Articles by Sreeja VN
- Europe's 1-Ton Satellite Will Fall To Earth On Sunday Night; Scientists Clueless Where It Would Crash
November 09 2013 12:21 PM
A European satellite is expected to fall to Earth on Sunday night, but scientists can't say where the debris will land.
- Chinese Start Secret Meeting That Could Launch Key Reforms
November 09 2013 11:41 AM
Third plenum meeting of the Chinese Communist Party could determine the nation's course over the next decade.
- Europe Trade Data Shows Mixed Results
November 08 2013 7:32 AM
Germany's trade surplus touched a record high and France's data was disappointing while the UK's trade deficit remain steady.
- CIA Pays AT&T For Customer Call Records: Report
November 08 2013 6:09 AM
The contract is similar to what other intelligence agencies, such as the FBI, have with communication providers.
- Fannie, Freddie Close To Clearing Bailout Loans
November 08 2013 2:53 AM
Taxpayers have recovered most of their money paid to rescue the mortgage giants following a rebound in the nation's housing sector.
- Sept. German Factory Production Disappoints
November 07 2013 7:28 AM
Economists expect the drop in Germany's industrial production in September to be a one-time event.
- India Relaxes Foreign Bank Expansion Norms
November 07 2013 7:23 AM
Now, foreign banks can set up subsidiaries and acquire privately-run banks in the country, almost like their local competitors.
- Japan's Fukushima Nuclear Plant Prepares For Risky Operation
November 07 2013 3:05 AM
The power plant, which was heavily damaged by a tsunami in 2011, is bracing for a dangerous yet necessary task.
- Detroit Barbershop Shooting Kills 2
November 07 2013 12:25 AM
The business, located in the eastern part of the city, is also known for illegal gambling, authorities said.
- Pakistani Officials Admit Errors In Data On Civilian Deaths From Drone Strikes: Report
November 06 2013 8:04 AM
A defense ministry official confirmed to local media that the data submitted to the nation's parliament was inaccurate.
- UK IP Beats Estimates, Euro Zone Retail Sales Disappoint
November 06 2013 6:30 AM
Industrial production data from the UK beat forecasts while the 17-nation euro zone bloc saw a decline in retail sales.
- Colorado, Ohio Cities Vote In Favor Of Anti-Fracking Measures
November 06 2013 4:24 AM
A referendum on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking, seemed to deliver mixed results on the issue across communities in Colorado and Ohio.
- Apple Discloses Data On User Information Requests By Governments
November 06 2013 1:51 AM
Apple's report, published for the first time, shows requests made by the U.S. government for user-account information dominate the list.
- UK Services PMI Records Fastest Growth In 16 Years
November 05 2013 6:20 AM
Sustained growth in the service sector signals a stabilization in the UK's economy and puts it on track to meet growth expectations.
- Four Minors Among Accused In Mumbai Teen Gang-Rape Case
November 05 2013 3:31 AM
Local police announced the arrest of three of the six accused in the rape of a teenager in Mumbai, India, on Friday.
- Fewer Frosted Flakes: Kellogg To Cut 7% Of Jobs
November 05 2013 1:59 AM
Kellogg's decision stems from a slowdown in the breakfast cereal segment -- one of its core markets.
- Boeing Cuts Production Of 747 Jets For Second Time In A Year
October 19 2013 5:55 PM
Boeing adjusts production of its 747-8 jumbo jets for second time in a year citing lower demand.
- Newly Discovered Asteroid TV135 Not Likely To Hit Earth In 2032: NASA
October 19 2013 5:08 PM
NASA indicates that the giant asteroid 2013 TV135 will not destroy Earth in 2032.
- Monsanto Embroiled In India's First Bio-Piracy Case
October 18 2013 8:18 AM
Monsanto and its Indian partners face criminal prosecution for developing genetically-modified eggplant without government approval.
- Fri Futures Point To Higher Open
October 18 2013 6:16 AM
Google's performance lifted market sentiment as attention shifted to quarterly earnings reports from major Wall Street companies.