- European Central Bank Leaves Interest Rates Unchanged
July 03 2014 8:14 AM
ECB says new policies could take up to a year to have full effect.
- European Business Slows Despite ECB's Efforts To Spur growth
July 03 2014 7:34 AM
Even in Germany, the backbone of the common currency area, the pace of growth eased.
- BOE Worried About Housing Prices
July 03 2014 6:34 AM
The Bank has said it does not target house prices directly but wants to ensure lending does not get out of control.
- Indian Drugmaker Recalls 200 Vials Of Cancer Medicine
July 03 2014 4:19 AM
The voluntary recall was initiated in April and was classified by the FDA as Class II.
- Why Japan Has Eased Sanctions On North Korea
July 03 2014 12:16 AM
Easing sanctions will likely have only a minimal economic impact, but it could lead to a thawing of ties between Tokyo and Pyongyang.
- Libya Declares Oil Crisis Over After Government Reclaims Ports
July 02 2014 9:37 PM
Libya's acting Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni said the government had reached a deal with a rebel leader controlling oil ports to hand over the last two terminals and end a blockade.
- US Reveals Secret Somalia Military Presence, Up To 120 Troops: Report
July 02 2014 7:22 PM
U.S. military advisers have secretly operated in Somalia since around 2007 and Washington plans to deepen its security assistance to help the country fend off threats by Islamist militant group al Shabaab, U.S. officials said, according to Reuters in an exclusive report.
- Colorado Woman Accused Of Supporting Islamist Insurgents In Iraq, Syria
July 02 2014 7:02 PM
According to a criminal complaint filed with U.S. District Court in Colorado, Shannon Maureen Conley knew the group, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as ISIL or ISIS, was designated as a foreign terrorist organization. The group renamed itself "Islamic State" at the weekend.
- Nokia Buys US-Based SAC Wireless
July 02 2014 6:53 PM
Nokia said that the acquisition would help it win market share in network implementation. It didn't reveal the purchase price.
- 'Denial, Fear And Panic' Hinder Fight Against Ebola Outbreak
July 02 2014 6:28 PM
The outbreak has killed 467 people in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone since February, making it the biggest and deadliest ever, according to WHO.
- Goldman Sachs Sues Google To Kill Mistakenly Sent Email
July 02 2014 6:08 PM
The Wall Street titan says it needs "emergency relief."
- Roche To Buy US Biotech Firm Seragon
July 02 2014 5:44 AM
Seragon is developing a new generation of oral medicines to tackle hormone receptor-positive breast cancer.
- Lenovo To Close IBM, Mobility Deals By Year End
July 02 2014 1:22 AM
U.S. and Chinese regulators are considering the deals even as tensions between both nations over cybersecurity issues have reached new highs.
- US Marshals Bitcoin Sale: One Winner, Identity Not Known
July 01 2014 9:03 PM
The U.S. Marshals Service held an auction on Friday for 29,655 bitcoin seized during a raid on Silk Road, an Internet black-market bazaar where authorities say illegal drugs and other goods could be obtained.
- Anti-Immigration Protesters Block Undocumented Migrants' Buses In California
July 01 2014 8:13 PM
The migrants, a group of adults and their children numbering about 140 people, were en route to the facility in Murrieta, California, where U.S. immigration officials said they most likely would be released under limited supervision to await deportation proceedings.
- JPMorgan CEO Dimon Says He Has Curable Throat Cancer: Dow Jones
July 01 2014 7:10 PM
Dimon said the cancer was caught quickly and is confined and that he will undergo radiation and chemotherapy treatment that is expected to last about eight weeks, Dow Jones reported. Dimon has notified JPMorgan's board, Dow Jones added.
- Sharapova Beaten By Kerber In Thriller
July 01 2014 2:48 PM
Angelique Kerber held off the Russian in three sets at Wimbledon.
- France Proposes $1B Euro Credit Line For India Projects
July 01 2014 6:28 AM
India is keen to attract foreign development agencies and companies to help finance new roads, railways and cities.
- Chinese Factories Stabilize Economy
July 01 2014 12:20 AM
Analysts believe the worst for the economy is over but expect Beijing to announce more stimulus measures in coming months.
- BNP Admits Sanctions Violations, Will Pay $8.8B Fine
June 30 2014 5:19 PM
The French bank pleaded guilty to one count of falsifying business records and one count of conspiracy.