Articles by Sanskrity Sinha
- Caribou: World’s Largest Reindeer Herd Shrinks in Size
December 22 2011 6:39 AM
A recent report by Department of Environment and Conservation, Labrador and Aboriginal Affairs, shows that the world's largest herd of reindeer, the George River caribou herd in Canada’s eastern province of Quebec, has shrunken in size significantly.
- Satellites Can Help Vineyards Grow Efficiently
December 22 2011 2:56 AM
Man-made assets in space have oft proven their worth, over a number of situations and through difficult times. Now, however, it seems there could be yet another use for them. The European Space Agency (ESA) and its satellites can apparently help decide how much irrigation vineyards require and at what times.
- Dressed in Black, Did Kate Middleton Remind You of Diana?
December 21 2011 6:29 AM
Kate Middleton or, if one was to be official - Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge - exuded elegance and style, as she attended a military awards ceremony, The Night of Heroes: The Sun Military Awards at the Imperial War Museum in central London, on Monday. The resemblance to Princess Diana was, in many ways, striking.
- Is Social Media Losing Its Charm for Financial Advisors?
December 21 2011 2:47 AM
Is the craze for social media waning? Is it becoming less of a draw, compared to what it used to be a few years back? Well... financial advisors in the U.S. feel it is, a recent report reveals.
- Saudi Arabia’s Stonehenge-Like Site Still a Mystery
December 21 2011 1:21 AM
A collection of some 50 groups of stone columns erected at what is today called Al-Rajajil (translated as The Men), near the ancient oasis town of Sakakah in Al-Jawf province in northwestern Saudi Arabia.
- Top Travel Destinations for 2012 (PHOTOS)
December 19 2011 7:50 AM
There are only a few more days left to ring in the New Year and if that is not incentive enough to go hunting for exotic travel destinations, consider that 2011 was the Year of Travel according to industry experts. Travel advisors at Virtuoso, a leading luxury travel network in the Americas, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, suggest the top seven destinations that ought to be visited in 2012.
- Kim Jong-il Dead: A Glance at the ‘Dear Leader’s' Life [PHOTOS]
December 19 2011 3:30 AM
Referred to as Dear Leader and Our Father, Kim Jong-il (also written Kim Jung or Kim Jong Il), died while traveling by train, on Saturday. He was 69 and, according to a state authorized report, died of advanced acute myocardial infarction.
- Top 10 Animal-Rights Protests in 2011 [PHOTOS]
December 17 2011 5:45 AM
From People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) protests to numerous demonstrations by other animal-rights activists around the world, the objection to slaughtering of animals and the urge to go vegetarian was showed in various creative ways during the past year.
- From White House to Nativity Church, Christmas Lights Around the World [PHOTOS]
December 17 2011 1:59 AM
As the holiday season culminates with Christmas celebrations, here’s a slideshow presenting some of the most beautiful pictures of holiday lights from around the world.
- Top 10 Environmental Hazards of 2011
December 16 2011 6:52 AM
Re-live IBTimes' ten most alarming environmental hazards of the year...
- Indonesian Youths’ Heads Shaved for ‘Moral’ Training, Police Deny Human Rights Violation (PHOTOS)
December 15 2011 8:57 AM
Indonesian police have detained 65 young men and women, from different areas in Aceh Besar, of the country's Banda Aceh province, and shaved their heads because they apparently posed a threat to Islamic values; these youngsters reportedly attended a punk rock concert on Sunday.
- Princess Charlene Endears Herself to Children at Christmas Tree Ceremony (PHOTOS)
December 15 2011 8:47 AM
Princess Charlene of Monaco attended the traditional Christmas tree ceremony, at the Monaco Palace, along with several children, on Wednesday.
- Pakistan Passes Bill to Check Acid Attack Crimes, Victims Get Respite
December 15 2011 5:56 AM
The Pakistan Senate has unanimously passed two bills, on Dec. 12, which awards strict punishments to those accused of throwing acid on women.
- Arsonists Vandalize Jerusalem Mosque, Anti-Arab Graffiti Reads ‘Mohammed is a Pig’ (PHOTOS)
December 14 2011 8:27 AM
Unknown arsonists set an unused mosque in Jerusalem ablaze and sprayed anti-Arab graffiti on its walls early on Wednesday morning, provoking Muslim sentiments and prompting the government to take action.
- Great Pyramid’s Hidden Inner Chamber Secrets to be Revealed in 2012
December 14 2011 6:54 AM
The secrets of the hidden inner chamber inside the Great Pyramid of Giza, also called the Pyramid of Khufu, have long since puzzled researchers, for well over a century. However, they may finally be unraveled next year, according to a research team exploring the site.
- Euro 2012: A Look at the Luxurious Hotels Where Soccer Teams Will Stay (PHOTOS)
December 13 2011 10:31 AM
Soccer teams of various European countries have chosen their accommodation ahead of the Euro 2012, the 14th Union of European Football Associations’ (UEFA) Football Championship, to be held between June 8 and July 1, 2012.
- Giant Pandas from China Make Home in Edinburgh Zoo (PHOTOS)
December 13 2011 10:05 AM
Two pandas named Tian Tian and Yang Guang, which have been loaned to the Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland by China's Bifengxia panda breeding centre in Ya'an recently, were shown to the press Monday.
- Egypt Tourism a Priority for Islamists, But Islamic Law Could Put Off Tourists
December 13 2011 5:59 AM
Tourism will be a key priority for Egypt if Islamists come to power, the country’s major Islamist parties announced on Sunday.
- Top Ten Christmas Markets of 2011 (PHOTOS)
December 12 2011 10:45 AM
Christmas markets attract millions of tourists every year. Looking for the best market to visit in 2011? Here are the top ten Christmas markets.
- The 10 Hottest Women of All Time [PHOTOS]
December 12 2011 9:23 AM
A recent poll by Men’s Health magazine has resulted in a list of the hottest women of all time. Start the slideshow to see the hottest 10 women of all time.