- China Sets Goal Of 10 Million New Jobs Per Year
November 05 2013 10:27 AM
Premier Li Keqiang says his country must maintain a 7.2 percent annual growth rate to keep the job market stable.
- Electricity In Myanmar To Get More Expensive
November 05 2013 8:04 AM
But only for the 30 percent of the country with access to electricity at all.
- Joker And Magneto Putting Myanmar's Domestic Movie Villains Out Of Work
November 05 2013 6:22 AM
Western films, along with their villains, are making life hard for actors who play villains in Myanmar's domestic productions.
- The Duck Is Delivering For China
November 04 2013 11:09 AM
Dutch artist Florentijn Hofman's giant inflatable duck may just be the kick China's economy needs.
- Let's Make A Deal, For Myanmar's Offshore Oil
November 04 2013 10:36 AM
International oil and gas firms are excited about the Nov. 15 auction, despite not knowing exactly what they’ll be getting for their money.
- What China's IPO Freeze May Mean For New York And Hong Kong
November 01 2013 2:35 PM
Beijing's initial public offering freeze is not likely to end anytime soon, and it has implications for other markets.
- Could The TPP Force China To Reform?
November 01 2013 11:39 AM
The 12-member strong trade alliance, if completed, could represent a major challenge to China.
- Calm Down: There Is Wine Enough For China And For You
November 01 2013 10:39 AM
No need to hoard bottles just yet, experts say, despite the Chinese drinking more wine than ever.
- Golf: The Unloved Sport In China
November 01 2013 6:28 AM
Golf cannot seem to take off in China despite concentrated promotion.
- Indonesian Workers On Two-Day Strike
October 31 2013 11:32 AM
Low wages, once the reason for the nation’s economic advantage, have prompted many recent labor actions where workers demand a greater share of the country’s prosperity.
- More Oil And Gas For China, Please
October 31 2013 10:57 AM
Seven of the 10 biggest Chinese foreign mergers or acquisitions by the Chinese so far this year were in the energy sector.
- Apple Store Foot Traffic Slowing Globally
October 31 2013 8:41 AM
Open new Apple stores or expand existing ones? Flatlining foot traffic may dictate the answer.
- A Tenth Of China's Cooking Oil May Be Recycled From Garbage
October 31 2013 6:24 AM
A short documentary exposes China's illegal practice of manufacturing "gutter oil."
- Where Should You Do Business In Southeast Asia?
October 30 2013 5:10 PM
The latest World Bank report ranks Myanmar and Cambodia as the worst countries in Southeast Asia for business.
- Myanmar's Hope To Become Rice Bowl Of World Dashed
October 30 2013 11:14 AM
Myanmar's rice exports fell 38 percent this year, stumping the nation's hope of becoming a major exporter.
- Myanmar Hopes To Avoid Electric Disgrace During SEA Games
October 30 2013 9:56 AM
Distrustful of the nation's unreliable power supply grid, Myanmar has prepared generators for the Southeast Asian Games.
- Can Malaysia Afford To Build A Huge Business District?
October 30 2013 5:49 AM
Malaysia is undertaking a massive business district in Kuala Lumpur, but it may not be able to afford it.
- China's Dominance In Myanmar To Continue
October 29 2013 3:20 PM
China has invested $14 billion in Myanmar so far, highlighting its long-time influence on its Southeast Asian neighbor.
- Hyundai Selling Cars In Myanmar Gangnam Style
October 29 2013 11:23 AM
Hyundai Motor using domestic pop culture to boost exports.
- US Building In Distress? Chinese Money To The Rescue
October 29 2013 10:48 AM
Chinese investors are investing in distressed, cheap American commercial properties.