- Is Alibaba Heading To The City That Never Sleeps?
March 13 2014 10:57 AM
Sources say the tech giant is "95 percent" confirmed to go public in New York.
- Here's How Important Indonesia's Middle Class May Be For Its Economy
March 12 2014 2:42 PM
Their spending power is increasing, saving its economy from the damages caused by falling commodity prices.
- Yeah, It's The Tax Man, For China's Polluters?
March 12 2014 10:27 AM
An environmental tax bill that China's legislators are reviewing would help combat smog - a chronic problem as the nation modernizes.
- Here's Why This Thai Political Strife Is Particularly Bad
March 12 2014 6:21 AM
In a weak and still recovering global economy, Thailand can't count on external factors to rescue its economy.
- The US And Australia Benefit From Outpouring Of Yuan Investment
March 11 2014 2:12 PM
China's ODI has grown leaps, and could overtake the amount of foreign direct investment (FDI) it attracts this year.
- China To Welcome The Bank Of Alibaba?
March 11 2014 10:58 AM
China's banking sector is ripe for a shake-up, as a number of private companies have been granted permission to set up private-funded banks.
- Myanmar Wants Deadbeat Companies To Pay Up
March 11 2014 5:43 AM
Tax evasion is a major problem for the cash-strapped Burmese government.
- Here's Why Japanese Companies Are Leaving China And Thailand
March 10 2014 12:49 PM
With China's rising wages and Thailand's political instability, Japanese companies are shifting production to Vietnam.
- Tencent And JD.com Double-Team Alibaba
March 10 2014 10:34 AM
Tencent purchased a 15% stake in JD.com, ahead of JD's IPO in the U.S.
- Genetically Modified Food Is Safe, China's Agriculture Minister Says
March 07 2014 2:46 PM
The country's minister of agriculture went on record to promote GM food during the National People's Congress.
- Another Day, Another First For China
March 07 2014 10:05 AM
State-owned Cnooc becomes the first Chinese energy company to be granted a license to seek Arctic oil.
- The Real Culprit Behind China's High Housing Prices
March 06 2014 2:37 PM
A Chinese property tycoon blamed bureaucratic red tape for unsustainable housing prices.
- Does Everyone In China Want An iPhone?
March 06 2014 10:29 AM
Despite having just 7 percent of the Chinese smartphone market, Apple ranks first on desirability.
- Why Myanmar's Telecom Industry Will Grow In 2014
March 06 2014 5:54 AM
The industry is expected to receive 20 percent of all foreign investment into Myanmar this year.
- The Astonishing Wealth Of China's Lawmakers
March 05 2014 2:03 PM
The billionaires in China's National People's Congress this week are wealthier than the 1,000 richest Chinese.
- Why 5 ASEAN Countries Combined Are Attracting More Investment Than China
March 05 2014 10:49 AM
China has officially been dethroned as the global investment hot spot.
- Relocating To Singapore? Not So Fast
March 04 2014 2:09 PM
The Southeast Asian nation is now the most expensive city to live in.
- Are China's Millionaires The Answer To Europe's Recession?
March 04 2014 10:44 AM
European countries are opening their doors to wealthy Chinese, as Canada says no. What's the impact of the capital flow?
- Why Chinese Automakers Are Eyeing Thailand And Other Emerging Markets
March 04 2014 5:41 AM
To keep up growth, Chinese makers are forced to venture out of the domestic market.
- Why Is Apple On A Hiring Spree?
March 03 2014 2:15 PM
There's a new "competition wave" ahead for Apple, but the company aims to be ready for it.