Articles by Reuters Reporter
- Red Wings And Maple Leafs Bring Dormant Rivalry Back To Life
December 22 2013 4:28 AM
Two of the NHL's 'Original Six' franchises, the Maple Leafs and Red Wings clashed for the 645th time on Saturday with Detroit skating away with a 5-4 shootout win to level the all-time record for the series at 276-276-93.
- Kubina Retires After 13 Seasons
December 20 2013 3:05 PM
Pavel Kubina, a Stanley Cup champion, All-Star and three-time Olympian has announced his retirement.
- US Sen. Reid Hospitalized After Feeling Ill; Is Alert
December 20 2013 12:33 PM
U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid was hospitalized on Friday after feeling ill but appears to be doing better, his office said in a statement.
- US Economy Grew Faster In Q3 Than Previously Reported
December 20 2013 8:49 AM
Third quarter U.S. growth topped 4 percent, government now says.
- Google's Latest EU Antitrust Case Proposal Shot Down
December 20 2013 7:55 AM
The EU said Google has not gone far enough with its latest proposal to settle an antitrust case.
- Blackberry Inventory Writedown Leads To Big Fiscal Q3 Loss
December 20 2013 7:43 AM
Blackberry's woes continue as the company posts a big loss for charges and and inventory writedown.
- Red Lobster On The Auction Block
December 19 2013 8:54 AM
Darden Restaurants, the parent company of Red Lobster, is looking to offload the struggling seafood chain.
- Facebook's Zuckerberg Selling Shares To Help Fund Tax Bill
December 19 2013 8:47 AM
Mark Zuckerberg's voting power in Facebook shares will dip to 56.1 percent after he sells some shares
- Ford Cautions Weak Europe Will Squeeze 2014 Profits
December 18 2013 10:28 AM
Ford's 2014 results will reflect a still-struggling European economy.
- FedEx Q2 Earnings Miss Estimate, On Unit Slump
December 18 2013 10:19 AM
FedEx's Express Delivery unit, its largest operation, reported that revenue fell in its fiscal second quarter.
- US Housing Starts Strongest Since 2007
December 18 2013 10:12 AM
The latest housing starts data was strong and has some wondering if it will be the trigger for the Fed to taper Wednesday.
- 4 Big Banks Reported Facing Civil Fraud Counts Over Mortgage Securities
December 17 2013 10:03 PM
Citigroup, Merrill Lynch, RBS, Credit Suisse targeted by Justice Department, sources say.
- China Home Prices Keep Surging: November Report
December 17 2013 9:45 PM
Average new home prices in major cuties are up 9.9 percent, and even more in Beijing and Shanghai.
- American Airlines Agrees To Pay Cantor Fitzgerald $135M 9/11 Settlement
December 17 2013 4:11 PM
The settlement, which requires approval from U.S. District Judge Alvin Hellerstein, averts a trial that had been scheduled to begin next month.
- Talk About Tax Breaks - Profiting From Loss The Luxembourg Way
December 17 2013 9:01 AM
Luxembourg's unique tax code allows some firms to look better than they actually are.
- Vettel Hit Formula One For Four
December 17 2013 2:16 AM
Sebastian Vettel enjoyed yet another stellar Formula One season.
- Tucker Powers Ravens Past Lions
December 17 2013 1:19 AM
Justin Tucker kicked a game-winning 61-yard field goal and accounted for all of Baltimore's points on Monday to send the Ravens to an 18-16 win over Detroit.
- Spurs Fire Villas-Boas After Home Humiliation
December 16 2013 12:36 PM
Tottenham sacked their manager after a poor start to the Premier League season.
- First Female CEO At Lloyd's Takes The Reins
December 16 2013 8:35 AM
London's famous insurance group broke with tradition when it appointed its first female CEO.
- AIG To Sell Aircraft Leasing Business In $5.4 Billion Deal
December 16 2013 7:45 AM
AIG will sell its last non-core business as it finally finds a buyer for its aircraft leasing business.