- Militants Take Iraq Dam, Oilfield From Kurds
August 03 2014 11:48 AM
Kurds suffer first major defeat at hands of Islamic State militants.
- Ukraine Stepping Up Donetsk Attacks
August 03 2014 11:33 AM
At least six have died in weekend fighting.
- More Than 20 Die In Libyan Airport Fighting
August 03 2014 10:32 AM
Fighting around the Tripoli airport has led to 22 deaths.
- GM Seeks Alternative Supply In China After Blast Kills Scores At Factory
August 03 2014 6:54 AM
General Motors has requested its main Chinese supplier find an alternative source of components after a blast at a Kunshan factory killed at least 69 people.
- Goldman Leads Group Seeking IM System Stake To Bypass Bloomberg
August 03 2014 6:07 AM
Wall Street firms are close to buying a stake in the instant-messaging startup Perzo Inc. as they pursue an alternative to Bloomberg LP.
- China Offers New Details Of Attacks That Killed Nearly 100 In Xinjiang
August 03 2014 4:58 AM
China made the disclosures about one of the worst incidents of unrest in the country in years on an official news site.
- China Official Services PMI Dips To 6-Month Low
August 03 2014 3:37 AM
Growth in China’s services sector slipped to a six-month low in July as new orders rose at their weakest rate in at least a year.
- Israel: Hamas Will Pay 'Intolerable' Price For More Attacks
August 02 2014 2:59 PM
"We do not accept a continuation of the shooting," Netanyahu told reporters. "It (Hamas) will have to understand, however long that takes, that it will pay an intolerable price, from its perspective, for continuation of the shooting."
- Russia Accuses EU Of Double Standards Over Ukraine
August 02 2014 10:04 AM
Relations between Moscow and Brussels have deteriorated since the EU imposed sanctions on Russia over its involvement in the conflict in eastern Ukraine, where pro-Russian separatists are fighting government forces.
- Hamas Claims Soldier Israel Accused It Of Capturing May Have Died In Ambush
August 01 2014 8:41 PM
The Hamas Islamist group's armed wing in the Gaza Strip said on Saturday it had no clear indication on the whereabouts of an Israeli soldier that Israel has accused them of abducting, adding he may have been killed during an ambush.
- S&P 500 Records Its Largest Weekly Decline Since 2012
August 01 2014 8:11 PM
Shares of Procter & Gamble Co (PG.N), the world's largest maker of household products, rose 3 percent to $79.65 and helped to support the Dow and S&P 500 after it said it could sell about half of its brands in the next two years and cut jobs.
- Republicans Revive Border Security Bills To Speed Deportations
August 01 2014 4:53 PM
The U.S. House of Representatives planned to vote on Friday on revised border security legislation that would make it easier to deport Central American child migrants from the southwestern border, satisfying a key demand from conservative Republicans.
- US Judge Orders Argentina Debt Talks To Continue
August 01 2014 3:51 PM
U.S. District Judge Thomas Griesa in New York criticized the decision by Latin America's No. 3 economy to default on $29 billion in debt earlier in the week rather than pay the holdouts as ordered.
- US Unemployment Rate Inches Up To 6.2%, 200K Jobs Added
August 01 2014 8:41 AM
July marked the sixth straight month that employment has expanded by more than 200,000 jobs.
- US Stocks Poised For Second Day Of Big Losses
August 01 2014 8:03 AM
Investors look to payrolls for insight into rate policy.
- China Stocks Avoid Fallout After Strong Manufacturing Data
August 01 2014 7:34 AM
China's recovery was broad based with 10 out of the 13 sub-indices pointing to improvement from the previous month.
- US Job Growth Slowing, But Solid
August 01 2014 6:58 AM
The unemployment rate likely held at a six year-low of 6.1 percent, but could surprise on the downside.
- WTO Deal Refusal Undermines India's Image: Kerry To Modi
August 01 2014 4:54 AM
Kerry was in New Delhi to revitalize ties and lay the ground for Modi's visit to Washington in December.
- India Uncovers New Gold Smuggling Route
August 01 2014 12:56 AM
India has imposed a record 10 percent duty on gold imports, prompting smugglers to think of innovative ways to bring the metal into the country.
- Tea Party Out-Muscles Boehner On Border-Security Funding
July 31 2014 8:19 PM
A bill to fund border security blew up in House Speaker John Boehner's face on Thursday, leaving Republicans in disarray and struggling to reconcile Tea Party demands with the need to deal with a humanitarian crisis on the southwestern border with Mexico.