Articles by Reuters Reporter
- 71 Killed In Nigeria Bus Station Bombing Near Capital
April 14 2014 9:12 AM
Suspicion fell on Boko Haram, though there was no immediate claim of responsibility from slamists who are mainly active in the northeast.
- EU May Impose More Sanctions On Russia
April 14 2014 9:06 AM
A U.K. envoy also said there was no doubt that Moscow was behind the destabilization of eastern Ukraine.
- March US Retail Sales Jump, Beat Estimate
April 14 2014 8:47 AM
Retail sales account for a third of U.S. consumer spending, and a sustained increase bodes well for GDP, earnings and job growth.
- Citigroup Quarterly Earnings Beat Estimates
April 14 2014 8:34 AM
Citigroup's quarterly loss on troubled assets eased to $292 million from $798 million a year earlier - and that aided the bottom line.
- NFL Player Aldon Smith Arrested At Los Angeles Airport
April 13 2014 10:41 PM
The 49ers star made a false bomb threat to screeners.
- Emotional Watson Lands A Second Masters Title
April 13 2014 10:36 PM
The American withstood a challenge from Jordan Spieth for his second title in Masters in three years.
- Undersea 'Robot' Considered For Malaysia Jet Hunt
April 13 2014 8:52 PM
The focus may shift to trying to find wreckage using the sonar and cameras of an Autonomous Underwater Vehicle.
- Pacquiao Defeats Bradley To Regain Title
April 13 2014 5:00 AM
The Filipino star won the WBO welterweight title on Saturday in a unanimous decision.
- Armed Men Seize Control Of City In Eastern Ukraine
April 12 2014 9:30 PM
In what is being called an "act of aggression," pro-Russian activists seized government buildings and a police station, witnesses said.
- Iranians Reject US Visa Denial For UN Envoy [UPDATE]
April 11 2014 5:59 PM
Tehran vows legal action to secure position for Abutalebi, whose alleged role in the 1979 embassy take-over was a deal-breaker for US.
- Why US Consumers Are Feeling Better
April 11 2014 1:19 PM
Historically, sustained increases in consumer sentiment lead to increases in consumer spending -- which boosts U.S. GDP.
- Maple Leafs Name Shanahan As Team President
April 11 2014 12:58 PM
The organization is looking to turn around their fortunes after 37 years without a Stanley Cup.
- Burwell To Lead US Health Dept., Oversee Obamacare Revisions
April 11 2014 11:56 AM
Sylvia Burwell, subject to Senate appointment review, will replace Kathleen Sebelius, who oversaw Obamacare's deeply flawed website rollout.
- Why Ukraine Passed A Key IMF Credit Test
April 11 2014 11:46 AM
The IMF has pledged to cover Ukraine's financing needs of $27 billion over the next two years.
- Russia Will Honor Natural Gas Deal With Europe, Putin Says
April 11 2014 11:04 AM
President Putin also said Russia has no plans to halt deliveries to Ukraine, but it might make Kiev pay up front.
- Heartbleed Bug Found In Cisco, Spreads To Firewalls
April 11 2014 9:30 AM
The widespread bug surfaced late Monday, when it was disclosed that a pernicious flaw existed in a widely used Web encryption program.
- Wells Fargo Profit Beats Estimate
April 11 2014 9:11 AM
The company's lower loan loss provision is yet another data point regarding a growing housing market, and an expanding U.S. economy.
- US Judge Accepts SAC Capital's Guilty Plea, Approves $1.2 Billion Deal
April 10 2014 10:38 PM
At a hearing in Manhattan federal court, U.S. District Judge Laura Taylor Swain accepted SAC Capital's guilty plea to fraud charges and payment of a $900 million fine.
- Sebelius Resigns After Obamacare Launch Missteps
April 10 2014 7:41 PM
President Obama has chosen Sylvia Mathews Burwell, his budget director, to replace Kathleen Sebelius as U.S. health secretary.
- US Says Russia Using Natural Gas To Coerce Ukraine
April 10 2014 3:06 PM
The U.S. said it's taking steps to assist Ukraine, including the provision of emergency finance and technical assistance in energy security.