Articles by Sreeja VN
- Deutsche Bank: Shame On You, Traders
January 15 2014 7:39 AM
Deutsche said the alleged manipulations by traders affected several major currencies in the $5.3 trillion-a-day forex market.
- Europe Data Shows Decline In Trade
January 15 2014 6:06 AM
The EU's trade balance slightly declined in November on a monthly basis, while the euro zone trade surplus topped consensus estimates.
- SET Moves Some Ops To A Mall As Protests Escalate
January 15 2014 2:57 AM
Anti-government protests and a shut-down call have partially paralyzed Bangkok, affecting business and trade in the nation's capital.
- General Motors Pays It Forward
January 15 2014 12:26 AM
The move underscores the automaker's remarkable turnaround since its bailout in 2009 in the wake of the financial crisis.
- Alleged Dropbox Hack Was A Perfectly Timed Hoax
January 11 2014 12:46 PM
Was the company brought down in honor of programmer-activist Aaron Swartz?
- Can Heart Attack Be Detected With Blood Test?
January 11 2014 10:34 AM
The "fluid phase biopsy" can reportedly detect high-risk patients.
- What The Latest Europe GDP Report Means For Commerce
January 10 2014 7:04 AM
The final reading of third-quarter GDP growth in the euro zone and EU were little changed from previous estimates.
- A France, Spain, UK Factory Data Surprise
January 10 2014 5:47 AM
Better-than-expected industrial production data from France, after a slew of disappointing numbers, could be an encouraging sign.
- West Virginia Declares Emergency After Chemical Spill
January 10 2014 4:51 AM
Schools will remain closed until the emergency is lifted and residents have been advised not to use tap water.
- Devyani Khobragade Heads Home
January 10 2014 1:41 AM
Although diplomatic immunity protected her from prosecution, her indictment would prevent her from returning to the U.S.
- BoE Sticks To The Script
January 09 2014 7:43 AM
Indicators such as unemployment and inflation are edging closer to limits set by the bank to rescue the economy from the financial crisis.
- Trade Data Show UK Improving, France Stuck
January 09 2014 5:23 AM
UK's trade data reflected a sustained recovery in the economy, while French data pointed to a worsening fall in exports.
- Dennis Rodman Apologizes For Rant
January 09 2014 4:29 AM
Dennis Rodman's friendship with Kim Jong Un has been the subject of much speculation and criticism.
- Samsung And Apple Head To The Negotiating Table
January 09 2014 2:13 AM
The two gadget giants are locked in bitter patent disputes in many markets around the world.
- Facebook's First Acquisition In India
January 09 2014 1:14 AM
Little Eye Labs was co-founded in May 2012 by a group of entrepreneurs.
- Anti-Smoking Crusade Saved Millions Of American Lives; Number Of Smokers Worldwide Hit 1 Billion; High Smoking Prevalence In China, Russia Offsets Global Gains
January 08 2014 9:32 AM
Anti-tobacco measures have saved millions of lives in the U.S., and other countries, even as the number of smokers increased worldwide.
- Indian Diplomat's Visa Fraud Case Strains US Ties
January 08 2014 9:12 AM
The latest retaliatory measure comes ahead of the Jan.13 deadline for the indictment of Devyani Khobragade.
- Huge NYC Police, Firefighter Social Security Fraud
January 08 2014 8:09 AM
The accused claimed they suffered from PTSD after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, but investigators found them leading normal lives.
- Are The Great Lakes Destined To Be Stuck With Asian Carp?
January 07 2014 7:38 AM
A long-awaited report to keep Asian carp from invading the Great Lakes suggests eight different strategies.
- Inflation Data Show Fragile Nature Of Europe's Recovery
January 07 2014 5:56 AM
Inflation in the euro zone and the EU remained well below the ECB's target rate.