Articles by Sreeja VN
- NSA Chief Offered To Resign Over Snowden Scandal: Report
November 25 2013 5:53 AM
Administration officials refused his offer, fearing doing so would hand Edward Snowden a win and would not resolve any security issues.
- India Is World's Most Attractive Investment Destination: Survey
November 25 2013 1:56 AM
Global investor sentiment is at a two-year high and emerging markets top the list of hot investment destinations, a new report says.
- China Announces 'Air Defense Zone'
November 23 2013 2:03 PM
China's claim to the airspace over the disputed East China Sea islands is likely to anger Japan.
- Egypt Expels Turkish Ambassador, Downgrades Ties
November 23 2013 11:55 AM
Turkey, a staunch supporter of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood, vowed to reciprocate.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Higher Open
November 22 2013 6:55 AM
Investors on Friday are likely to focus on quarterly earnings reports, as no major economic data releases are scheduled.
- Latvia Supermarket Collapse: Death Toll Rises To 45, Rescue Work Continues [Photos]
November 22 2013 6:49 AM
The tragedy has become the nation’s worst disaster since it regained independence in 1991.
- China Bans Its Officials From Buying Gifts With Public Funds During New Year, Spring Festival Holidays
November 22 2013 5:29 AM
The Chinese anti-corruption watchdog has banned Chinese officials from using public funds to buy new year gifts.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Higher Open Ahead Of Jobs Report
November 21 2013 7:05 AM
Investors are likely to focus on corporate earnings, inflation data and a jobless claims report due on Thursday.
- Google Launches Free Prepaid Debit Card Linked To Google Wallet Accounts
November 21 2013 5:59 AM
Google Wallet users can use the prepaid debit card to purchase goods in stores and withdraw cash from ATMs.
- Volcano Eruption Creates New Island In Pacific Ocean [Photos]
November 21 2013 4:31 AM
The tiny island, created by a volcanic eruption in Japan's territorial waters, may not last long.
- Israel Tests New Mid-Range Missile Defense
November 20 2013 8:09 AM
Israel tested its new missile defense system, David's Sling, the final piece of its multi-layered defense shield.
- US Stock Futures Suggest Mixed Open
November 20 2013 6:44 AM
The release of a slew of economic data and the minutes of Federal Reserve's FOMC meeting are ahead this Wednesday.
- Syrian Chemical Weapons Could Be Destroyed At Sea
November 20 2013 3:43 AM
Syria's chemical weapon stockpile could be destroyed at sea, either on a ship or an offshore rig.
- Madoff's Ponzi Scheme Victims Could File Fresh Claims
November 19 2013 7:22 AM
The MVF fund is separate from the money recovered by Irving Picard, the court-appointed trustee.
- Germany Rocks ZEW Outlook Index, Euro Zone Disappoints
November 19 2013 6:04 AM
While economic outlook improved in Germany and the euro zone, readings showed a not-so-bright economic situation in the present.
- Food Inflation Hampers Asia's Third-Largest Economy
November 19 2013 4:40 AM
Spiraling prices of onions and food grains ensure India's central bank governor is walking a thin monetary policy line.
- Princeton Offers Students Meningitis Vaccine Not Approved In US
November 19 2013 2:04 AM
The CDC recommended the vaccination after seven people on campus were diagnosed with meningococcal disease since March.
- Israel Has Held An Al Qaeda-Linked Biological Weapons Expert For 3 Years
November 18 2013 7:27 AM
Although he hasn't stood trial, no country is willing to accept him, Israeli media reported Monday.
- Tepco Begins Risky Fuel Rod Transfer At Fukushima
November 18 2013 4:59 AM
The unprecedented operation is regarded as the first step in a decommissioning process that could take decades to complete.
- France Windmill Plan Hits Turbulence
November 18 2013 3:04 AM
Opponents say huge wind turbines destroy the beauty of historic sites, leading to a downturn and job losses in the tourism industry.