Articles by Sara Dover
- James Carville: Overturning Obamacare Would Help Democrats
March 28 2012 5:24 PM
With all the talk about the Supreme Court case challenging President Barack Obama's health care legislation and the tough beating it took over the past few days, it's hard to sort through the policy and the politics.
- Mitt Romney Was Actually Funny On Leno's 'Tonight Show'
March 28 2012 1:49 PM
Mitt Romney was surprisingly hilarious on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Tuesday night.
- White House Defends Its Lawyer After Awkward Supreme Court Performance
March 28 2012 1:19 PM
Answering critics who portrayed his audiotaped performance as bumbling, the administration called Donald Verrilli an extraordinarily talented advocate in whom it has every confidence to advocate for the health care overhaul.
- Newt Gingrich Sets Potential Drop-Out Deadline -- Months From Now
March 27 2012 6:08 PM
There's no reason for anyone to drop out at this rate, at this point says a Gingrich aide.
- Ron Paul Snaps At Piers Morgan About Dropping Out: Don't 'Pester Me With Silly Questions'
March 27 2012 3:15 PM
Ron Paul is tired of telling people he's not dropping out of the Republican presidential primary.
- Obama Tries To Downplay Post-Election 'Flexibility' Comment
March 27 2012 3:04 PM
President Barack Obama sought to diffuse criticism Tuesday about overheard remarks he made to Russia President Dmitry Medvedev about having more flexibility to reach an agreement about a missile defense shield after the election.
- A Picture With Newt Gingrich Now Costs $50
March 27 2012 9:59 AM
As he struggles to keep afloat in the Republican presidential primary, Newt Gingrich is seeking extra cash by charging supporters $50 for pictures with the GOP hopeful.
- [VIDEO] Obama Promises Medvedev 'More Flexibility' After His Re-Election, And Other Candid Convos Caught On Mic
March 26 2012 11:19 AM
Every once in a while, the media gets a taste of off-the-cuff interactions between world leaders because a microphone is left on.
- Herman Cain Catapults, Shoots Bunny in Latest Shocking Ad [NEW VIDEO]
March 26 2012 10:25 AM
The pizza magnate's post-campaign project, Cain Solutions, published a new web ad Monday that includes the same creepy, unsmiling little girl from his last commercial and yet another animal metaphor. It's supposed to be about how the current tax code is killing small business, but it's kind of hard to get past the bunny being catapulted into the air and shot.
- Rick Santorum Curses Out Reporter, Vows to 'Take On' New York Times [VIDEO]
March 26 2012 9:46 AM
A GOP presidential candidate is lashing out at the media, and it's not Newt Gingrich.
- Louisiana Primary 2012: What To Watch For
March 23 2012 7:51 PM
When Louisiana conducts its Republican presidential primary on Saturday, it's not about who comes out on top. Instead, it's about the message that emerges from the contest.
- Obama: 'If I Had A Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon'
March 23 2012 10:47 AM
The president said it's imperative that authorities fully investigate the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin and he expressed sympathy for the slain teen's parents.
- Rick Santorum: Might As Well Elect Obama Over Mitt Romney
March 23 2012 10:01 AM
GOP presidential hopeful Rick Santorum dialed up the criticism of front-runner Mitt Romney, claiming Thursday that voters might as well vote for President Barack Obama if the former Massachusetts governor makes it to the general election.
- Why Ron Paul Spends More Per Vote Than Any Other Republican Primary Candidate
March 22 2012 5:40 PM
Ron Paul has the fewest votes of any of the current Republican presidential primary candidates, but his campaign and super PAC, or political action committee, spending levels are on par with most of his GOP rivals.
- Jeb Bush: Marco Rubio Should Be Romney's Vice President
March 22 2012 3:19 PM
A day after endorsing Mitt Romney, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush told a Pennsylvania newspaper Thursday that his state's new senator, Marco Rubio, should be the running mate.
- Internet Responds To Mitt Romney Aide's 'Etch A Sketch' Gaffe [UPDATED]
March 21 2012 3:21 PM
Less than three hours after a top Mitt Romney aide compared the Republican presidential hopeful to an Etch A Sketch, the internet responded with an ad, a website, and many more Twitter jokes about Romney's flip-flopping views on ultra-conservative stances.
- Jeb Bush Endorses Mitt Romney For President
March 21 2012 1:06 PM
The popular former Florida governor and brother of ex-president George W. Bush is highly respected in the Republican Party and known for his ability to connect with Latino voters.
- Illinois Primary 2012: 3 Big Reasons Santorum Lost
March 21 2012 12:39 AM
Mitt Romney won Illinois' Republican presidential primary and dramatically increased his chances to become his party's 2012 nominee, largely due to the support of moderate conservatives and voters who thought he was the candidate with the best chance to beat President Barack Obama in November.
- Illinois Republican Primary 2012 Results: Where To Watch Live
March 20 2012 4:09 PM
Four GOP hopefuls -- Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul -- are on the ballot for the GOP presidential nomination in Illinois Tuesday night, but the race for delegates is effectively between only two of them -- Romney and Santorum -- with NBC News and other sources projecting Romney to be the victor as polls close at 8 p.m. EST.
- Newt Gingrich Demands Apology From Robert De Niro, Obama
March 20 2012 2:44 PM
Robert De Niro was joking at an Obama fundraiser Monday night when he said America was not quite ready again for a white first lady, but Newt Gingrich is not laughing.