- Can The World's Oldest Bank Avoid A Collapse?
December 30 2013 6:36 AM
Monte dei Paschi has been cornered into considering alternate plans to ensure its survival.
- Italy Business Climate Index Up, PPI Down
December 30 2013 5:58 AM
Italy's business climate index improved moderately in December, while producer prices continued to drop.
- Saudi Arabia Warms To France, Lebanon
December 30 2013 1:55 AM
Saudi Arabia will give Lebanon billions of dollars to buy French weapons, reflecting changing geopolitical considerations in the Middle East.
- Tech Glitch Mars Russian Spacewalk
December 28 2013 12:06 PM
Exact cause of problem still a mystery.
- U.S. Court Rules NSA Mass Surveillance As Lawful; ACLU To Appeal Judgment
December 28 2013 11:40 AM
Pauley’s endorsement of NSA comes just days after another federal judge ruled that agency'’s spying program could be unconstitutional.
- GM Involved In Massive Vehicle Recall In China
December 27 2013 7:25 AM
General Motors is in danger of losing its leadership position to Volkswagen in the Chinese market for the first time in nearly a decade.
- Former Ambassador To US Among Those Killed In Beirut Blast
December 27 2013 4:52 AM
A powerful blast in central Beirut killed five people, including Mohammed Chatah, a senior adviser to Saad Hariri.
- French PPI In November Rises To 0.5%
December 27 2013 4:17 AM
Producer prices in France rose unexpectedly, mainly due to higher winter tariff on electricity.
- Okinawa Governor Approves Relocation of US Military Base
December 27 2013 3:42 AM
The agreement comes after years of negotiations and fierce protests from locals about US military presence in the area.
- What Did Customers Buy This Record Holiday Season On Amazon?
December 27 2013 1:04 AM
On Amazon’s biggest shipping day of the year, the company shipped more than 36.8 million items to customers worldwide.
- Ships Rush To Help Russian Vessel Trapped In Polar Ice
December 26 2013 6:00 AM
Three ice-breakers are heading toward the trapped MV Akademik Shokalskiy, a tourist and research vessel.
- Why Japan PM's War Shrine Visit May Prompt Sharp Rebuke
December 26 2013 3:45 AM
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s surprise visit to the Yasukuni shrine could worsen regional tensions with China and South Korea.
- President Obama Thanks Troops On Visit To Hawaii Base
December 26 2013 1:53 AM
The president also greeted troops, including personnel who were injured in South Sudan, over the phone on Christmas Eve.
- NASA: Space Station Repair A Success
December 25 2013 11:52 AM
Crew conducts two spacewalks to repair a faulty coolant system.
- UN To Double Peacekeeping Force In South Sudan
December 25 2013 11:10 AM
Death toll from the past 10 days of violence rises to thousands, the United Nations said.
- U.S. Embassy In Afghanistan Hit On Christmas Day
December 25 2013 10:42 AM
Reports say no Americans were injured in the attack.
- Indonesia To Relax Foreign Investment Norms
December 24 2013 6:23 AM
The country's government, which is working hard to boost the economy, hopes to attract more investments in power, pharma and advertising.
- French Economy Q3: Slight Setback
December 24 2013 3:35 AM
The French economy had been in recession before bouncing back to growth in the second quarter of the year.
- Snowden Unloads In Moscow Interview
December 24 2013 2:25 AM
In an interview with The Washington Post, Snowden reflected on his life as a fugitive and the fallout of his revelations.
- China Orders Hep B Vaccine Probe After Infant Deaths
December 23 2013 7:44 AM
A newborn baby died about 70 minutes after he was inoculated with a Hepatitis B vaccine in China.