- All-Black: A Look at Angelina Jolie’s Fashion Stance at Screening of Her Directorial Debut (PHOTOS)
December 07 2011 4:40 AM
Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie slipped into what is supposedly her favorite color - black - at the screening of her directorial debut, In the Land of Blood and Honey, in New York on Dec, 5.
- Top 10 Moments of William and Kate in 2011 [PHOTOS]
December 06 2011 7:52 AM
As 2011 comes to a close, the year that may be remembered as an important one in the history of the British royal family, check out a slideshow presenting the ten best moments from William and Kate's year.
- Conflict Diamonds’ Regulatory Body Fails to Deliver, Loses Support of Founding Member
December 06 2011 5:42 AM
Outraged by the Kimberly Process' inability to prevent illegal trade in conflict diamonds (also called blood diamonds) in Africa, a key founding member quit the regulatory body on Monday.
- Shia Muslims Practice Self-Flagellation and Walk on Fire Prior to Ashura (PHOTOS)
December 05 2011 8:51 AM
Followers of Shia Islam known as Shia Muslims across the world took part in mourning processions on Sunday prior to observing Ashura; the Muslims flagellated themselves and walked on fire.
- Shah Rukh Khan Honored at Marrakech International Film Festival 2011 (PHOTOS)
December 05 2011 7:18 AM
Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was honored with an award in recognition of his contribution to Indian cinema, at the opening ceremony of the 11th Marrakech International Film Festival (FIFM), on Dec. 2. The award was presented by Moroccan actress, Houda Rihani.
- New Book Debunks Titanic Myths, Suggests Iceberg Was Spotted Well in Time
December 05 2011 6:17 AM
A new reference book on the ill-fated passenger vessel Titanic that hit an iceberg and sank in the Atlantic Ocean in 1912 suggests that the iceberg was spotted well in time and that a mere delay of 30 seconds in averting the ship led to her fatal end.
- Liverpool Santa Dash 2011: Festive Runners Set World Record (PHOTOS)
December 05 2011 2:56 AM
As many as 8000 runners dressed as Santa Claus took part in the annual five kilometer Santa Dash in Liverpool, northern England on Sunday.
- Skeleton 'Kate' Moss: Prop Turns Out to be Real Bones, Named After Stick-Thin Supermodel
December 05 2011 2:00 AM
A skeleton prop found to be a real human skeleton at London Dungeon has been named after thin and lean British supermodel Kate Moss.
- Top Five Archaeological Discoveries of 2011 [PHOTOS]
December 03 2011 6:25 AM
Start the slideshow to view some of the archaeological discoveries made this year.
- 10 Most Devastating Natural Disasters in the World in 2011 [PHOTOS]
December 03 2011 3:25 AM
As we draw to yearend, here's a look back at some of the most devastating natural calamities that shook the world in 2011.
- China’s First Chocolate Theme Park Exhibit Comes to Shanghai (PHOTOS)
December 02 2011 7:03 AM
China's first chocolate theme park, in Beijing, will display exhibits made out of, of course, chocolate, at an exhibition in Shanghai.
- Prophecy of Apocalypse in December 2012 Can Rest in Peace; The Mayans Never Meant That
December 02 2011 3:48 AM
The oft-debated doomsday prophecy that the Mayan calendar foretold for Dec. 21, 2012, can now be dismissed; experts believe that the ancient Central American civilization never actually predicted the end of the world.
- HIV-Positive Children in Asia Grow Resistance to AIDS Drugs
December 01 2011 7:31 AM
HIV-infected children in Asian countries are becoming resistant to AIDS drugs, a study of 4,000 patients under the age of 23 in Asia has revealed.
- White House Christmas Decoration Honors U.S. Military Service (PHOTOS)
December 01 2011 7:18 AM
The White House holiday decorations were opened to media tour in Washington on Wednesday. The theme of this year's decorations is 'Shine, Give, Share' and features decorations honoring U.S. military service.
- Top Five Winter Travel Destinations of 2011 (PHOTOS)
November 30 2011 10:51 AM
Depending on the local weather, tourist traffic, entertainment options and cultural experiences, a leading inspirational travel website, has announced their top five destinations for winter 2011.
- Royals in Red: Princess Letizia vs Catherine Middleton, Who Looks Better?
November 30 2011 6:49 AM
Kate Middleton donned vibrant red dresses during her visits abroad as a royal family member. Spain's Princess Letizia has too opted for the shades of red for her official trips outside Spain.
- Tungurahua Volcano in Ecuador Begins to Erupt, People Evacuate (PHOTOS)
November 30 2011 1:20 AM
The Tungurahua volcano in Ecuador spewed ash up to 4 kilometers in the sky and produced superheated gas flow (pyroclastic flows) approximately one kilometer down the volcano flank early on Tuesday.
- Arabian Sea Tropical Cyclones Intensified by Increasing Pollution
November 29 2011 8:02 AM
Pollution from human activities including carbon emissions and other aerosols intensified tropical cyclones in the Arabian Sea, according to a recent study.
- Europe’s Ski Resorts Open Sans Snow (PHOTOS)
November 29 2011 6:02 AM
Many ski resorts across Switzerland, Austria and France have been opened, but in vain, for the Alpine regions are experiencing the warmest autumn in 147 years and have little snow.
- World’s Largest Floating Christmas Tree Unveiled in Brazil (PHOTOS)
November 29 2011 3:08 AM
An 85 meters high Christmas tree, said to be world's largest floating Christmas tree according to the Guinness Book of Records, was unveiled at Rodrigo de Freitas Lake in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on Saturday evening.