Articles by Roxanne Palmer
- We Might Be Martians
August 29 2013 11:59 AM
One scientist lays out the case for placing the origin of life on Mars.
- Migraines Might Leave Long-Lasting Scars On The Brain
August 29 2013 9:31 AM
Migraine headaches often cause long-lasting structural changes to the brain, researchers found in a meta-analysis.
- Acid Rain Legacy Lingers In US Rivers: Study
August 28 2013 3:21 PM
Acid pollution is having a surprising effect on many U.S. waterways, a new study finds.
- Dolphin Deaths Blamed On Measles-Like Virus
August 28 2013 2:28 PM
More than 300 dolphins have stranded themselves this summer, and wildlife officials say a familiar foe is to blame.
- Texas Measles Outbreak Tied To Anti-Vaccination Megachurch
August 27 2013 3:39 PM
As with other recent measles outbreaks, a small population of unvaccinated individuals provided avenues for disease to spread.
- Japan Cancels Rocket Launch
August 27 2013 12:39 PM
The countdown went down to zero, but Japan's Epsilon rocket remained firmly on Earth.
- Looking Ahead To Autumn Weather
August 20 2013 5:40 PM
Accuweather's Paul Pastelok says East Coasters will likely get a mild September with beautiful fall foliage.
- High BPA Levels In Urine Linked To Obesity In Children: Study
August 20 2013 3:13 PM
Researchers found an association between Bisphenol A, a compound used in the production of plastics, and obesity in children.
- Look For A Blue Moon Tonight (Even Though It's Not Actually Blue)
August 20 2013 11:14 AM
Tonight's blue moon may not be the kind of blue moon you're familiar with.
- Photographer Trains Lens On Physics Machines [PHOTOS]
August 20 2013 6:02 AM
NYC photographer Stanley Greenberg creates breathtaking photographs of the complex machines used in physics experiments.
- Copper Plays Key Role In Alzheimer's: Study
August 19 2013 3:49 PM
Copper accumulation in blood vessels can prevent the brain from clearing out toxic proteins, a new study finds.
- NASA Tracks Sky Dust Left By Russian Meteor
August 19 2013 12:28 PM
A plume of dust from an exploded meteor circled the Northern Hemisphere in just four days.
- Tina Fey Sells Two New TV Shows To Fox, NBC
August 18 2013 4:04 PM
Although Liz Lemon is off the air, Tina Fey’s wit will soon be back on the screen in two new TV comedies.
- Time Reporter Tweets About Droning WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange
August 18 2013 2:24 PM
Time magazine’s Michael Grunwald wrote a tweet Saturday that appeared to call for a drone strike against Julian Assange.
- SEC Probes JPMorgan Chase Hiring Of Chinese Officials’ Children
August 18 2013 11:24 AM
The SEC is reportedly looking into whether JPMorgan hired the children of Chinese officials to aid its business in the country.
- Turkey Wingmen, Badger Archaeologist: Week In Science
August 17 2013 8:00 AM
Hot male turkeys employ less-attractive brothers to score mates, while a badger digs up a medieval grave.
- What If Chanel (And Other Fashionistas) Made Spacesuits? [ILLUSTRATIONS]
August 16 2013 8:57 PM
Space is fashion’s final frontier.
- Designing The Next Generation Of Spacesuits
August 16 2013 5:40 PM
The next generation of spacesuits is already being built in NASA laboratories and in Brooklyn start-up studios.
- Government Explains Area 51: Spy Planes Yes, Aliens No
August 16 2013 11:32 AM
A CIA report newly released to the public delves into the history of Area 51 as a testing ground for experimental spy planes.
- Devil Sharks, Dolphins And Spying Trash Cans: The Week In Science
August 10 2013 10:15 AM
Researchers discover a diabolical-looking ancient shark; that trash can in London may be watching you.