Articles by Sreeja VN
- NSA Tracked Online Sexual Habits Of Its 'Targets'
November 27 2013 7:53 AM
Documents released by Edward Snowden show the NSA collected records of online sexual activity of the people it suspected of radicalism.
- Come December, German Consumers Are Prepared To Spend In Style
November 27 2013 5:07 AM
Confidence among German consumers hit multi-year highs as improved economic conditions buoyed income expectations, a survey showed.
- US DOJ Probing Morgan Stanley For China Hiring Practices
November 27 2013 3:36 AM
Hiring the children of the rich and powerful is illegal under U.S. law, if such hiring is made in exchange for business opportunities.
- Mylan, Biocon Get Nod From Indian Drug Regulator To Sell Herceptin Biosimilar
November 27 2013 1:07 AM
A 12-shot course of Herceptin, which generated sales of $6.4 billion in 2012, costs about $19,200 in India.
- Uranium Seized In S. Africa Could Be From Outside The Continent: Report
November 26 2013 7:37 AM
Uranium seized by South Africa earlier this month raises concerns of a possible illegal trade in nuclear materials.
- Pacific Islander's Bid For Asylum From Climate Change Rejected
November 26 2013 4:55 AM
A Kiribati man's unsuccessful bid to seek asylum in New Zealand as a "climate change refugee" could discourage future claims.
- FDA Asks 23andMe To Cease And Desist
November 26 2013 1:50 AM
FDA, in a strongly-worded letter, warned Google-backed 23andMe Inc to stop selling its DNA-testing kits.
- NSA Chief Offered To Resign Over Snowden Scandal: Report
November 25 2013 5:53 AM
Administration officials refused his offer, fearing doing so would hand Edward Snowden a win and would not resolve any security issues.
- India Is World's Most Attractive Investment Destination: Survey
November 25 2013 1:56 AM
Global investor sentiment is at a two-year high and emerging markets top the list of hot investment destinations, a new report says.
- China Announces 'Air Defense Zone'
November 23 2013 2:03 PM
China's claim to the airspace over the disputed East China Sea islands is likely to anger Japan.
- Egypt Expels Turkish Ambassador, Downgrades Ties
November 23 2013 11:55 AM
Turkey, a staunch supporter of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, vowed to reciprocate.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Higher Open
November 22 2013 6:55 AM
Investors on Friday are likely to focus on quarterly earnings reports, as no major economic data releases are scheduled.
- Latvia Supermarket Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 45, Rescue Work Continues [Photos]
November 22 2013 6:49 AM
The tragedy has become the nation’s worst disaster since it regained independence in 1991.
- China Bans Its Officials From Buying Gifts With Public Funds During New Year, Spring Festival Holidays
November 22 2013 5:29 AM
The Chinese anti-corruption watchdog has banned Chinese officials from using public funds to buy new year gifts.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Higher Open Ahead Of Jobs Report
November 21 2013 7:05 AM
Investors are likely to focus on corporate earnings, inflation data and a jobless claims report due on Thursday.
- Google Launches Free Prepaid Debit Card Linked To Google Wallet Accounts
November 21 2013 5:59 AM
Google Wallet users can use the prepaid debit card to purchase goods in stores and withdraw cash from ATMs.
- Volcano Eruption Creates New Island In Pacific Ocean [Photos]
November 21 2013 4:31 AM
The tiny island, created by a volcanic eruption in Japan's territorial waters, may not last long.
- Israel Tests New Mid-Range Missile Defense
November 20 2013 8:09 AM
Israel tested its new missile defense system, David's Sling, the final piece of its multi-layered defense shield.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Mixed Open
November 20 2013 6:44 AM
The release of a slew of economic data and the minutes of Federal Reserve's FOMC meeting are ahead this Wednesday.
- Syrian Chemical Weapons Could Be Destroyed At Sea
November 20 2013 3:43 AM
Syria's chemical weapon stockpile could be destroyed at sea, either on a ship or an offshore rig.