- Samsung Electronics Says Q2 Profit Likely Down 24.5%, Worst In 2 Years
July 07 2014 9:51 PM
The world's largest smartphone maker has seen profit fall as competition heats up from Chinese makers of low-priced yet feature-heavy handsets, as the market's growth area shifts to low-end handsets in emerging economies.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Approval Of Deal In NFL Concussion Suit
July 07 2014 6:18 PM
The decision by U.S. District Judge Anita Brody comes two weeks after the NFL agreed to remove a $675 million ceiling it had placed on payments to former players who were part of a groundbreaking lawsuit over head injuries experienced during their time in the league.
- CIA Tied To Recruitment Of German Spy
July 07 2014 6:11 PM
CIA Director John Brennan has asked to brief key members of the U.S. Congress on the matter, which threatens a new rupture between Washington and a close European ally, one of the officials said, according to Reuters in an exclusive report.
- Oslo, Almaty, Beijing Named As 2022 Winter Games Candidates
July 07 2014 11:12 AM
The IOC will decided between just three possible host cities.
- Sterlings' Feud Over $2 Billion Clippers Sale Heads To Trial
July 07 2014 11:08 AM
The ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers remains in limbo.
- Bellicose North Korea Lightens Up With Promise Of Cheerleaders
July 06 2014 10:40 PM
- Gunmen Kill 17 In Attacks On Police Stations, Barracks In Uganda
July 06 2014 9:53 AM
The gunmen were not affiliated with ADF-NALU.
- Gunmen Kill At Least 29 In Two Attacks On Kenyan Coast
July 06 2014 9:24 AM
The attacks occurred in Lamu and Tana River counties.
- Nigeria's Military Says It Killed 53 Islamist Boko Haram Fighters
July 06 2014 3:33 AM
The Nigerian armed forces also say they lost five soldiers and a senior military officer during a firefight in Damboa.
- India's New PM Modi Aims At Record Asset Sales In First Budget
July 06 2014 1:16 AM
India’s new government may seek to raise as much as a record $11.7 billion in asset sales in its maiden budget this week.
- Pakistan Fighting Reverses Flow Of Refugees, Stirs Unease In Afghanistan
July 05 2014 10:21 PM
- Brutal Kvitova Stamps Authority On Canadian Upstart
July 05 2014 7:06 PM
Petra Kvitova cruised by Eugenie Boucard in the final, 6-3 6-0.
- Two Militants Blow Themselves Up In Southern Saudi Arabia
July 05 2014 4:53 PM
- Old Foes Meet Again In Wimbledon Final
July 05 2014 10:21 AM
Roger Federer will face Novak Djokovic on Sunday in London.
- US House Panel Battles SEC Over Demand For Documents In Insider-Trading Probe
July 05 2014 7:11 AM
The House Ways and Means Committee says the U.S. Constitution shields it in the case involving a staff member.
- Federer Eyes Record Eighth Title After Crushing Raonic
July 04 2014 5:25 PM
Roger Federer will face Novak Djokovic in the Wimbledon final.
- Iraq's Maliki Says He Will Not Abandon Bid For Third Term As PM
July 04 2014 12:17 PM
Maliki says Sunni militias are making a mistake by joining the Islamic State.
- Hackers Declare 'Nuclear Leak' On Israeli Twitter Account
July 04 2014 11:37 AM
- Ukraine's President Seeks New Crisis Talks On Saturday
July 04 2014 11:10 AM
- Israel Says Iran Nuclear Deal Unlikely By July 20 Deadline
July 04 2014 10:54 AM
Israel says it still is keeping its options open.