- Apple Loses China Patent Case, Separate Suit Against Company Continues
July 09 2014 7:32 AM
Apple says willing to discuss settlement with Zhizhen Internet Technology.
- Indonesians Vote For New President
July 09 2014 1:19 AM
It has been the dirtiest and most confrontational campaign in memory in a country that traditionally holds up the value of consensus politics.
- Citigroup May Pay $7B To Resolve US Mortgage Probes: Reuters
July 09 2014 12:16 AM
A majority of the settlement is expected to be in cash, but the figure also includes several billion dollars in help to struggling borrowers.
- 'Terrorist Groups' Seized Former Chemical Weapons Depot, Iraq Tells UN
July 08 2014 9:39 PM
In a letter to U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, made public on Tuesday, Ambassador Mohamed Ali Alhakim said the Muthanna facility north of Baghdad was seized on June 11. He said remnants of a former chemical weapons program are kept in two bunkers there.
- Rengan Rajaratnam Cleared, US Insider Trading Streak Snapped
July 08 2014 9:34 PM
After deliberating for less than four hours, a federal jury in New York found Rengan Rajaratnam, a former portfolio manager at Galleon, not guilty of the one conspiracy count he faced following the mid-trial dismissal by a judge of two more serious fraud charges.
- Vatican Bank Cleanup And Account Closures Wipe Out Profit
July 08 2014 3:01 PM
After years of scandal, including money-laundering allegations, the bank is about to be restructured with a new president and a new board.
- Samsung, Intel, Dell Team Up On Standards For Connected Gadgets
July 08 2014 12:37 AM
The Open Interconnect Consortium aims to establish how smart devices work together in a trend increasingly called the Internet of Things.
- Samsung Electronics Says Q2 Profit Likely Down 24.5%, Worst In 2 Years
July 07 2014 9:51 PM
The world's largest smartphone maker has seen profit fall as competition heats up from Chinese makers of low-priced yet feature-heavy handsets, as the market's growth area shifts to low-end handsets in emerging economies.
- Judge Grants Preliminary Approval Of Deal In NFL Concussion Suit
July 07 2014 6:18 PM
The decision by U.S. District Judge Anita Brody comes two weeks after the NFL agreed to remove a $675 million ceiling it had placed on payments to former players who were part of a groundbreaking lawsuit over head injuries experienced during their time in the league.
- CIA Tied To Recruitment Of German Spy
July 07 2014 6:11 PM
CIA Director John Brennan has asked to brief key members of the U.S. Congress on the matter, which threatens a new rupture between Washington and a close European ally, one of the officials said, according to Reuters in an exclusive report.
- Oslo, Almaty, Beijing Named As 2022 Winter Games Candidates
July 07 2014 11:12 AM
The IOC will decided between just three possible host cities.
- Sterlings' Feud Over $2 Billion Clippers Sale Heads To Trial
July 07 2014 11:08 AM
The ownership of the Los Angeles Clippers remains in limbo.
- Bellicose North Korea Lightens Up With Promise Of Cheerleaders
July 06 2014 10:40 PM
- Gunmen Kill 17 In Attacks On Police Stations, Barracks In Uganda
July 06 2014 9:53 AM
The gunmen were not affiliated with ADF-NALU.
- Gunmen Kill At Least 29 In Two Attacks On Kenyan Coast
July 06 2014 9:24 AM
The attacks occurred in Lamu and Tana River counties.
- Nigeria's Military Says It Killed 53 Islamist Boko Haram Fighters
July 06 2014 3:33 AM
The Nigerian armed forces also say they lost five soldiers and a senior military officer during a firefight in Damboa.
- India's New PM Modi Aims At Record Asset Sales In First Budget
July 06 2014 1:16 AM
India’s new government may seek to raise as much as a record $11.7 billion in asset sales in its maiden budget this week.
- Pakistan Fighting Reverses Flow Of Refugees, Stirs Unease In Afghanistan
July 05 2014 10:21 PM
- Brutal Kvitova Stamps Authority On Canadian Upstart
July 05 2014 7:06 PM
Petra Kvitova cruised by Eugenie Boucard in the final, 6-3 6-0.
- Two Militants Blow Themselves Up In Southern Saudi Arabia
July 05 2014 4:53 PM