- Cognizant To Hire 10,000 US Workers Over Next 3 Years
December 03 2013 1:35 AM
Will Cognizant's move to hire thousands of workers in the country appease critics concerned about the loss of American jobs?
- NTSB Probe Continues Into NY MetroNorth Commuter Crash
December 02 2013 6:36 AM
Investigators expect their work at the accident site to take a week to 10 days, and restoration of the service in the line could take longer.
- Paul Walker Movie 'Hours' To Release On Schedule
December 02 2013 3:45 AM
The release of Hours, the late actor's last completed movie, on Video on Demand and in the US, will not be delayed.
- US Stock Market: At Fair Value Or A Bubble?
December 02 2013 1:33 AM
U.S. stock markets and property markets in Brazil could be heading toward a bubble, Nobel laureate Robert Shiller has warned.
- China's Final Manufacturing PMI Reading Tops Expectations
December 01 2013 11:29 PM
The uptick in local demand reflects China's policy changes this year to steer the economy toward a domestic-consumption model.
- Chinese To Launch First Lunar Rover Monday
November 30 2013 11:35 AM
China is set to achieve a major headway in its ambitious space program with the launch of Yutu moon rover, on Monday.
- North Korea Says Jailed American Vet Admits 'War Crimes'
November 30 2013 11:09 AM
Merrill Newman, 85, was detained while attempting to find fellow Korean war veterans in North Korea.
- Euro Zone Unemployment Falls For First Time Since 2011
November 29 2013 6:41 AM
Unemployment in the euro zone fell for the first time in 33 months, while inflation showed modest improvement.
- Sotheby's To Hold First Major Auction In Mainland China
November 29 2013 5:11 AM
The event will feature the creations of Picasso, Rembrandt and China’s leading artists, including the most expensive living Asian artist.
- China's ZTE Targets $800 Million In Revenues From India Ops
November 29 2013 12:48 AM
The smartphone maker also plans to partner with local firms to sell 4G handsets in the subcontinent beginning next year.
- Noisy Glaciers Could Help Measure Ice Melt
November 28 2013 7:54 AM
Air bubbles are formed in glacial ice sheets when snow crystals trap pockets of air, which are noisily released when the ice melts.
- Chinese Industrial Profits Jump 13.7% In October
November 28 2013 5:03 AM
Aided by strong sales and improved operating margins, Chinese industry put in yet another stellar performance.
- India Cuts Education Budget By 6%
November 28 2013 2:47 AM
India's economy grew at its slowest in a decade and the government is struggling to contain a severe deficit problem ahead of an election year.
- NSA Tracked Online Sexual Habits Of Its 'Targets'
November 27 2013 7:53 AM
Documents released by Edward Snowden show the NSA collected records of online sexual activity of the people it suspected of radicalism.
- Come December, German Consumers Are Prepared To Spend In Style
November 27 2013 5:07 AM
Confidence among German consumers hit multi-year highs as improved economic conditions buoyed income expectations, a survey showed.
- US DOJ Probing Morgan Stanley For China Hiring Practices
November 27 2013 3:36 AM
Hiring the children of the rich and powerful is illegal under U.S. law, if such hiring is made in exchange for business opportunities.
- Mylan, Biocon Get Nod From Indian Drug Regulator To Sell Herceptin Biosimilar
November 27 2013 1:07 AM
A 12-shot course of Herceptin, which generated sales of $6.4 billion in 2012, costs about $19,200 in India.
- Uranium Seized In S. Africa Could Be From Outside The Continent: Report
November 26 2013 7:37 AM
Uranium seized by South Africa earlier this month raises concerns of a possible illegal trade in nuclear materials.
- Pacific Islander's Bid For Asylum From Climate Change Rejected
November 26 2013 4:55 AM
A Kiribati man's unsuccessful bid to seek asylum in New Zealand as a "climate change refugee" could discourage future claims.
- FDA Asks 23andMe To Cease And Desist
November 26 2013 1:50 AM
FDA, in a strongly-worded letter, warned Google-backed 23andMe Inc to stop selling its DNA-testing kits.