Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Sharapova, Williams Ousted From Aussie
January 20 2014 12:07 AM
The No. 3 seed feel to the Slovakian star following Serena Williams's early exit.
- Inspired Ivanovic Stuns Serena In Melbourne
January 19 2014 2:57 PM
Serena Williams fell to Ana Ivanovic on Sunday in the Australian Open.
- Super Bowl Turns Spotlight On New Jersey
January 19 2014 2:49 PM
Focus shifts to MetLife Stadium with the Super Bowl Sunday set for Feb. 2.
- Djokovic Channels Becker To Blow Away Fognini
January 19 2014 2:36 PM
Novak Djokovic, who continues to look like the best favorite to win the Aussie Open, dominated with his serve while thumping Fabio Fognini 6-3 6-0 6-2.
- Sharapova Advances But Still Searching For Form
January 18 2014 1:59 AM
The Russian star was tested in the second set, but held off Alize Corner to move on the Round of 16.
- Djokovic, Serena Stay Hot As Melbourne Cools
January 17 2014 12:15 PM
Williams blasted her way into the fourth round in 100-degree heat.
- GE Profit Rises
January 17 2014 8:21 AM
GE's expansion into the broader energy sector is paying off
- Subsidies Are The $64,000 Question As Apple Rolls Out iPhone With China Mobile
January 17 2014 7:53 AM
The battle between Samsung and Apple moves to subsidies as iPhone rolls out on China Mobile.
- Nadal Thrives, Del Potro Beaten In Scorching Melbourne
January 16 2014 12:18 PM
Rafael Nadal defeated Thanasi Kokkinakis to advance to the third round.
- AOL Selling Off Most Of Troubled Hyperlocal Site Patch
January 15 2014 7:45 PM
AOL will keep just a small stake in the network of local news sites.
- JC Penney Closing 33 Stores At Cost Of 2,000 Jobs
January 15 2014 6:54 PM
The retailer is trying to recover from a 25 percent drop in sales in fiscal 2012 during a failed attempt to go upmarket.
- American Langenbrunner Retires After 16 Seasons
January 15 2014 3:18 PM
Langenbrunner won two Stanley Cups and served as captain of the silver-medal U.S. Olympic team at the 2010 Vancouver Games.
- Djokovic, Serena Keep It Quick To Beat The Heat
January 15 2014 12:18 PM
The tournament favorites advanced to the third round as temperatures in Melbourne peaked at 108 degrees.
- What Does Ford Think Of UK Idea To Exit EU?
January 15 2014 7:45 AM
Ford says it would have to reassess its operations in the U.K. if Britain decided to leave the EU.
- Fukushima Nuclear Plant Operator Gets Japan Gov't OK For Corporate Overhaul
January 15 2014 7:37 AM
The Japanese government approved a plan that Fukushima plant operator hopes will revive company finances.
- Bank Of America Results Are Strong
January 15 2014 7:30 AM
U.S.' second-largest bank posts big profit jump after its loan loss provisions are cut.
- Lions To Hire Caldwell As Head Coach: Report
January 14 2014 3:12 PM
Jim Caldwell previously served as the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens and head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.
- Nadal, Federer, Murray Through In 'Inhumane' Heat
January 14 2014 12:17 PM
Notable players advanced at the Australian Open in temperatures that exceeded 100 degree Fahrenheit.
- Yankees' Rodriguez Asks Federal Judge To Throw Out MLB Suspension
January 13 2014 5:50 PM
The slugger continues to challenge his length doping suspension from baseball.
- Rusty Djokovic, Slick Serena Through In Melbourne
January 13 2014 12:21 PM
The top seeds won in straight sets in the opening round of the 2014 Australian Open.