- Dozens Of Peacekeepers Seized By Syrian Militants
August 29 2014 5:10 AM
The UN peacekeepers were seized in the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, and the United Nations is working to secure their release.
- Malaysia Airlines To Cut 6,000 Jobs In Wake Of Twin Disasters
August 29 2014 3:42 AM
The company will cut 30 percent of its workforce in a $1.9 billion restructuring, following the twin air disasters that have damaged its brand.
- U.S. May Use Secrets Act To Stop Lawsuit Against Iran Sanctions Group
August 29 2014 3:22 AM
U.S. government lawyers have said that information related to UANI in the lawsuit could jeopardize law enforcement activities.
- Missing New Jersey Man's Body Found In Israel
August 28 2014 6:51 PM
Israeli police say foul play is not suspected in the death of Aaron Sofer, 23.
- Hollande Rules Out Assad As Ally Against Islamic State
August 28 2014 5:11 AM
Syrian rebel forces have been fighting Assad for more than three years with political backing from the West in a war that has cost 190,000 lives.
- India's Modi Eyes Breakthrough Nuclear Pact On Japan Trip
August 28 2014 12:24 AM
India has been pushing for an agreement with Japan on the lines of a 2008 deal with the United States.
- IMF's Lagarde Under Investigation In French Fraud Case
August 27 2014 6:17 AM
The inquiry into tycoon Bernard Tapie has embroiled several of former president Nicolas Sarkozy's cabinet members including Lagarde.
- UK Business Leaders Speak Up Against Scotland's Independence
August 27 2014 6:00 AM
Heads of some of the United Kingdom's biggest companies say the outcome of the Sept. 18 referendum will affect generations to come.
- Islamic State Executes Soldiers, Takes Hostages At Syria Base
August 27 2014 5:13 AM
Tabqa was the army's last foothold in an area otherwise controlled by the militants, who have seized large areas of Syria and Iraq.
- Qualcomm May Face EU Antitrust Probe
August 27 2014 12:52 AM
An EU probe would come at an awkward time for Qualcomm, which is being investigated by China's pricing regulator for monopoly practices.
- Poroshenko Sees 'Road Map' To Eastern Ukraine Truce
August 26 2014 5:43 PM
The Ukrainian leader sounds a hopeful note after a summit meeting.
- Fukushima Court Rules Against Plant Operator In Suicide Lawsuit
August 26 2014 5:43 AM
The civil suit by Mikio Watanabe claimed that Tokyo Electric Power Co Inc (Tepco) was to blame for the July 2011 death of his wife.
- Qatar Seeks To Free More US Hostages In Syria
August 26 2014 5:23 AM
The wealthy country has mediated the release of foreign and Syrian captives on several occasions during Syria's 3-year-old civil war.
- California Wine Country Quake Could Cost Billions In Losses
August 26 2014 12:30 AM
The quake struck just as the grape-harvesting season was getting under way in Napa County, a significant wine-producing area.
- Chinese Regulator Says Microsoft Not Transparent With Sales Data
August 26 2014 12:13 AM
The Microsoft investigation comes amid a spate of anti-trust probes against foreign firms in China.
- Drive To Be The Best - McIlroy Or Scott?
August 25 2014 3:39 PM
The future of golf appears to be a dual between Adam Scott and Rory McIlroy.
- Tiger Ends Four-Year Alliance With Coach Foley
August 25 2014 3:35 PM
The golf legend makes the move while recovering from a back injury.
- France's Hollande Demands New Government After Leftist Dissent
August 25 2014 10:26 AM
French President Francois Hollande asked his prime minister on Monday to form a new government, looking to impose his will on the cabinet after rebel leftist ministers had called for an economic policy U-turn.
- Tim Hortons, Burger King Shares Surge On Merger Talks
August 25 2014 8:37 AM
Burger King and Tim Hortons, comparable in size by market value, confirmed their merger discussions late on Sunday, saying the potential deal would create a fast-food powerhouse and that the new entity would be based inCanada.
- Business Confidence Falls Amid Ukraine Crisis And Eurozone Weakness
August 25 2014 8:30 AM
Companies that have business relations with Russia are, on average, more pessimistic than those that do not have them.