Articles by Sreeja VN
- China's Moon Rover Starts Lunar Probe [VIDEO]
December 16 2013 7:49 AM
Yutu and the lander photographed each other on the moon's surface and sent live images to China’s space mission on Earth.
- Euro Zone, EU Post Trade Surplus
December 16 2013 6:44 AM
The EU's trade balance overcame a trade deficit from the previous month, while the euro zone's surplus nearly doubled over last year's.
- GlaxoSmithKline To Increase Stake In India Unit For $1.2B
December 16 2013 4:17 AM
The deal, involving GSK's pharma unit, is the company's second large investment in an Indian subsidiary this year.
- 16, Including 2 Cops, Killed In China's Xinjiang Province
December 16 2013 1:43 AM
The knife-wielding assailants were killed after they attacked a police squad with bombs, an official Web post said.
- The Voices Of The Poor Who Suffered From The Perils Of Microlending [VIDEO]
December 14 2013 11:28 AM
Many residents in India’s Tumkur slum, about 50 miles northeast of Bangalore, are still reeling from the 2010 microfinancing crisis.
- The Poor Are Still With Us -- How Microfinance Failed
December 13 2013 8:42 PM
A cautionary tale of poverty stricken people who gave up everything, in some cases their lives, to borrow a few dollars.
- A Wonder Drug To Prevent Breast Cancer?
December 13 2013 7:01 AM
The drug will give at-risk women a less drastic alternative to mastectomy to prevent the occurrence or recurrence of breast cancer.
- Smartphone-Like Tech To Warn Of Natural Disasters
December 13 2013 3:23 AM
The small, cheap seismic sensors are similar to accelerometers used in smartphones and can provide accurate alerts of natural calamities.
- Hawaiian Health Official Who Issued Obama's Birth Certificate Dies In Plane Crash
December 13 2013 12:47 AM
Loretta Fuddy released copies of Obama’s original birth certificate to help put to rest theories that the president was foreign-born.
- Why The ECB Is Promising To Extend Easy Money Policy
December 12 2013 6:39 AM
Those expecting a quick tightening of monetary policy in 2014 will encounter a sobering reality.
- Regulator Shuts Down 52 Bus Companies
December 12 2013 3:36 AM
Some of these carriers, with dismal safety records, reportedly have transported school bands, Boy Scouts and senior citizens.
- Facebook Now On S&P Indexes
December 12 2013 1:12 AM
Facebook's stock jumped after its inclusion to the S&P indexes, which puts it in the league of the largest US companies.
- India's Trade Deficit Narrows
December 11 2013 6:51 AM
A fall in imports of the precious metal helped Asia's third-largest economy post a sharp annual decline in its trade deficit.
- NASA Unveils New Super Humanoid Robot
December 11 2013 4:59 AM
Valkyrie, NASA's female-looking robot, would compete with other robots like Atlas and Thor in DARPA Robotic Trials.
- German Inflation Steady In November
December 11 2013 3:01 AM
Low energy prices helped Germany's consumer inflation rate to hold steady in the month of November.
- Second Suspect Surrenders In Paul Walker Accident Wreckage Theft
December 11 2013 12:18 AM
Both accused men were charged with felony grand theft and two misdemeanors and face more than four years in jail if convicted.
- Volvo Sheds Machine Rental Business Unit
December 10 2013 7:55 AM
The transaction is expected have a negative impact on the group’s operating income in the fourth quarter.
- Italy Stops Shrinking While UK Continues To Grow
December 10 2013 6:47 AM
Data on industrial production from around Europe painted a mixed picture about the health of the region's economy.
- Fukushima Investigator Calls For Black Box In Nuclear Plants
December 10 2013 5:10 AM
Regulators around the world should use a common language and standard procedures to address nuclear disasters, an independent investigator said.
- Fannie, Freddie To Hike Mortgage Guarantee Fees
December 10 2013 2:14 AM
The move would result in an average 11-basis-point increase in guarantee fees, and help private players.