- Argentina Bracing For Second Debt Default
July 29 2014 7:41 AM
Time is running out for Argentina to pay "holdout" investors suing Latin America's No. 3 economy for full payment on their bonds.
- Russian Sanctions A Risk For BP's Business
July 29 2014 7:34 AM
BP said that to date, sanctions had not had a significant effect on its business in Russia.
- Karzai's Cousin And Ghani Ally Killed In Afghan Suicide Attack
July 29 2014 4:54 AM
The attack comes as the country is caught in a political deadlock over a disputed election to replace Hamid Karzai as president.
- US Judge Signs Order To Seize Cargo Of Kurdish Oil From Tanker Off Texas
July 29 2014 4:08 AM
The vessel is carrying some 1 million barrels of crude worth about $100 million and arrived on the Texas coast on Saturday.
- Nigeria Isolates Hospital In Lagos As Obama Briefed On Ebola Outbreak
July 28 2014 9:34 PM
Ebola has killed 672 people in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone since it was first diagnosed in February.
- Iraq Lays Claim To Kurdish Crude Cargo In Texas Court
July 28 2014 7:46 PM
The United Kalavrvta tanker, carrying some 1 million barrels of crude worth about $100 million, arrived off the coast of Texas on Saturday but has yet to unload its disputed cargo.
- Appeals Court Strikes Down Virginia's Gay Marriage Ban
July 28 2014 3:20 PM
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit struck down Virginia's constitutional ban on same-sex marriage on Monday.
- Richard Branson's Virgin America To Sell Shares To The Public
July 28 2014 9:27 AM
The company, known for mood lighting and wi-fi and comfortable leather seats even in economy class, offers flights to 22 cities in the United States and Mexico.
- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar For $8.5B
July 28 2014 8:48 AM
Dollar stores have struggled in a weak U.S. economy.
- Dollar Tree To Buy Family Dollar
July 28 2014 6:53 AM
Dollar Tree's offer represents a premium of about 23 percent over Family Dollar's stock-price close on Friday.
- China Condemns US Anti-Dumping Duties On Solar Imports
July 28 2014 5:43 AM
The U.S. Commerce Department on Friday placed anti-dumping duties as high as 165.05 percent on solar panels and cells from China.
- Hague Court Rules Against Russia, Awards $50B To Yukos Shareholders: Reuters
July 28 2014 3:46 AM
The claim in the Hague was made by subsidiaries of Gibraltar-based Group Menatep.
- Australia Approves $15.5B Carmichael Coal Project
July 28 2014 1:18 AM
The Carmichael mine has sparked protests from green groups and marine tour operators worried about carbon pollution.
- More Than 50 Killed In Benghazi, Tripoli Clashes
July 28 2014 12:10 AM
The government said more than 150 people have died, many of them civilian, in the capital Tripoli and Benghazi in two weeks of fighting.
- Liberia Shuts Border To Curb Ebola Spread
July 27 2014 9:23 PM
Under the new health measures, public gatherings such as marches, demonstrations and promotional advertisements also will be restricted.
- Syria Retakes Homs Gas Field From Hardline Group
July 27 2014 1:38 PM
Syria says dozens of rebels were killed in operation to retake Sha'ar gas field near Homs.
- France Urges Nationals To Leave Libya Due To Security Situation
July 27 2014 1:28 PM
The U.S. evacuated its embassy Saturday.
- German Fin Min: Russian Sanctions Necessary
July 27 2014 12:41 PM
Tougher sanctions against Russia are necessary, no matter their effect on the economy, German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble says.
- Scandal-Scarred Food Firm In China Pulls All Products, US Parent Says
July 27 2014 2:35 AM
OSI Group indicated it would “withdraw from the marketplace” all products made by Shanghai Husi.
- Federal Judge Rules DC Ban On Handguns Unconstitutional
July 26 2014 8:20 PM
A federal judge on Saturday overturned Washington D.C.'s ban on carrying handguns outside the home, saying it was unconstitutional.