- Is The Apple-China Mobile Deal Really Worth The Hype?
December 16 2013 11:28 AM
The deal, expected as early as this week, is likely just the first step of a long battle for Apple in China.
- The Slowdown In China's Push For Canadian Oil And Gas
December 16 2013 10:02 AM
The Canadian government has made clear it prefers investment from private companies, not China's state-owned enterprises.
- The Poor Are Still With Us -- How Microfinance Failed
December 13 2013 8:42 PM
A cautionary tale of poverty stricken people who gave up everything, in some cases their lives, to borrow a few dollars.
- Is Myanmar Running Out Of Booze?
December 13 2013 6:22 AM
A government crackdown on imported alcohol is causing some tension among retailers.
- China 2014: An Important Year For Its Reform Agenda
December 12 2013 2:56 PM
GDP growth will slow just a little more in China, but that pace is in-line with the nation's plan for reform.
- Apple Finally Getting Some Traction In China
December 12 2013 9:53 AM
Its iPhone 5s was the best-selling smartphone in October.
- China's Smartphone Boom Rolls On
December 11 2013 10:57 AM
Driven by the availability of 4G network and an adapting rural population, China's smartphone market will continue to grow.
- GM Hopeful For A Slice Of Indonesia's Auto Boom
December 10 2013 11:55 AM
GM thinks Indonesia could be a market as promising as China in the early 2000s.
- Tyson's Solution To China's Chicken Problem
December 10 2013 9:51 AM
In a bid to win over the Chinese market with its rampant food safety scares, Tyson is leaving behind a decades-old strategy.
- China Bans Shark Fins From State Events
December 09 2013 11:13 AM
The move, in addition to lowering public spending, could save many sharks, a third of whose species are endangered.
- Mao Meets Fidelity Investments, Sort Of: China To Offer 401(k)-Style Retirement Fund
December 09 2013 10:17 AM
The world's second-largest economy is taking its first step toward a modern pension system.
- Thailand Protesting Its Bahts Away
December 06 2013 11:28 AM
Protests could damage affect all demand-side components of GDP.
- How Long Will It Take Chevron To Deliver Gas In China?
December 06 2013 9:14 AM
The project is Chevron’s largest investment in China to date. The U.S. firm has a 49% stake, while PetroChina holds the rest.
- China Signs WHO Convention To Curb Tobacco, Then Doubles Production
December 05 2013 3:00 PM
The nation has made relatively few strides in carrying out the WHO's guidelines.
- In Myanmar, Foreign Banks Let Out To Play
December 05 2013 12:26 PM
In a bid to speed up reforms in the banking sector, foreign banks could be allowed more freedom in the future.
- China's Ban Knocks Bitcoin Down A Peg
December 05 2013 11:01 AM
The central bank did not prohibit individuals from trading in the virtual currency.
- Two Dollars For Insurance?
December 05 2013 5:25 AM
That's how much poor Cambodians have to pay, yet most still do not have insurance.
- Asian-Americans Doing More Than Their Part For The Economy
December 04 2013 2:20 PM
They outspend the average American household by a significant margin, and they comprise the biggest group of online shoppers.
- Chinese Mobile Users Catch Up To Rest Of World
December 04 2013 12:18 PM
The big three telecoms in China received licenses for 4G, which could mean a new distribution deal for iPhones.
- British Pig Semen Worth Millions?
December 04 2013 10:26 AM
David Cameron has pushed through a deal to export pig semen to China.