Articles by Sara Dover
- Illinois Primary 2012: Romney Has Much To Lose Tuesday
March 19 2012 5:49 PM
Despite his insurmountable lead in delegates, a loss on Tuesday could be a major symbolic setback for the front-runner's campaign. As one political consultant put it: If Santorum wins, the question will arise: How can Romney beat Obama?
- Occupy Wall Street 6-Month Anniversary: Pictures of Arrests [PHOTOS]
March 19 2012 11:23 AM
Dozens of Occupy Wall Street protesters were arrested in Lower Manhattan's financial district in New York City late Saturday night during clashes with police on the movement's six-month anniversary.
- Obama Campaign Raised $45 Million In February, Mostly From Small Donors
March 19 2012 10:37 AM
Fundraising by the Democratic National Committee and President Barack Obama's re-election campaign dwarfs that of his Republican rivals, but he continues to struggle to bring in the same amount of big donations as GOP front-runner Mitt Romney.
- Missouri Caucus 2012 Mess: 2 Ron Paul Supporters Arrested
March 17 2012 9:31 PM
One of Missouri's largest Republican Party presidential-nomination caucuses got shut down early -- and inconclusively -- after a chaotic argument led two Ron Paul supporters to be arrested on Saturday.
- Missouri Caucus 2012: When To Watch, Live Coverage
March 17 2012 8:37 AM
Missouri is getting attention for the second time this Republican presidential primary season. The Show-Me State held its first Republican presidential primary on Feb. 7, but it was, alas, all for show. It was what is known as a beauty contest: It didn't count.
- Missouri, Puerto Rico Caucuses Explained: Don't Expect Santorum Boost By Monday
March 16 2012 12:34 PM
Both Puerto Rico and Missouri will be having their caucuses this weekend, but don't expect a big boost for Rick Santorum by Monday.
- Pennsylvania Ultrasound Law: Gov. Tom Corbett Says Just 'Close Your Eyes'
March 15 2012 5:43 PM
If Pennsylvania women don't like a mandatory ultrasound before getting abortions, they can just close their eyes, Gov. Tom Corbett says.
- Should Meghan McCain Have Appeared In Playboy? [POLL]
March 15 2012 4:00 PM
Meghan McCain is posing in April’s issue of Playboy.
- Obama On Energy Policy, Gas Prices: GOP 'Stuck in the Past'
March 15 2012 12:30 PM
President Barack Obama responded to attacks made by Republicans about his energy policy, arguing that the GOP strategy to lower gas prices was ignoring the facts.
- 'The Road We've Traveled': Republicans Mock Obama Documentary With Poster [PICTURE]
March 15 2012 11:31 AM
President Barack Obama's re-election campaign is expected to release a much-anticipated documentary on Thursday, and Republicans have already crafted a visual pre-emptive response.
- Rod Blagojevich Final Statement Before Prison: I Was On 'Right Side of the Law'
March 14 2012 6:50 PM
In his final public statement before his 14-year prison sentence, disgraced former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich said he took responsibility for his crime but said he still believed he was on the right side of the law.
- Delegate Math: Santorum’s A Southern Champion, But Romney Is Still Winning
March 14 2012 4:13 PM
Rick Santorum may have been declared the victor of the Deep South, but Mitt Romney is anything but a loser. The former Massachusetts governor still won more delegates at the end of the day.
- Rick Santorum Projected Winner of Mississippi Primary
March 13 2012 3:33 PM
Mississippi Republicans are heading to the polls on Tuesday to cast a vote for a Republican presidential nominee and polls indicate it's going to be a tight race.
- Alabama, Mississippi Primaries Could Clarify GOP Race
March 13 2012 1:23 PM
Polls suggest both of the Southern states up for grabs Tuesday night will be close races, and not just between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum. Newt Gingrich has a rare chance to rack up another win, and either he or Santorum could still emerge as a strong alternative to Romney.
- Sandra Fluke CNN Essay: Limbaugh, Others 'Cannot Silence Us'
March 13 2012 11:00 AM
The Georgetown law student criticized those who demonized and smeared me, an indirect shot at radio host Rush Limbaugh, who had called her a slut. Fluke said women and men from across the country have written to express support for her view that contraception needs to be treated as a basic health care service.
- Mississippi & Alabama Republicans Believe Obama Is Muslim: Poll
March 12 2012 6:36 PM
An alarmingly large amount of Republican voters in Mississippi and Alabama believe President Barack Obama is Muslim and doubt evolution, according to a new poll.
- Rising Gas Prices - Obama’s Biggest Problem: Poll
March 12 2012 4:19 PM
The soaring cost of gasoline may end up being the most important issue of the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign.
- Ron Paul Wins Popular Vote In Virgin Islands GOP Caucus, Media Reports Mitt Romney Won
March 12 2012 11:44 AM
If Ron Paul won the popular vote in the U.S. Virgin Islands on Saturday, then why did most media outlets declare Mitt Romney the winner?
- Rick Santorum Wins Kansas Republican Caucus 2012
March 10 2012 1:01 AM
Rick Santorum is the winner of the Republican caucus in Kansas.
- Mitt Romney Desperately Trying To Win Over Deep South
March 09 2012 4:35 PM
Mitt Romney is desperately trying to win over southern voters as the Massachusetts business mogul faces primaries in his one of his toughest regions on Tuesday.