- Iran Says Possible Response To New US Sanctions Could Not Be ‘Pleasant’
August 31 2014 11:35 AM
“We can take actions that would be unpleasant to the other side,” Iran's foreign minister says Sunday.
- California Governor Lauds Passage Of ‘Historic’ Sick Leave Bill
August 31 2014 9:43 AM
The measure would require Californian employers to provide at least three days of annual paid sick leave to workers.
- China Tells Journalists To Use 'Marxist News Values'
August 31 2014 3:53 AM
In the latest step in President Xi Jinping's crackdown on the media, journalists were told to uphold the principles prescribed by the Communist Party,
- Thousands Of Protesters Pressure Pakistan PM To Quit
August 31 2014 1:16 AM
Pakistan has been gripped by unrest for more than two weeks, with protest leaders saying they will not back down unless the Prime Minister resigns.
- Iraqi And Kurdish Forces Bid To Break Amerli Siege
August 30 2014 8:22 PM
Kurds have been slowly regaining ground from the militants and Saturday advanced on the northern town of Zumar.
- Fiat Chrysler Sees New York Stock-Market Listing In October
August 30 2014 12:24 PM
"The most likely date for the listing in the U.S. is October 13," Fiat Chrysler Automobiles CEO Sergio Marchionne said Saturday.
- Suicide Bomber Kills At Least 11 People South Of Baghdad
August 30 2014 11:03 AM
A suicide bomber driving a car packed with explosives killed at least 11 people and wounded 30 Saturday in a town just south of Baghdad.
- China Warns Foreign Powers Not To Meddle In Hong Kong
August 30 2014 6:49 AM
The warning comes ahead of a crucial ruling on the future of the city's political system, due Sunday.
- Reports Of Attempted Military Coup In Lesotho
August 30 2014 4:52 AM
Military units surrounded government and police buildings and gunfire was heard in the southern African kingdom on Saturday.
- Texas Law Meant To Shut Abortion Clinics Struck Down
August 29 2014 8:45 PM
A federal judge ruled the law placed an undue burden on women by reducing the number of clinics where they could seek abortions.
- Bitcoin Promoter Will Plead Guilty In Silk Road Case
August 29 2014 7:46 PM
Charlie Shrem will admit unlicensed money transmission, his lawyer says.
- IMF Board Stands By Lagarde Amid French Corruption Probe
August 29 2014 5:58 PM
French magistrates have put Lagarde under formal investigation for "negligence" after questioning her for a fourth time.
- A&E Buying 10% Of Vice Media For $250M
August 29 2014 5:47 PM
"It means we can preserve our independence," says Vice CEO Shane Smith.
- Cop Who Pointed Rifle At Ferguson Protests Quits
August 29 2014 5:35 PM
On Aug. 19, Officer Ray Albers pointed his rifle at a Ferguson protester during a verbal exchange.
- Hong Kong Media Mogul Unbowed By Raid As Democracy Battle Boils
August 29 2014 6:24 AM
Jimmy Lai, who spent millions promoting the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong, had his home raided by anti-corruption officers.
- Missouri Police Sued For $40 Million Over Ferguson Protests
August 29 2014 6:00 AM
The plaintiffs allege civil rights violations through arrests and assaults by police officers, following the shooting of Michael Brown.
- Dozens Of Peacekeepers Seized By Syrian Militants
August 29 2014 5:10 AM
The UN peacekeepers were seized in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, and the United Nations is working to secure their release.
- Malaysia Airlines To Cut 6,000 Jobs In Wake Of Twin Disasters
August 29 2014 3:42 AM
The company will cut 30 percent of its workforce in a $1.9 billion restructuring, following the twin air disasters that have damaged its brand.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- Missing New Jersey Man's Body Found In Israel
August 28 2014 6:51 PM
Israeli police say foul play is not suspected in the death of Aaron Sofer, 23.