- UN Security Council Approves Military Intervention In Mali
December 21 2012 2:03 AM
The Security Council authorized an African-led force to help Mali’s government recapture the northern part of the country from rebels.
- Ajmal Kasab Hanged: India Executes 2008 Mumbai Attacker
November 20 2012 11:02 PM
Ajmal Kasab, the only militant to have survived the Nov. 26, 2008, Mumbai terror attack, was hanged Wednesday morning.
- UN Failed To Protect Civilians In Sri Lanka: Internal Review
November 14 2012 2:08 AM
The United Nations failed to protect the civilians in the last months of the civil war in Sri Lanka which ended in May in 2009, says a leaked draft report of an internal review which looked into how the global body handled the situation.
- 'Newsnight': BBC Begins Disciplinary Measures
November 13 2012 1:29 AM
The BBC has begun disciplinary measures against those who were involved in the broadcast of a Nov. 2 "Newsnight" report on care homes in north Wales that incorrectly implicated former Tory treasurer Lord McAlpine in a child abuse scandal.
- Indian Author Offers Growth Advice For India: Fix The Government
October 06 2012 5:09 AM
Gurcharan Das, the acclaimed author of “India Grows at Night,” believes India may have reached the limits of growth under poor governance and weak institutions.
- Space Shuttle Endeavour Lands In Los Angeles After Final Flight [PHOTOS]
September 22 2012 2:03 AM
The space shuttle Endeavour completed its final voyage when it landed at the Los Angeles International Airport Friday after flying piggyback on a modified Boeing 747 over some of the landmarks in California, thrilling thousands of onlookers most of who were recording the once-in-a-life time experience on their still and video cameras
- NASA?s Joseph Acaba, Two Russian Space Crew Land Safely In Kazakhstan
September 17 2012 1:14 AM
A Russian Soyuz capsule carrying U.S. astronaut Joseph Acaba and Russian cosmonauts Gennady Padalka and Sergei Revin landed on the Kazakh steppe at 8:53 local time (0253 GMT) Monday.
- Chicago Teachers To Go On Strike As Talks With CPS Fail
September 10 2012 1:52 AM
Chicago's teachers union said Sunday night more than 29,000 teachers and support staff would go on strike Monday for the first time in 25 years after contract talks with the school board failed.
- Labor Day Weekend Visitors Evacuated From Angeles National Forest Following Wildfire (PHOTOS)
September 03 2012 1:39 AM
Thousands of visitors to the Angeles National Forest in California were evacuated when a wildfire broke out in the East Fork San Gabriel Canyon off State Route 39 Sunday.
- Neil Armstrong: Aldrin, Collins And Other Space Heroes Join His Relatives In Memorial Service (PHOTOS)
September 01 2012 2:42 AM
Friends, relatives and fellow astronauts attended a private memorial service for Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon, at the Camargo Club in Cincinnati Friday.
- Imperial County Rocked By Series Of Earthquakes; More Temblors Likely, Many Schools To Remain Closed Monday
August 27 2012 2:38 AM
A series of over 100 moderate earthquakes rocked southeastern California Sunday, causing minor damage to houses in Imperial County and neighboring counties. No loss of life or injury was reported.
- 7 Killed In Venezuela Oil Refinery Explosion
August 25 2012 6:23 AM
An explosion caused by a gas leak at Venezuela's biggest oil refinery in Amuay Saturday morning killed at least seven people and injured 48 others.
- 32 Die As Train Catches Fire In India
July 29 2012 11:54 PM
At least 32 passengers died and over 20 others injured as fire broke out in one of the coaches of the New Delhi-Chennai Tamil Nadu Express near Nellore in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh Monday morning.
- Russia’s Soyuz Craft Blasts Off For ISS With NASA’s Sunita Williams (PHOTOS)
July 15 2012 3:29 AM
NASA astronaut Sunita Williams along with Russian cosmonaut Yury Malenchenko and Japan's Akihito Hoshide departed for the International Space Station on a Russian Soyuz from Baikonur cosmodrome in Kazakhstan Sunday morning.
- India and the United States: A Focus on the Fundamentals
June 14 2012 1:54 AM
This week, leaders from India and the United States will gather in Washington to discuss our expanding cooperation on everything from trade to technology to terrorism. There also will be issues on which we don't see eye to eye, and some of those may dominate the media coverage.
- MetaTrader 5 Integrated With Integral?s FX Grid
May 14 2012 4:13 AM
MetaQuotes Software Corp, a developer of software applications for financial markets, Monday announced the integration of its MetaTrader 5 Forex Trading Platform with Integral Development Corp's FX Grid.
- Novel Cellular Therapies Will Make Cardiac Treatment Affordable: Dr Mukesh Hariawala
April 29 2012 1:31 AM
Cellular therapies will change the landscape of treatment options for heart disease patients, making them economical for all classes of society, says eminent Indian American Heart Surgeon Dr Mukesh Hariawala.
- Dozens Of Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested [PHOTOS]
March 18 2012 8:59 AM
Police Saturday night arrested dozens of Occupy Wall Street protesters who assembled in New York's Zuccotti Park to mark the six-month anniversary of the movement.
- Dozens of Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested
March 18 2012 8:14 AM
Police arrested dozens of Occupy Wall Street protesters Saturday night during a protest marking the movement's six-month anniversary at its birthplace in New York's Zuccotti Park.
- What Works Against Santorum's White House Bid?
March 14 2012 6:36 AM
Rick Santorum is winning the hearts of Republican conservatives but the cold realities of time and math are working against his presidential election effort.