- Myanmar Looks Abroad To Tap Vast Oil And Gas Reserves
November 14 2013 11:58 PM
Myanmar could have 100 trillion cubic feet of natural gas reserves offshore, but it needs foreign companies to help it exploit its resources.
- In China, Its GMO Food Or No Food At All
November 14 2013 12:00 PM
China is importing more rice than ever, but the Chinese still refuse to resort to genetically modified grains.
- China Repents With 10 Million Yuan
November 14 2013 10:08 AM
President Xi Jinping also offered belated condolences to the victims of the disaster.
- The Worst Is Over For Vietnam's Economy
November 13 2013 2:48 PM
After hitting bottom in 2012, Vietnam's economy is now slowly recovering.
- China Holds A Grudge Against The Philippines
November 13 2013 11:17 AM
China has offered relatively small aid to the Philippines for Typhoon Haiyan relief.
- WikiLeaks Leaks TPP Chapter On Intellectual Property
November 13 2013 9:14 AM
The full chapter of the broader international trade agreement raises concerns about individual rights and free expression.
- Indonesia Surprises With Interest Rate Hike
November 12 2013 3:05 PM
Bank Indonesia unexpectedly increased interest rates on Tuesday in a bid to rein in soaring current account deficit.
- Swift Recovery For Philippines Economy Seen Following Haiyan
November 12 2013 11:34 AM
Typhoon Haiyan was devastating for the people affected by it, but the country's economy will not suffer for too long, analysts said.
- China's Third Plenum Forms Two Leading Groups
November 12 2013 10:23 AM
Markets will be allowed to play a "decisive" role in resource allocation, the Third Plenum decided.
- Singapore Finds Cheaper Maids From Cambodia And Myanmar
November 12 2013 6:25 AM
Domestic help from the Philippines is getting too expensive, so Singapore looks elsewhere in Southeast Asia.
- In China, A Day To Shop (Online) 'Til You Drop
November 11 2013 2:22 PM
Nov. 11, known as Single's Day in China, sent singles and couples alike to retail websites for record-breaking sales this year.
- A New Bo Xilai-Inspired Opposition Party For China?
November 11 2013 10:29 AM
A woman tries to keep Bo Xilai's legacy going by establishing her own party.
- Thailand: The Next Sunny Spot In Solar Energy
November 08 2013 12:00 PM
The Thai government is buying electricity from solar power at a premium, making the industry highly lucrative.
- Audi, Porsche, BMW Vye For Cambodia's Tiny Luxury Auto Market
November 08 2013 10:20 AM
A slew of luxury automakers have entered Cambodia, maybe too many of them.
- Bitcoin Now Worth $300 - Time To Invest?
November 08 2013 5:52 AM
At September's end, the number of bitcoins traded daily in the Chinese market was 17,500, up 24% in 3 months.
- Myanmar's Economy Roaring Ahead, Leaving Poor In Dust
November 07 2013 1:49 PM
The World Bank says Myanmar economy will grow 6.8 percent this year, but will things really get better for nation's poor?
- Malaysia Likely To Hike Interest In 2014
November 07 2013 1:45 PM
The central bank may wish to pre-emptively contain inflation in 2014 with fiscal tightening.
- No Economic Recovery In Sight For Indonesia
November 07 2013 1:43 PM
Indonesia reported just 5.6 percent growth in the third quarter.
- China's Party Congress Has Foreign Companies Holding Their Breath
November 05 2013 2:47 PM
Foreign companies doing business in China are hoping the upcoming Party Congress will indicate a better year for them than the previous one.
- Japanese Investment In Myanmar Underway, Finally
November 05 2013 12:01 PM
A joint venture formed by Japanese companies will begin developing roads and other infrastructure for the Myanmar Thilawa SEZ.