- Almost 1,000 Attend Memorial Service For Journalist Beheaded By ISIS
September 06 2014 12:33 AM
Murdered journalist Steven Sotloff's was remembered at the memorial service as a person committed to revealing the truth.
- Turkey May Play Quiet Role In US Coalition Against ISIS
September 05 2014 8:52 PM
An ally in the U.S.-led NATO military alliance, Turkey is the only Muslim nation in a "core coalition" of 10 countries committed to battle IS militants in Iraq.
- Mercedes Play Down Suggestion Of Line-Up Change
September 05 2014 6:37 PM
Mercedes would consider dropping one of their title-chasing Formula One drivers only in a "very, very worst case."
- Wozniacki Reaches U.S. Open Final As Injured Peng Retires
September 05 2014 6:30 PM
Caroline Wozniacki as leading 7-6(1) 4-3 before Peng retired from the match.
- Australia, India Close To Civil Nuclear Deal
September 05 2014 6:55 AM
Abbott and Modi were due to hold formal talks later on Friday and sign the deal to sell uranium for peaceful power generation.
- Bitcoin Promoter Pleads Guilty To Unlicensed Use Of Currency
September 05 2014 12:37 AM
U.S. authorities shut down Silk Road last year, though a new version bearing the same name was launched soon thereafter.
- Microsoft, Publishers Try To Stop 'Catastrophic' Google EU Deal
September 04 2014 10:59 PM
The Competition Commissioner is preparing to decide whether to wrap up the case or hand it over to his successor when his mandate ends, after spending three years examining whether Google squeezes out rival services in online search results.
- Russia Attacking Ukraine, NATO Chief Says At Summit
September 04 2014 7:47 AM
Rasmussen's comments stepped up Western rhetoric against Moscow and set the tone for the two-day meeting.
- Manulife Buys Standard Life's Canadian Assets For $3.7B
September 04 2014 6:51 AM
The C$4 billion cash deal will significantly expand Manulife's presence in Quebec and make Standard Life's earnings less volatile.
- Britain Considering Arming, Training Kurdish Forces
September 04 2014 5:08 AM
Britain has so far carried out aid drops and surveillance and transported military supplies to Kurdish regional forces.
- Russia Warns NATO, US Over Ukraine Before Summit
September 04 2014 4:56 AM
Sergei Lavrov also urged Kiev and pro-Russian rebels in eastern Ukraine to back peace moves outlined by President Vladimir Putin.
- Icahn Sells Entire Stake In Family Dollar
September 04 2014 12:18 AM
Icahn became Family Dollar's largest shareholder in June, when he disclosed a 9.4 percent stake in the struggling retailer.
- ECB Meeting Thursday: Draghi vs Germany As Europe's Top Central Banker Backs Stimulus But Merkel Pushes Back
September 03 2014 11:58 AM
The ECB president's monthly news conference will be under minute scrutiny on Thursday.
- Pakistan Protests Ease As Rival Leaders Seek Negotiated Settlement
September 03 2014 6:00 AM
Thousands had tried to storm Sharif's house in protests led by a former cricket star and a firebrand cleric, destabilizing the coup-prone nation.
- US Bank Regulators Set To Adopt Liquidity, Swaps Margin Rules
September 03 2014 3:49 AM
The rules are part of a series of reforms aimed at making banks sturdier and heading off another economic meltdown.
- HK Activists Say Beijing 'Brutally Strangled' Democracy
September 03 2014 12:38 AM
Pro-democracy activists had threatened to lock down the city's financial district on an unspecified date unless China grants full democracy.
- Donetsk Airport At Risk Of Falling Into Rebel Hands
September 03 2014 12:24 AM
Russia denies its troops are involved in fighting on the ground, in the face of what Western countries and Ukraine say is overwhelming evidence.
- Manufacturing, Construction Data Point To Sturdy US Growth
September 02 2014 7:40 PM
Tuesday's upbeat data added to reports on employment and housing that have suggested growth remains sturdy, despite a slowdown in consumer spending in recent months.
- Phillies' Hamels, Bullpen Combine For No-Hitter
September 02 2014 2:00 PM
Cole Hamel struck our seven in the win over the Atlanta Braves on Monday.
- US Cannot Verify Video Purporting To Show US Journalist Beheading
September 02 2014 1:45 PM
A White House spokesman told reporters that if there is such a video, it would be analyzed very carefully, adding that the administration's thoughts and prayers were with Steven Sotloff's family.