- Russia Squeezes Europe Back
August 07 2014 5:10 AM
Russia said on Wednesday it would ban all food imports from the United States, and all fruit and vegetables from Europe.
- Mediators Race Against Clock To Extend Gaza Truce
August 07 2014 3:43 AM
After a month of bitter fighting, the two sides are not meeting face to face.
- China Says Japan Fighter Jets Shadowed Its Planes Over Disputed Waters
August 07 2014 3:17 AM
Tension has been high between Asia's two largest economies in recent months.
- India's Cabinet Approves Foreign Investment Hike In Defense, Railways
August 07 2014 1:04 AM
However, the Modi government's efforts to push through such reforms and open up the economy have faced early resistance.
- BofA Said To Be Near $16B Deal With US Over Mortgage Bonds
August 06 2014 10:06 PM
The bank has agreed to pay about $9 billion in cash and the rest in assistance to struggling homeowners, said someone familiar with the matter.
- As Gaza Cease-Fire Holds On Second Day, Extension Talks Under Way
August 06 2014 8:45 PM
A 72-hour Gaza truce held through its second day on Wednesday and Israel said it was ready to extend the deal as Egyptian mediators pursued talks with Israelis and Palestinians on an enduring end to a war that devastated the Hamas-ruled enclave.
- Obama To Sign $16.3B Veterans Spending Bill
August 06 2014 8:31 PM
President Barack Obama will travel to a military facility outside Washington on Thursday to sign a $16.3 billion plan to ease health care delays at Veterans Affairs facilities as he seeks to restore confidence in an agency tarnished by the problem.
- Lebanese Army Surrounds Border Town, Evacuates Refugees
August 06 2014 5:41 PM
Lebanon's army surrounded a border town occupied by Islamist militants as mediators reported progress in negotiations to end to the most serious spillover of Syria's civil war yet onto Lebanese soil.
- Kurds And Islamic State Clash Near Kurdish Regional Capital
August 06 2014 3:28 PM
The attack 25 miles southwest of Arbil came after the Sunni militants inflicted a humiliating defeat on the Kurds on Sunday with a rapid advance through three towns.
- Putin Imposes Import Ban On Countries That Have Imposed Sanctions On Russia
August 06 2014 12:16 PM
The agricultural ban will last one year.
- L'Oreal, Unilever Leading Multibillion-Dollar African Haircare Industry
August 06 2014 8:37 AM
The African hair care business has become a multibillion-dollar industry.
- Wells Fargo Just Made It Easier To Borrow On The Most Expensive Houses
August 06 2014 8:10 AM
The bank has eased its lending standards on mortgages it acquires from other banks.
- Russia Has Amassed Around 20,000 Troops On Ukraine Border: NATO
August 06 2014 6:47 AM
The threat of a direct intervention by Russia's military in Ukraine is feared to have risen over the last couple of days.
- China Anti-Trust Regulator Conducts New Raids On Microsoft, Accenture
August 06 2014 4:35 AM
Last week, the SAIC had raided four of the software firm's offices in China.
- Samsung, Apple Agree To Drop Patent Lawsuits Outside US, Samsung says
August 05 2014 10:57 PM
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd. and Apple Inc agreed to withdraw patent lawsuits outside the United States, a Samsung spokesman said on Wednesday.
- Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank Near Deal For NBG's Buyout Arm: Report
August 05 2014 10:20 PM
Although no final decision had been taken, the unit's management, lead by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Pavlos Stellakis, were negotiation terms that would allow the buyout business to remain London-based after the deal was inked, the sources told Bloomberg.
- More 'Star Wars' Coming To Disney Parks: CEO
August 05 2014 9:29 PM
Disney is "developing designs for a far greater 'Star Wars' presence in the parks," Iger said on a conference call after the company released its quarterly results.
- Connecticut Governor Criticized For Campaign Ad Citing Sandy Hook Massacre
August 05 2014 9:14 PM
The 30-second television spot, which began airing early this week, features Nicole Hockley, whose son Dylan was one of 20 children and six adults shot dead at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14, 2012, one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history.
- Disney Profit Gets Boost From Movies, Parks, Products
August 05 2014 7:36 PM
Disney's quarterly profit beat Wall Street expectations, helped by strong results from its movie studio, theme parks and consumer products.
- Putin Tells Government To Respond To Western Sanctions
August 05 2014 12:34 PM
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his government to prepare retaliatory measures against the latest round of Western sanctions, Russian news agencies reported on Tuesday.