Articles by Sreeja VN
- Asian Markets Hammered By Fed Announcement, Weak China Factory Activity
June 20 2013 2:39 AM
Asian markets fell sharply on Thursday as the FOMC signaled an end to monthly bond-buying on Wednesday and on weak China factory output data.
- EU Fines Pharma Cos $196M For Blocking Generic Drug Supply
June 19 2013 9:26 AM
The European Commission Wednesday fined several drug makers including Denmark's Lundbeck over pay-for-delay deals.
- India To Auction $7.15B In Govt Bond Quotas To Foreign Investors
June 19 2013 7:11 AM
India will auction $7.15 billion in unused government debt quotas to foreign investors on June 20.
- House Panel OKs Bill To Make Illegal Immigration A Federal Crime
June 19 2013 5:00 AM
The SAFE Act is also known, would allow state and local officials to enforce federal immigration laws.
- Fannie, Freddie Shareholders On Shaky Ground In $41.5B Lawsuit Against US Govt
June 13 2013 7:12 AM
Shareholders of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, who have sued the U.S. government for $41.5 billion in damages, may not have the strongest case.
- World Bank Cuts Global Growth Outlook For 2013
June 13 2013 3:27 AM
The World Bank cut its growth outlook for 2013 and described the global economic recovery as "hesitant and uneven.”
- FIS Court Favors Release Of Secret Ruling On Unconstitutional Surveillance
June 13 2013 1:32 AM
The FISC ruled in favor of releasing a 2011 court opinion that the NSA's surveillance was unconstitutional under FISA Amendments Act.
- Tech Companies Want Permission To Say What They Gave The NSA
June 12 2013 6:57 AM
More Internet companies have followed Google’s lead and called on the U.S. government to allow them to disclose the nature of the NSA's requests.
- Stock Woes Mar Facebook's First Shareholder Meeting
June 12 2013 4:54 AM
Mark Zuckerberg was grilled by investors at the first meeting of Facebook's shareholders.
- Greece Removed From MSCI's Developed Markets Index
June 12 2013 2:03 AM
MSCI has removed Greece from its index of developed markets after the country's markets shrunk and liquidity dried off.
- ECB Bond-Buying Program Success Won't Influence Decision: GCC
June 11 2013 8:17 AM
Germany’s constitutional court said Tuesday that ECB's success with the Outright Monetary Transactions program will not influence its decision.
- Federal Judge In Detroit Dismisses Spyker's Lawsuit Against GM
June 11 2013 5:30 AM
A US federal judge dismissed a $3 billion lawsuit by Spyker accusing General Motors for Saab's bankruptcy.