Articles by Sreeja VN
- Fewer Frosted Flakes: Kellogg To Cut 7% Of Jobs
November 05 2013 1:59 AM
Kellogg's decision stems from a slowdown in the breakfast cereal segment -- one of its core markets.
- Boeing Cuts Production Of 747 Jets For Second Time In A Year
October 19 2013 5:55 PM
Boeing adjusts production of its 747-8 jumbo jets for second time in a year citing lower demand.
- Newly Discovered Asteroid TV135 Not Likely To Hit Earth In 2032: NASA
October 19 2013 5:08 PM
NASA indicates that the giant asteroid 2013 TV135 will not destroy Earth in 2032.
- Monsanto Embroiled In India's First Bio-Piracy Case
October 18 2013 8:18 AM
Monsanto and its Indian partners face criminal prosecution for developing genetically-modified eggplant without government approval.
- Fri Futures Point To Higher Open
October 18 2013 6:16 AM
Google's performance lifted market sentiment as attention shifted to quarterly earnings reports from major Wall Street companies.
- China's Economy On Track In Q3: Data
October 17 2013 11:13 PM
The latest official statistics show China's economy is well and truly back to its old growing habits.
- Thurs Futures Point To Lower Open
October 17 2013 6:59 AM
The market's enthusiasm for a short-term solution to the policy crisis seems to be waning quickly.
- UK Retail Sales Beat Expectations
October 17 2013 6:04 AM
Retail sales in U.K. rebounded, aided by strong consumer spending, underscoring signs of sustained economic recovery in the country.
- New Zealand Court Receives First-Of-Its-Kind Asylum Request
October 17 2013 5:28 AM
A court in Auckland is hearing the world's first-ever case of a family seeking asylum as climate change refugees.
- Fukushima Spared The Worst Of Typhoon Wipha
October 16 2013 8:27 AM
Typhoon Wipha, which killed 17 people in eastern Japan, caused no damage to the crippled Fukushima nuclear facility.
- Wed US Futures Suggest Higher Open
October 16 2013 5:49 AM
Wall Street's jaded attitude toward Washington's latest crisis could turn into a frenzied one if the U.S. defaults.
- SoftBank And GungHo To Buy Majority Stake In Supercell For $1.53B
October 16 2013 4:53 AM
The Finnish game maker, which turned a profit in 2012, could now potentially reach Asian markets.
- Vedanta Now Offers $4B For Stakes In India's Hindustan Zinc, Balco
October 16 2013 1:37 AM
Vedanta Resources sweetens offer price by 36 percent to buy stakes in India’s government-run entities, Hindustan Zinc and Balco.
- Aug. Euro Zone, EU Factory Production Beat Estimates
October 14 2013 11:11 AM
Industrial production in 17-bloc euro area and 28-nation European Union topped expectations.
- Mon US Futures Point To Weak Open
October 14 2013 6:27 AM
The markets are becoming increasingly concerned that Congress will not raise the debt ceiling in time to avert a catastrophic default.
- Russia: Syrian Rebels Getting Chemical Arms Training
October 13 2013 9:07 AM
According to Russia, al Qaeda-linked Syrian rebel groups are receiving chemical weapon training in Afghanistan.
- BRICS May Decide On $100B Reserve Fund By Early Next Year
October 12 2013 11:01 PM
BRICS nations made little progress toward setting up a $100 billion currency-reserve pool, as disagreements cropped up over its details.
- North Dakota Wheat Farm Inundated By Crude Spill
October 11 2013 8:38 AM
One of the largest crude spills in the state spewed more than 20,000 barrels of oil onto a remote wheat farm.
- Fri Futures Point To Cautious Open
October 11 2013 5:47 AM
Continuing talks offer investors hope of an end to the impasse over the government shutdown and the debt ceiling before Oct.17.
- India's Infosys Misses Q2 Expectations But Hikes Annual Forecast
October 11 2013 3:20 AM
Infosys raised its revenue forecast for the year but Q2 numbers missed expectations hurt by a one-time visa settlement charge.