- US To Bolster Air, Navy Activity In Northern Australia: Reuters
August 12 2014 5:09 AM
Some 1,150 Marines are stationed in Darwin in Australia's tropical north under a 2011 agreement that launched Obama's "pivot" to Asia.
- Standard Chartered To Scour Records For Money Laundering
August 12 2014 3:17 AM
The outcome of this review could affect any penalties regulators impose on the bank for anti-money laundering lapses.
- WTO Warns Failure Of Global Customs Deal Could Affect Other Talks
August 12 2014 12:29 AM
Late last month, India torpedoed a deal to simplify, standardize and streamline the rules for shipping goods across borders.
- Alaska Senator Urges Kerry To Help Make Canada Mines Safe
August 11 2014 10:11 PM
Millions of gallons of gray sludge containing metals and minerals spilled into waterways last week from Imperial Metals Corp's Mount Polley gold and copper mine in British Columbia.
- Apple Suppliers Begin Production Of New iPad Tablets: Report
August 11 2014 9:54 PM
Mass production of the iPad with a 9.7-inch (24.6-cm) screen has already started, and it is likely to be unveiled by the end of current quarter or early next quarter, Bloomberg said, citing two people familiar with the matter.
- West African Ebola Outbreak Toll Reaches 1,013: WHO
August 11 2014 8:37 PM
The largest number of reported new deaths were in Liberia, where 29 people died, followed by 17 in Sierra Leone and six in Guinea, the WHO said in a statement on its website.
- Postal Service Loses $2 Billion In Second Quarter
August 11 2014 7:08 PM
The U.S. Postal Service continued to bleed money during its second quarter, despite an increase in package revenues and an emergency price hike that took effect in January.
- US Jobs Rose Since '08 Crisis, But Pay Is 23% Less: Report
August 11 2014 5:17 PM
Jobs growth in the U.S. since the 2008 recession has been undermined by lower wages, with workers earning an average 23 percent less than earnings from jobs which were lost, a report by an organization representing U.S. cities said on Monday.
- Russian Assault Likely: NATO
August 11 2014 3:22 PM
President Vladimir Putin said on Monday that Russia is sending an aid convoy to eastern Ukraine despite urgent Western warnings against using humanitarian help as a pretext for an invasion.
- Ukraine's Forces Prepare Final Assault On Rebel-Held Donetsk
August 11 2014 5:40 AM
A spokesman claimed Kiev's forces had now cut Donetsk off from the other main rebel-held city of Luhansk on the border with Russia.
- Gaza Truce Talks Begin In Cairo
August 11 2014 4:08 AM
A month of war has killed 1,910 Palestinians and 67 Israelis while devastating wide tracts of densely populated Gaza.
- China Detains Man In Xinjiang For Rumors About Deadly Attack
August 11 2014 3:25 AM
Xinjiang, home to the Muslim Uighur people, has been beset for years by violence that the government blames on Islamist militants or separatists.
- At Least 39 Killed In Iranian Plane Crash
August 11 2014 12:23 AM
IRNA said that eight or nine had survived and quoted a doctor as saying that one of the injured had regained consciousness.
- Kinder Morgan To Fold Units Into One Company In $70B Deal
August 11 2014 12:06 AM
Kinder Morgan's overall valuation reportedly suffered because it traded as four entities and the market struggled to understand it.
- Pope Says Violence In Iraq Offends God And Humanity
August 10 2014 11:53 PM
Pope Francis thanked volunteers in Iraq and said his personal envoy Cardinal Fernando Filoni would leave Rome for Iraq on Monday.
- Heavy Shelling Resumes In Libyan Capital Tripoli
August 10 2014 1:31 PM
The violence is the worst violence since the 2011 war that toppled Moammar Gaddafi
- Saudi Arabia Jails Four For Seeking To Fight In Syria
August 10 2014 1:13 PM
King Abdullah decreed in February citizens involved in fighting overseas faced up to 20 years in prison.
- Opposition Candidate Concedes Election To Erdogan
August 10 2014 12:59 PM
Opposition candidate congratulates Erdogan on win.
- Australian Parents Of Thai Surrogate Twin Say They Feared Losing Both Babies
August 10 2014 11:53 AM
Parents say they feared surrogate would keep both babies.
- Turkey's Erdogan Takes Early Lead In Presidential Race: TV
August 10 2014 11:45 AM
It's the first direct presidential election.