Articles by Sophie Song
- The Real Culprit Behind China's High Housing Prices
March 06 2014 2:37 PM
A Chinese property tycoon blamed bureaucratic red tape for unsustainable housing prices.
- Does Everyone In China Want An iPhone?
March 06 2014 10:29 AM
Despite having just 7 percent of the Chinese smartphone market, Apple ranks first on desirability.
- Why Myanmar's Telecom Industry Will Grow In 2014
March 06 2014 5:54 AM
The industry is expected to receive 20 percent of all foreign investment into Myanmar this year.
- The Astonishing Wealth Of China's Lawmakers
March 05 2014 2:03 PM
The billionaires in China's National People's Congress this week are wealthier than the 1,000 richest Chinese.
- Why 5 ASEAN Countries Combined Are Attracting More Investment Than China
March 05 2014 10:49 AM
China has officially been dethroned as the global investment hot spot.
- Relocating To Singapore? Not So Fast
March 04 2014 2:09 PM
The Southeast Asian nation is now the most expensive city to live in.
- Are China's Millionaires The Answer To Europe's Recession?
March 04 2014 10:44 AM
European countries are opening their doors to wealthy Chinese, as Canada says no. What's the impact of the capital flow?
- Why Chinese Automakers Are Eyeing Thailand And Other Emerging Markets
March 04 2014 5:41 AM
To keep up growth, Chinese makers are forced to venture out of the domestic market.
- Why Is Apple On A Hiring Spree?
March 03 2014 2:15 PM
There's a new "competition wave" ahead for Apple, but the company aims to be ready for it.
- Is China Trying To Control The World's Grain Supply?
February 28 2014 5:53 PM
China's largest state-owned grain trader is buying a 51-percent stake in Nidera NV.
- Mt. Gox Falls, And Chinese Bitcoin Investors Rejoice
February 28 2014 11:04 AM
The price tumble from the fall of Mt. Gox has surprisingly benefited China's bitcoin exchanges. Here's why.
- What China's Insurance Companies Are Battling Against
February 28 2014 5:20 AM
Traditional insurers want to sell policies online, but some e-commerce giants have beat them to it.
- Is The China-Myanmar Oil Pipeline In Trouble?
February 27 2014 9:56 AM
The CNPC-invested oil pipeline will experience another major delay, after a Chinese oil refinery was shelved.
- Will Myanmar's Electricity Shortage Take A Toll On Production?
February 27 2014 5:51 AM
Businesses in Myanmar are already fearful that the upcoming summer will be damaging to their production.
- The Chinese 'Weishi' -- They Do Not Vine Their Memorable Moments
February 26 2014 1:11 PM
Chinese tech giant Tencent has launched a Vine-like short video-sharing app.
- China's Steel Sector - Talk About An Overcapacity
February 26 2014 11:43 AM
In a case of 'where you stand depends on where you sit' - China's steel bubble seems to trouble everyone but the Chinese.
- Is Myanmar's Fishing Sector Being Left Behind?
February 26 2014 6:05 AM
While most industries in Myanmar are expanding, its fish exports sector is contracting.
- JC Penney Q4 Loss To Be Far Less Than Last Year's
February 25 2014 11:58 AM
That said, the trajectory of same-store sales was discouraging: a 10% gain in November, a 2% loss in December and a 4% loss in January.
- Is Apple Really Suing The Chinese Government?
February 24 2014 8:59 AM
Just when it's making headway in China, Apple takes on the government in a software patent case.
- Indonesia E-Com: Set To Surge
February 21 2014 12:27 PM
The small market is projected to become a $10 billion industry by the end of 2015.