- Turkey's Erdogan Takes Early Lead In Presidential Race: TV
August 10 2014 11:45 AM
It's the first direct presidential election.
- ISIS Kills 500 Yazidis, Buries Some Victims Alive: Iraq
August 10 2014 6:58 AM
Islamic State of Iraq and Syria militants have killed at least 500 members of Iraq’s Yazidi ethnic minority, an Iraq official said Sunday.
- Plane Crashes Near Tehran’s Mehrabad Airport, Killing At Least 48
August 10 2014 5:35 AM
The Sepahan Air Iran-140 plane crash killed all 48 people aboard, Iranian state media reported.
- Indian Tycoon Markets New York Plaza Hotel While In New Delhi Jail
August 10 2014 1:56 AM
Indian tycoon Subrata Roy is putting up for sale three deluxe properties to raise $1.6 billion for a bail bond.
- Renewed Fighting Jeopardizes Gaza Truce Efforts
August 09 2014 11:38 PM
Israeli Cabinet set to meet Sunday on Gaza.
- Palestinians Appear Likely To Leave Cairo Sunday
August 09 2014 11:27 PM
A decision was to be made after a meeting on Sunday with Egyptian mediators.
- Rwandan Accused Of War Crimes Arrested Crossing Into US
August 09 2014 9:02 PM
Leonard Teganya, 42, is accused of violating international law and the Canadian Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act.
- Egypt Bans Muslim Brotherhood From Participating In Elections
August 09 2014 1:23 PM
The Egyptian court previously banned the Muslim Brotherhood in September.
- Obama Says US Won't Let Islamic Militants Create Caliphate
August 09 2014 10:34 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama said he was willing to consider broader use of military strikes in Iraq to beat back Islamist militants, but Iraqi political leaders must first figure out a way to work with each other, the New York Times reported.
- UAE's Emirates Airline Suspends Flights To Iraq's Arbil
August 09 2014 10:30 AM
An Emirates spokesman said the airline will continue to operate daily, non-stop flights between Dubai and Basra, along with its four-times weekly service to Baghdad.
- US Urges India To Step Up As Regional Power
August 09 2014 10:26 AM
The United States urged India on Saturday to bolster its role as a global power and force for regional stability, ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's first visit to Washington since his election in May.
- Hacking Group Wants To Play Nice With Automakers
August 08 2014 8:37 PM
The non-profit group, known as "I am the Calvary," is asking attendees at this weekend's Def Con hacking conference in Las Vegas to sign an open letter to "Automotive CEOs" to ask them to implement basic guidelines to defend cars from cyber attacks.
- Former NJ Republican Official Shot Dead In Apparent Murder-Suicide
August 08 2014 8:21 PM
A former Republican official who once worked with N.J. Gov. Chris Christie was found dead along with her husband inside their home, officials said on Friday, in what appeared to be a murder-suicide.
- US Warplanes Strike Islamic State Artillery To Protect Kurds
August 08 2014 11:00 AM
U.S. warplanes struck Iraq on Friday for the first time since American troops pulled out in 2011, attacking Islamist fighters advancing towards the Kurdish region after President Barack Obamasaid Washington must act to prevent "genocide."
- Italy's Parliament Approves Economic Package Amid Skepticism
August 08 2014 5:38 AM
Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is under growing pressure to take more decisive steps to overhaul the euro zone's third-biggest economy.
- Tango Messaging App Company Valued At Around $1.5B: Reuters
August 08 2014 12:32 AM
Tango’s transaction would involve early investors and shareholders selling shares to Ukrainian-born billionaire Len Blavatnik.
- US Cuts Resources For Project Involved In Ebola Battle In Sierra Leone
August 07 2014 7:49 PM
The U.S. government will not renew funding for a major research project into Lassa fever, a decision that will, in turn, cut resources for a facility in Sierra Leone that is at the forefront of the current battle against the Ebola virus, Reuters wrote in an exclusive report.
- China Police Investigate US Citizen Near Border With North Korea: Source
August 07 2014 6:32 PM
A Korean-American who runs a Christian NGO in a Chinese city on the border with North Korea is being investigated by Chinese authorities and has had his bank accounts frozen, a source with direct knowledge of the case told Reuters, which published an exclusive report.
- US Jobless Claims Fall To 289,000
August 07 2014 9:23 AM
U.S. Labor Department jobless claims report shows new claims at 6-month low as pace of layoffs slows.
- Bank Of America Near $16B Deal With US Over Mortgage Bonds
August 07 2014 6:43 AM
The bank has reportedly agreed to pay about $9 billion in cash and the rest in assistance to struggling homeowners.