- From Kate Middleton to Princess Charlene, What’s Latest with the Royal Ladies [PHOTOS]
January 28 2012 1:31 AM
As the first month of 2012 draws to an end, here is a look at the lives of some of the royal ladies of the world and what were they up to in January’s last week.
- 14-Year-Old Indian Boy Killed in the Name of Sacrifice to Discover Hidden Treasure
January 27 2012 7:18 AM
A group of ultra-superstitious people in the Indian city of Nirmal in the state of Andhra Pradesh have killed a teenage boy, 14, in a belief that the sacrifice would help obtain hidden treasure in the region. The gruesome gang crime was committed on Thursday, which was India’s 63rd Republic Day.
- Kenya’s Tourism Boon Through William & Kate’s Vacation Could Wane with Evicting Samburu Tribe
January 25 2012 7:46 AM
In the wake of the forceful evacuation of Samburu tribe, the German Travel Association has warned the Kenyan government that it will not help promoting Kenya as an attractive destination.
- Tel Aviv Grows as Gay Tourism Hot Spot [PHOTOS]
January 25 2012 7:13 AM
Already dubbed as “the gay capital of the Middle East,” Tel Aviv, situated on the Mediterranean coast, is also said to have a large community of LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) people.
- Winter 2012: Beautiful Images of Snow-Clad Places from across the World (PHOTOS)
January 24 2012 7:12 AM
While the snowy and foggy weather is taking its toll on air travel across Asia, Europe and the United States, the first major winter storm of 2012 hit northeastern parts of the U.S. over the weekend, creating as much havoc among locals and travelers as it brought joy to snow lovers.
- Mini-Island Born in Red Sea: NASA Reveals Stage-by-Stage Formation (PHOTOS)
January 24 2012 3:47 AM
A small island has been born in the Red Sea, following a undersea volcanic eruption that occurred in mid-December, 2011.
- Scientists Move on from Mars, Say Venus Shows Signs of Life
January 23 2012 6:52 AM
The Soviet Union’s landing probe, Venus-13, detected the presence of several objects resembling living organisms, on the surface of the planet Venus in 1982, according to research published in the current issue of Solar System Research.
- Obama Calls for Easing Visa Norms to Create Jobs in Tourism
January 23 2012 2:23 AM
Following a visit to the Disney World in Orlando, Fl., on Thursday, to speak about boosting the country's economy through tourism, U.S. President Barack Obama announced steps, over the weekend, to cash in on the country's tourism potential.
- Disney Fantasy Cruise, All Set to Sail: Exclusive Photos of Luxurious Fleet
January 21 2012 3:47 AM
Disney Fantasy, the fourth cruise ship of U.S. shipping company Disney Cruise Line, is all geared up first sailing in March, as the ship left its shipyard in Germany on Friday.
- From Kate Middleton to Aishwarya Rai, Flowers & Plants Named After Celebrities (PHOTOS)
January 20 2012 12:09 AM
Some of the famous celebrity names given to flowers include Britain’s Prince William and Catherine (Kate) Middleton, Bollywood actress and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai, British actress Helen Mirren, Audrey Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and more.
- Benefits of Marriage Not as Great as Believed, Say Researchers
January 19 2012 5:27 AM
It is sometimes fashionable to believe that marriage has rather disastrous effects on the mental and emotional state of being of the partners involved. Now, however, there could be a scientific basis for those beliefs.
- Giant Pandas from China Frolic around Their New Home in France (PHOTOS)
January 18 2012 7:33 AM
It was one of the most adorable scenes when two giant pandas from China appeared frolicking around their new home in France Tuesday.
- 60 Dolphins Stranded on Cape Cod Coastline; Scientists Baffled (PHOTOS)
January 18 2012 3:22 AM
About 60 dolphins swam onto the shore of Cape Cod, south of Boston, in Massachusetts last week, baffling marine life experts by their huge numbers.
- Radisson Royal Hotel Moscow Voted World’s Most Luxurious Business Hotel
January 17 2012 8:08 AM
The flagship hotel of Radisson Blu Hotels & Resorts in Russia, a part of The Rezidor Hotel Group, has been voted the leading luxury business hotel in the world.
- 11-Day La Grande Odyssee Sled Dogs Race Across French Alps, Enthrall Viewers (PHOTOS)
January 17 2012 6:17 AM
The race, dubbed as the toughest race in the world, covers over 1000 km (621 miles) across the slopes of Alps Mountainin France.
- Jarawa People in ‘Beastly Conditions’ Survived Tsunami 2004; Will They Succumb to Govt.’s Call for ‘Mainstreaming’?
January 16 2012 8:50 AM
The Jarawa people may be at risk from outsiders but interestingly the primitive tribe is said to have survived the greatest of natural disasters. Not a single Jarawa died from the devastating tsunami of December 2004.
- Golden Globes 2012: Actresses Flaunt Strikingly Similarly Colored Gowns on Red Carpet (PHOTOS)
January 16 2012 3:02 AM
Bright yellow and stunning black... hues of purple, shades of red, splashes of blue and immaculately white dresses... a rainbow-like range of colors ruled the red carpet arrivals of female celebrities at the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards in Beverly Hills, California, on Sunday.
- 2012 Golden Globe Awards: 10 'A-List' Celebs Who Donned Bright-Hued Gowns on Red Carpet (PHOTOS)
January 16 2012 12:17 AM
While some celebrities at the 69th annual awards opted for formal black dresses, a couple of them flaunted their gowns in brighter shades varying from off-white, cream, mauve, peach and yellow to tints of grey.
- Top 10 Travel Destinations for Canadians for 2012 [PHOTOS]
January 14 2012 5:15 AM
Canada-based itravel2000, a leading online travel retailer, has listed its top 12 destinations for 2012, based on online booking trends and consumer inquiries.
- Rio de Janeiro Fashion Week 2012: Layered Floral Dresses Rule the Ramp [PHOTOS]
January 13 2012 5:51 AM
From 1940s-inspired layered floor-length floral gowns to short dresses, models presented creations from Bianca Marques and the Acquastudio collections during the ongoing Fashion Rio Winter 2012 in Rio de Janeiro.