- German Unemployment Rate Holds Steady
January 07 2014 5:21 AM
The unemployment rate in Germany held steady in November, while the number of employed people increased.
- In India-US Diplomat Row, Is There A Hint Of A Thaw?
January 07 2014 2:06 AM
The court filings indicate continuing negotiations between the diplomat and U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara’s office.
- Triggering A Supervolcano
January 06 2014 8:09 AM
A supervolcano eruption can leave a long-lasting impact on Earth’s climate and ecology, and wipe out entire civilizations.
- Euro Zone, UK Data Continue To Suggest Strong Recovery
January 06 2014 5:31 AM
Economies in the euro zone and the UK remained buoyant in December with sharp growths recorded in output and orders, PMI data show.
- JPMorgan Closes In On $2B Settlement In Madoff Case
January 06 2014 2:55 AM
Will any of Madoff's Ponzi scheme victims benefit from the settlement?
- China Railway Group Chief's Death Raises Questions
January 06 2014 12:42 AM
Several high-level railway officials have taken their own lives following a government crackdown on corruption in the last three years.
- US Court OKs 3-Month NSA Data Sweep
January 04 2014 12:54 PM
FISC order covers all phone companies and all NSA metadata collections.
- Russian President Cancels Ban On Protests During Olympics
January 04 2014 10:46 AM
Moscow had allegedly set policy to prevent terrorist attacks.
- January Blizzard All But Shuts Down US Northeast
January 03 2014 8:00 AM
While the storm is expected to dump more snow across the region, roads in New York City are expected to be open by 8 a.m.
- Inflation Doesn't Rise Enough In Spain, Italy
January 03 2014 5:57 AM
Consumer prices in Spain and Italy rose in December, but the rate of growth remains much below the desired 2 percent target.
- Facebook Sued By Users For Reading Private Messages
January 03 2014 3:58 AM
Facebook is accused of intercepting private messages to profile user behavior and profiting from sharing the data with marketers.
- Original Cheerios Now As GMO-Free As They Can Be
January 03 2014 2:03 AM
The challenge of sourcing GMO-free raw material in the U.S. is said to be a major obstacle to introducing GMO-free food varieties.
- The Italian Job: Fiat Set To Fully Take Over Chrysler
January 02 2014 7:12 AM
The deal is a personal victory for group CEO Sergio Marchionne, who has been pushing a merger of the two iconic automakers.
- PMI Data Hold Out Hope For Europe
January 02 2014 5:56 AM
Data on manufacturing in Europe and the UK showed the region is well on track for a modest recovery, with some exceptions.
- India Grounds $750M Helicopter Deal
January 02 2014 2:20 AM
The Indian government dropped the helicopter deal with AgustaWestland, and both sides are now expected to seek arbitration.
- China Manufacturing PMI Falls
January 01 2014 10:03 PM
Growth in Chinese manufacturing activity slowed in December, according to two separate surveys.
- Times Square Revelers To Receive Greetings From ISS
December 31 2013 7:41 AM
Crowds can expect a greeting from space and below-freezing temperatures this New Year's Eve.
- $2.5B Merger Of India, US Tire Majors Going Nowhere
December 31 2013 6:20 AM
Apollo blamed Cooper for not resolving complications at its China unit, while Cooper held the Indian company responsible for the breakup.
- India Greenlights Tesco, Vodafone Investments. Could Carrefour Be Next?
December 31 2013 2:20 AM
Ahead of national elections, India's ruling coalition has been blamed for a lack of policy reforms even as growth has slowed to a decade-low.
- Egypt Arrests 4 Al Jazeera Journalists
December 30 2013 7:20 AM
The journalists arrested on Sunday were accused of working against Egypt's national security.