- Italian Consumer Confidence Hits 6-Month Low
December 23 2013 5:38 AM
Italians are glum about the economic situation and their spending power, despite an end to contraction in the country's economy.
- What Putin Hopes To Achieve By Freeing Pussy Riot Members
December 23 2013 4:52 AM
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova followed bandmate Maria Alyokhina to freedom on Monday, as part of President Vladimir Putin's amnesty drive.
- RSA Denies It Was Rewarded By NSA For Flawed Encryption Tool
December 23 2013 2:07 AM
In September, media reports revealed that RSA's BSAFE encryption tool had a major security flaw, which aided the NSA in its spying.
- Obama Administration's Proposal To Modernize Its Nuclear Forces Will Cost $355 Billion Over A Decade:CBO
December 21 2013 1:38 PM
The nuclear budget request comes at a time when the nation is facing tight fiscal controls due to its large budget deficit.
- Scientists Discover New Populations Of Exploding Radio Stars That Are Instantly Killed By Black Hole Birth
December 21 2013 11:46 AM
These exploding stars “switch off” their radio transmissions after emitting a strong beam of Gamma-rays, before turning into a black hole.
- Should E-Cigarettes Be Part Of A Smoking Ban?
December 20 2013 7:00 AM
A new law would ban the use of e-cigarettes in public and private venues in New York City, where smoking is already prohibited.
- German GfK Confidence Index Tops Expectations
December 20 2013 5:48 AM
Confidence among German consumers is improving, aided by a buoyant economic outlook, while producer prices continued to decline.
- EU Loses S&P AAA Rating
December 20 2013 3:38 AM
Recent rating cuts involving several member countries affected the overall rating of the EU.
- Senate Delays Vote On Yellen's Nomination For Fed Chair
December 20 2013 1:36 AM
Including Yellen's, 10 nominations are awaiting Senate confirmation, and many of these could be pushed to after the holidays.
- Dolphin Sickness Linked To Deepwater Horizon Disaster [PHOTOS]
December 19 2013 6:35 AM
A study has found that dolphins in Louisiana's Barataria Bay, affected by BP’s oil spill, are five times more likely to contract lung disease.
- Tokyo Governor Resigns Over Loan Scandal
December 19 2013 2:38 AM
The city assembly will hold an extraordinary session Tuesday to approve the resignation and an election could be held in February.
- Japanese Industry Activity Contracts In October
December 19 2013 12:42 AM
Industry activity in Japan, measured by the Indices of All Industry Activity, entered negative territory in October.
- $636M Mega Millions Jackpot - 2 Winning Tickets Sold In California, Georgia
December 18 2013 6:34 AM
Also, 20 tickets won $1 million for matching all numbers except the Megaball number.
- German Business Index Continues To Rise
December 18 2013 5:28 AM
In Germany, the future holds more promise than the present-day situation, the latest data indicates.
- Why Is Brazil Not Considering Asylum For Snowden?
December 18 2013 4:11 AM
In July, Snowden had sought asylum from a dozen countries, including Brazil, after the U.S. revoked his passport.
- 1 Dead In First Case Connected To New Bird Flu Strain
December 18 2013 12:16 AM
A 73-year-old woman apparently contracted the virus after visiting a live-poultry market in a town 450 miles southwest of Shanghai.
- Are Vitamins and Mineral Supplements A Waste Of Money?
December 17 2013 7:58 AM
Three studies add to the evidence that vitamin pills and mineral supplements do not prevent diseases or make people healthier.
- UK Inflation Hits 4-Year Low
December 17 2013 5:31 AM
Slower increases in food and energy prices caused the inflation to moderate to a multiyear low.
- Boeing Plans $10B Share Buyback, Higher Dividends
December 17 2013 4:17 AM
Rising profits from sales of its jetliners have helped the company declare additional dividends and a record share-buyback program.
- California Court Awards $1.1B In Damages In 13-Year-Old Lead-Paint Poison Case
December 17 2013 1:25 AM
The compensation, if and when disbursed, will be used to reduce the use of lead-based paint in tens of thousands of homes.