Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Lions To Hire Caldwell As Head Coach: Report
January 14 2014 3:12 PM
Jim Caldwell previously served as the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens and head coach of the Indianapolis Colts.
- Nadal, Federer, Murray Through In 'Inhumane' Heat
January 14 2014 12:17 PM
Notable players advanced at the Australian Open in temperatures that exceeded 100 degree Fahrenheit.
- Yankees' Rodriguez Asks Federal Judge To Throw Out MLB Suspension
January 13 2014 5:50 PM
The slugger continues to challenge his length doping suspension from baseball.
- Rusty Djokovic, Slick Serena Through In Melbourne
January 13 2014 12:21 PM
The top seeds won in straight sets in the opening round of the 2014 Australian Open.
- Free Of Favorite Tag, Federer Hopes To Flourish In Melbourne
January 11 2014 2:28 PM
The veteran Swiss star is a dark horse to win the 2014 Australian Open.
- Yankees' Rodriguez Banned For 2014 Season By Arbitrator
January 11 2014 2:21 PM
A-Rod will be suspended for the entire 2014 season and playoffs for doping after an independent arbitrator on Saturday rejected the All-Star third baseman's appeal.
- Ford's Mulally Drops Out Of Contention To Head Microsoft
January 07 2014 10:25 PM
"I have no other plans to do anything other than serve Ford," Alan Mulally says.
- Devastated Vonn Out Of Sochi Games With Injury
January 07 2014 12:38 PM
Olympic downhill champion Lindsey Vonn, one of the biggest attractions in winter sport, will miss next month's Sochi Games because she requires surgery on her injured knee.
- Samsung Misses Expectations; Profit Drops 18%
January 06 2014 6:55 PM
The tech giant cited competition from Apple and a special bonus for the disappointing numbers.
- Schumacher's Condition Remains Critical
January 06 2014 2:30 PM
The Formula 1 legend has been in an induced coma since a skiing accident on Dec. 27.
- 49ers Beat Packers In Frigid Wild Card Playoff
January 05 2014 9:04 PM
A field goal from Phil Dawson on the final play of the game won the game for San Francisco, 23-20.
- Hewitt Grinds Down Federer To Claim Brisbane Title
January 05 2014 1:11 PM
In a battle of two veteran tennis stars, Lleyton Hewitt got the better of Roger Federer in Brisbane.
- Paul Sidelined With Separated Shoulder
January 04 2014 1:33 AM
The Clippers guard is expected to be out for 3-5 weeks.
- U.S. Hoping Experience Can Lift Them To Sochi Gold
January 01 2014 8:21 PM
Ryan Miller, the most valuable player at the 2010 Vancouver Winter Games, and Stanley Cup MVP Patrick Kane will head to Sochi looking for gold after being named to the U.S. Olympic men's ice hockey team.
- Schumacher 'Stable', Media Urged To Respect Privacy
January 01 2014 12:20 PM
Schumacher is battling for his life after slamming his head against a rock while skiing off-piste in the French resort of Meribel on Sunday.
- Refreshed Federer Makes Encouraging Start To Year
January 01 2014 12:10 PM
The veteran tennis player has hopes of returning to his winning ways in 2014.
- Schumacher Slightly Better But Fragile: Doctors
December 31 2013 2:59 PM
The 44-year-old German is battling for his life after slamming his head against a rock while skiing off-piste in the French resort of Meribel on Sunday.
- Maple Leafs Sign Captain Phaneuf To Seven-Year Contract
December 31 2013 2:49 PM
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed by the team, but local reports said the contract is worth $49 million.
- China, Iran Look To Boost Oil Trade: Finger In The West's Eye, Or Business As Usual?
December 31 2013 11:34 AM
China may buy more Iranian oil next year, and that would not please the U.S.
- Photo Essay: Digging For White Gold
December 31 2013 9:47 AM
The hilly southern area of Italy's northwestern Piedmont region is the country's capital of white truffles.