months of the year.
- Sheldon Silver, who had been one of the state's most powerful politicians, was convicted of taking millions in illegal kickbacks.